Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2020 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
it looks intresting plz tell me
Dec 29, 2020 6:06 PM
May 2014
If this ends up being a straight adaptation of the Getter Robo Arc manga, then this will apply:

Getter Robo Arc is the last entry in the original manga timeline by Ken Ishikawa. It has nothing to do with any animated versions of Getter.

The original Ishikawa manga consists of, in order:
Getter Robo (the original from the 1970's)
Getter Robo G (direct continuation and ending of the original)
Getter Robo Go (revival from the 90's, takes place after a timeskip. The best one.)
Shin Getter Robo (short manga that fills in some of the details, takes place during the aforementioned time skip)
Getter Robo Arc (the finale, takes place years after Go. Never had a proper ending.)

There is also Getter Robo Hien, which takes place in between Go and Arc. It was based on story sketches by Ishikawa and was made after his death. I have never read it, and Arc does not assume you have.
Jan 11, 2021 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
jimmymimpson said:
If this ends up being a straight adaptation of the Getter Robo Arc manga, then this will apply:

Getter Robo Arc is the last entry in the original manga timeline by Ken Ishikawa. It has nothing to do with any animated versions of Getter.

Getter Robo Go (revival from the 90's, takes place after a timeskip. The best one.)
Shin Getter Robo (short manga that fills in some of the details, takes place during the aforementioned time skip)
Getter Robo Arc (the finale, takes place years after Go. Never had a proper ending.)

There is also Getter Robo Hien, which takes place in between Go and Arc. It was based on story sketches by Ishikawa and was made after his death. I have never read it, and Arc does not assume you have.

Here to echo this. In general your best bet is just reading the manga, and the manga is fantastic btw. I would even read Getter Robo Arc cause it was never fully finished and it's likely the anime will be different. The original show is near impossible to actually watch in the west, but the OVAs from the 90s/2000s are pretty cool, but definitely their own thing built on the expectation that you've read the manga.

Essentially read the manga.
Mar 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
jimmymimpson said:

How much of this is absolutely essential for Arc? Like...if I've seen Shin Getter Robo and Getter Robo Armageddon, but don't particularly want to read through the entire manga series...is that enough?
Mar 30, 2021 8:03 PM
Mar 2021
ChangeLeopardon said:
jimmymimpson said:

How much of this is absolutely essential for Arc? Like...if I've seen Shin Getter Robo and Getter Robo Armageddon, but don't particularly want to read through the entire manga series...is that enough?

I know I'm late but you will have to read the other manga, they are all good and not too long tho

More topics from this board

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 13 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Sep 26, 2021

7 by GenesicKaiser »»
Jun 12, 2022 6:07 PM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 4 Discussion

tacticalfiend - Aug 2, 2021

3 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 9, 2022 5:28 PM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 3 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Jul 18, 2021

16 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 9, 2022 4:56 PM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 12 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Sep 19, 2021

3 by GenesicKaiser »»
Sep 20, 2021 6:28 AM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 11 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Sep 12, 2021

0 by GenesicKaiser »»
Sep 12, 2021 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.