Forum Settings
Forums

Introducing "With Your Last Heartbeat" | A new web novel

New
Aug 9, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2020

Check the novel here! → With Your Last Heartbeat
Hello everyone! So I have been wanting to write some idea I had in my mind for a while, and came across the MyAnimeList x Honeyfeed contest. It´s a rom-com with an important drama element that will drive the story across many romantic and friendly moments. You are free to read it and give back any constructive critic or comment, as I will really thank them.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Aug 10, 2022 6:18 AM

Feb 2019
Right, I'll just do it as quick as I can, I'm in a rush. There's unnatural dialogue, nobody says "I am sorry" like that. There're abrupt changes in scenes and chapter, the first ends at an arbitrary point, after going through many, pointless minor events that all appear as a single, unbroken line. There are plenty of blunt description of character expressions - "[I had a] face of anger," stuff like that, this really takes away from narration. Narration, actually, is another pretty weak area, with most of the first chapter switching between physically spoken and in-text first person narration, this is just awkward. The girls' a cliché and there's no defined plot or dynamic between her and the protagonist. And a few amateur grammar issues, most notably overusing ellipses. 5/10, I guess.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Aug 10, 2022 7:32 AM

Jul 2020
O_T_T said:
Right, I'll just do it as quick as I can, I'm in a rush. There's unnatural dialogue, nobody says "I am sorry" like that. There're abrupt changes in scenes and chapter, the first ends at an arbitrary point, after going through many, pointless minor events that all appear as a single, unbroken line. There are plenty of blunt description of character expressions - "[I had a] face of anger," stuff like that, this really takes away from narration. Narration, actually, is another pretty weak area, with most of the first chapter switching between physically spoken and in-text first person narration, this is just awkward. The girls' a cliché and there's no defined plot or dynamic between her and the protagonist. And a few amateur grammar issues, most notably overusing ellipses. 5/10, I guess.

Thanks for the comments. I´m still trying to improme my writing, so any comments are welcome about that! The problem with abrupt scenes it´s kind of a mix between bad writing and the fact that there is a lot of information I have to get into just 75000 words, but I would love to be able to complete that even more. I have only one question, how many chapters have you read? Because I think that could explain the problem of the cliché and the dynamic.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!

More topics from this board

» Hello creators! why don't you post your channels here?

mufarari - 5 hours ago

0 by mufarari »»
5 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

11 by Pg13_ »»
10 hours ago

» DBS Dream Fairy Match Girl "Nana" ("Yuna")

MasterTasuke - May 20

4 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 9:49 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

376 by nin-tendo »»
May 24, 1:31 PM

» help with video editing

maxima423 - Mar 2, 2012

7 by Synergyedits »»
May 24, 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.