Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2023 8:22 PM
Mar 2022
I get that it’s supposed to be just a funny ha ha moment, but the scene where Brook drinks water and it pours out of him is canonically inaccurate. He’s been eating and drinking with no issue so far, we even know he’s capable of pooping. Does Toei think we’re too forgetful to notice, or am I the forgetful one? Has this happened to Brook before, and is his undead digestive tract only capable of digesting food but not liquid?

Edit: This post is mainly for fellow over analytical fans who have a better memory than me. It would be a hard task to go back to every scene where brook drinks liquid, although I can go to the one scene that I can remember. I’m just curious so I figured I’d ask, I’m not sweating it if it’s an inconsistency, the scene was just a harmless gag after all.
EP1C_G4YM3RNov 4, 2023 9:45 PM
Nov 4, 2023 8:37 PM
Jul 2021
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
I get that it’s supposed to be just a funny ha ha moment, but the scene where Brook drinks water and it pours out of him is canonically inaccurate. He’s been eating and drinking with no issue so far, we even know he’s capable of pooping. Does Toei think we’re too forgetful to notice, or am I the forgetful one? Has this happened to Brook before, and is his undead digestive tract only capable of digesting food but not liquid?

I just think you're overthinking, toei most probably didn't even consider inaccuracies while animating that scene , it's just a gag
Nov 4, 2023 8:56 PM
Mar 2022
Sidd_Otaku69000 said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

I just think you're overthinking, toei most probably didn't even consider inaccuracies while animating that scene , it's just a gag

I already figured that much, but this post is mainly for the over analyzer’s like me out there to confirm if he can’t digest water like he can food, or if this is just a gag after all. The only scene I can think of is when he drank wine on his ghost ship before joining the crew. I was going to go back and check that scene to see if the wine poured out of him or not, but I figured I’d make this post to either save me the time, or point out the inconsistency if it is one.

I was just curious if it fits with continuity or breaks it. Inconsistency or not, this scene Is a harmless ha ha moment.
Nov 4, 2023 8:58 PM
Jul 2021
That sums up so much of One piece
Nov 4, 2023 9:50 PM
Dec 2022
@EP1C_G4YM3R
well I think it's one of Brooks jokes or gag. he does things like his all the time making use of his skeleton ass. he drinks tea or coffee fine. and he can eat and
drink all things fine. it's just a gag. and I don't think overanalyzing one pice is a good idea. thing like this are at the corner of every episode. like drinking milk casual fixes all the cracks instantly in Brooks skeleton. not only that it grows a new teeth for luffy.
it one pice thing are upside down. I am also a overanalyser and even if your are overanalyzing you should just take the gage or joke's in one pice.

and so that we are clearly ÷ Brook can drink any and all liquids fine just as any normal human does
Yeshaiah2015yeshNov 4, 2023 9:53 PM
Nov 4, 2023 9:52 PM
Jan 2022
Reckless_weeb said:

Sengoku saying "Garp, its your family again!" sums up One piece perfectly in a few words.
Nov 4, 2023 10:10 PM
Apr 2020
Maybe he is able to toggle his ability. And maybe he did it for comic purpose.
Nov 4, 2023 10:15 PM
Jul 2021
Ripperdoc said:
Reckless_weeb said:

Sengoku saying "Garp, its your family again!" sums up One piece perfectly in a few words.

"Straw hats going to an island, causing trouble and solving 1000 years of problems in a few days" sums up one piece in a sentence.
Nov 5, 2023 3:30 AM
Mar 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
@EP1C_G4YM3R
well I think it's one of Brooks jokes or gag. he does things like his all the time making use of his skeleton ass. he drinks tea or coffee fine. and he can eat and
drink all things fine. it's just a gag. and I don't think overanalyzing one pice is a good idea. thing like this are at the corner of every episode. like drinking milk casual fixes all the cracks instantly in Brooks skeleton. not only that it grows a new teeth for luffy.
it one pice thing are upside down. I am also a overanalyser and even if your are overanalyzing you should just take the gage or joke's in one pice.

and so that we are clearly ÷ Brook can drink any and all liquids fine just as any normal human does

I just wanted to make sure this was the first time this happened, and that I wasn’t misremembering. I’m not good with choosing the right words, so my question may not have been getting across properly. But thanks for confirming that this is indeed an inconsistency, and that he has previously drank liquid before without it pouring out of his body.
There’s nothing wrong with the inconsistency being there, it was a funny gag, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to confirm that I wasn’t tripping.
Nov 7, 2023 10:09 AM
Apr 2020
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

Edit: This post is mainly for fellow over analytical fans who have a better memory than me. It would be a hard task to go back to every scene where brook drinks liquid, although I can go to the one scene that I can remember. I’m just curious so I figured I’d ask, I’m not sweating it if it’s an inconsistency, the scene was just a harmless gag after all.

bruh . just bruh. it's a gag.
Nov 7, 2023 10:32 AM

Aug 2019
There's tons of inaccuracies in the series, mostly done for the sake of gags. Like when Nami hits Luffy hard enough to severely injure him despite him being made of rubber, yet she never uses that same physical strength in fights.
Nov 7, 2023 12:43 PM
Mar 2022
Zankokukun said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

bruh . just bruh. it's a gag.

I already said that I know it’s a gag.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 513 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Sep 3, 2011

57 by gannoncannon55 »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 512 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Aug 27, 2011

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 511 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 20, 2011

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 11, 2009

68 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 458 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 10, 2010

59 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.