Forums

Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2016 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
Soren said:
I'm getting the same vibes that logic is feeling (mind meld high five!), gruffin is feeling scum to me. Her posts seems more careful and planned. Her #102 is her first real post in the game after catching up, she makes sure to comment on notable things and give her thoughts on it, which is good but gives me bad vibes. It's not particularly striking me as town and I feel like she's putting it up as a front. This is coming from me knowing gruffin as a player, the need to comment on all the stuff that she missed out screams scum!gruffin needing to look like she read the game and has actual thoughts on things.
Her #147, she makes sure to respond to every little thing. Which arguably, yeah, who wouldn't respond to everything. But, gut is telling me that something is off from here. It correlates with gruffin's scum play of going through her post several times as scum to leave no mistake before posting it.

The push on logic feels very opportunistic to me, and it also put him in the lead of votes. Reasoning wise, yeah his questions so far aren't that great but I wouldn't really classify them as filler questions. His list in 81 does look a little out of place to me, no one asked for it but I saw it as him keeping note of the players that he wants to keep his eye on and such.

What makes me feel like this vote on logic is more likely to come from scum!gruffin is because I'm town reading logic. I town read him for being transparent in how is he proclaiming that he is switching his meta up a bit and playing different. Yeah I can see how some would see it another way and that it makes logic look more odd, but the lack of concern of proclaiming it would make him look odd tells me that its genuine.

Secondly, I town read him for trying to cause that slip up from kit. It seems like a pretty townie thing to do, something which you almost never see scum try to do because quite obviously, it won't work.

To summarise, gruffin is scum for playing her scum game by making careful posts and placing an opportunistic vote on logic, whom I town read.

Vote: gruffin

@Kit I may be letting my gut feel get the better of me here, so can you share what your perspective on gruffin is in regards to my thoughts here? Since you've played in quite a few games with her now, you should have begun to get a grasp of how she plays.

I think this is town!Soren at work. I haven't seen him haul ass like this in a while for such early reads, and Gruffin did kind of strike me as on-edge the way she bashed logic with questions.
Good vote, good vote. Keep up the good work.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Dec 29, 2016 7:22 PM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
Soren said:
@Kit I may be letting my gut feel get the better of me here, so can you share what your perspective on gruffin is in regards to my thoughts here? Since you've played in quite a few games with her now, you should have begun to get a grasp of how she plays.
Gruffin is always pretty verbose and pushes a lot of questions on people early on and makes a lot of comments, so in that regard I can't say it makes me think one way or another in regards to alignment.

When she was scum she didn't push super hard early on and kind of followed the flow with townies on a mislynch iirc. And as scum she tried to make Logic look scummy and it totally backfired because Logic is generally easy to town read given enough time... would she try that again as scum?

Although I think she's pushing too hard on Logic now, it doesn't really seem odd to me as far as her typical town behavior goes.. Especially very early on in the game like this. I also don't think Logic is too different from normal either (he always seems to have mostly neutral reads lists early on). Which is funny because I think both of them have said they would try to play differently next time.

/mostly meta but that's what you asked for
No that game was not a mislynch they bussed Shinichi got town cred and skated through the game bussing another buddy to close it out.

My behavior seems the same or my read list was the status quo for me? I would say my behavior has warranted some attention. I'm actually surprised that some of my posts haven't garnered the attention I intended them to.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 29, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
Gruff do you have examples of Lucian scum hunting? Maybe they're subtler than I'm looking for but I don't see it apart from his interaction with me. I just don't see his and Sorens convo as anything but banter. But like I said I'll take another look.
Here's the posts I'm talking about:
LucianRoy said:
Why can't the reasons come now?
LucianRoy said:
Dunno, how do you feel about Soren being enlightened by my Page 1 gamesolve?
Real or fake?
LucianRoy said:
Rt, who's scum?
LucianRoy said:
I like Bias too. Actually, I don't, and it looks like a cheap cop-out to withhold a read on me and give me something fence-sitty.

Real read, or nah? Not going to look closely at the guy who just won our last game together? feelsbadman

Does my play feel different, or similar? New or old? How about it?
He's asking people for opinions, trying to sort Soren early, and he's also not afraid to call players out. Of course the sample size is small as we're still early on in the game, but it's more effort than other players have given.
Dec 29, 2016 7:30 PM

Jan 2008
Gruffin said:
Grapefruit21 said:
EBWDP: Commited to my read after 115. Seems like a strange time to bring it up.

And re my experience where is that read coming from because I was getting the opposite vibe early that I was being pressured due to my non-committal stance which (to me) screamed I was a new player and afraid to take a hard stand.
This post is making me waver on the townlean I previously had on Grapefruit...It’s like scum being frustrated that their town act did not get noticed.

I like Penta’s 137
Don't you think scum would be more careful about what they say? Sounds like town frustrated about being scum read for what they thought was townie behavior, to me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 29, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
LucianRoy said:
I think this is town!Soren at work. I haven't seen him haul ass like this in a while for such early reads, and Gruffin did kind of strike me as on-edge the way she bashed logic with questions.
Good vote, good vote. Keep up the good work.
To add on to that, he specifically asked if I had a conflicting opinion, which sounds a lot more like town trying to make sure their read is correct than scum trying to frame a townie and get other towns to believe it

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 29, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
No that game was not a mislynch they bussed Shinichi got town cred and skated through the game bussing another buddy to close it out.

My behavior seems the same or my read list was the status quo for me? I would say my behavior has warranted some attention. I'm actually surprised that some of my posts haven't garnered the attention I intended them to.

Crossbell bussed Shinichi while Gruffin voted Phraze day 1, if I am remembering correctly. I recall while reading that scum chat that they discussed spreading out their votes.

Hmm in general you seem the same to me. Popping in to say you're busy but that you want to post more. Saying you want to get out of RVS fast. Having all neutrals on your reads list.

Dec 29, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
aa-dono said:
I skimmed because I'm in a rush.

Haven't actually read logic's reads properly but the tone of his posts felt very less townie... Hmm how do I put this, he usually feels very town from the start but it doesn't feel that way here.

I like this though:
Vote LucianRoy
Who's the strongest leaning scum to you?
Does that sentence makes sense? Or most scum to you? Something to that effect..

Who's my strongest scumlean? Hmm, good question, but it might get a complicated answer. I'm not conflicted with grape anymore because his push on me is actually good and I'm getting the feeling it's coming from a townmindset. I guess that's what happens when you do ballsy early game shit like taunting people to vote you, but enh. Remember how grape was my RVS vote? I think he's in the process of sorting himself.

Unvote

I'm considering voting Gruffin/ sheeping Soren to see where his push goes. Could prove interesting, and I want to back Soren to see if he's town. Should probably read more though.
Dec 29, 2016 7:44 PM

May 2012
Kit said:
Don't you think scum would be more careful about what they say? Sounds like town frustrated about being scum read for what they thought was townie behavior, to me.
I could see that being the case, alright.
Dec 29, 2016 7:54 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 1.5 🌟

logic340 (5): Mishukax, Phraze, Sonata, Gruffin, PentaFlare
Gruffin (3): Lord_Sithis, Soren, logic340
LucianRoy (2): Grapefruit21, aa-dono
Grapefruit21 (1): rosielovesanime
Mishukax (1): _0x40_
Bursama (1): Kit

Not Voting (2):Bursama, LucianRoy

With 15 alive, it’s 8 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 1 Timer<<
TogsDec 29, 2016 8:03 PM
Dec 29, 2016 7:58 PM

May 2012
@Togs Logic voted for me.
Dec 29, 2016 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
Hello everyone! Sorry for not replying sooner, stuck in beautiful places with no cell service. I'm new to forum Maifa so o am still trying to figure everything out and reading all the posts.

With that said however-
Vote: Grapefruit

Dec 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Jan 2010
rosielovesanime said:
Hello everyone! Sorry for not replying sooner, stuck in beautiful places with no cell service. I'm new to forum Maifa so o am still trying to figure everything out and reading all the posts.

With that said however-

use the forward slash (/). Edit your post so your vote will count.

Have you caught up or is this an RVS vote?

Dec 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 2013
aa-dono said:
PentaFlare said:

The way Lucian has been posting? What do you mean specifically? Is it his style, something he said?
It's more things he didn't do. Things that town Lucian that I've seen so far has done. That, I rather not say now.
(1. I might have it wrong haha
2. If he's scum, then I don't want to tell him what I'm looking for)

I have a town tell? Wish I knew that last game.
This vote and push seems really vague. Gimme other reads. Like on gruf or logic for ex.
Dec 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
rosielovesanime said:

With that said however-

Yay Rosie :3

Is that your random vote? Why did you pick Grapefruit?

Dec 29, 2016 8:04 PM

Nov 2015
Gruffin said:
@Togs Logic voted for me.
Thanks, sorry about that mixed up my G- names o_0

- Vote count updated to this point -
Dec 29, 2016 8:13 PM

May 2012
@Logic340 Thoughts on Kit so far?

@aa-dono Anything else to add?

@Kit Top town/scumreads?

@Soren Could you walk me through your townread on Logic? If I've overlooked something important I'd like to know.
Dec 29, 2016 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:

use the forward slash (/). Edit your post so your vote will count.

Have you caught up or is this an RVS vote?

Kit said:

Yay Rosie :3

Is that your random vote? Why did you pick Grapefruit?

Yeah sorry about that. It's hard to read the tiny symbols on the phone. Thought I caught it before anyone else saw it lol

And yeah its pretty RVS. I got to page 5 and something that Grapefruit said early on made me not trust them, and by that point I got to I haven't shaken off the feeling.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me being pretty bad, this my first game.

Dec 29, 2016 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
What did grapefruit say?
@Rosie
Dec 29, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2008
Gruffin said:
@Kit Top town/scumreads?
Lucian and Soren for town
Togs for Scum

Don't really have a scum read or else I'd change my vote. I suppose... you(gruffin), Logic, Sonata, and maybe 40 have all seemed scummy at some point, to me.

Dec 29, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2012
Kit said:
Togs for Scum

Don't really have a scum read or else I'd change my vote. I suppose... you(gruffin), Logic, Sonata, and maybe 40 have all seemed scummy at some point, to me.
No stances on who is scum? Why not use your vote to pressure someone?
Dec 29, 2016 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
rosielovesanime said:
Hopefully you guys don't mind me being pretty bad, this my first game.

Don't worry, it's my first game too.
Dec 29, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
@Logic340 Thoughts on Kit so far?
Well, I am still feeling neutral but one thing of not to me is in #206 he says I generally feel the same (Town) yet in #219 I have seemed scummy at some point.

Kit said:
Gruffin said:
@Kit Top town/scumreads?
Togs for Scum

in #206 you said I look generally the same what have I done that looked scummy to you? Why would you say Sonata looks scummy? I need to look at _0x40_ closer.

Dec 29, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
Togs for Scum

No stances on who is scum? Why not use your vote to pressure someone?
Well this game has majority lynch so I'd rather not vote just for pressure on someone who already has lots of votes (logic). A lot of people are offline at this very moment and I still have time to change my vote before I go to sleep. Or do you think I should vote you? :3

Dec 29, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
Kit said:
Togs for Scum

in #206 you said I look generally the same what have I done that looked scummy to you? Why would you say Sonata looks scummy? I need to look at _0x40_ closer.
Hmm I think I pointed some things out in my catch up posts. Stuff like how you wanted to get out of RVS but made an RVS vote, and implying you are town without outwardly saying it.

Acting mostly as usual doesn't necessarily indicate alignment, especially since you don't have scum meta.

Dec 29, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
Why would you say Sonata looks scummy? I need to look at _0x40_ closer.
Whoops forgot to answer the second part. For Sonata it's their apathy for catching scum, and 40 I am kind of going off of what Bursama said since I could agree with it but I need to look at them again myself

Dec 29, 2016 8:52 PM

May 2012
Kit said:
Well this game has majority lynch so I'd rather not vote just for pressure on someone who already has lots of votes (logic). A lot of people are offline at this very moment and I still have time to change my vote before I go to sleep. Or do you think I should vote you? :3
I still think that using our vote is still just as important here as it is other games regardless of the added risk. It shows stances, gives info later on, and can still be changed at any time. Of course I understand the wariness of voting for Logic, but Sonata, 40, and I are still available.

As long as you and your buddies are not plotting to kill me, then I'm fine with it. :3c
Dec 29, 2016 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:
What did grapefruit say?
@Rosie
it was their first post? I mean it's impossible to read tone esp in early game but something in it set off my warning bells.

Dec 29, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
I still think that using our vote is still just as important here as it is other games regardless of the added risk. It shows stances, gives info later on, and can still be changed at any time. Of course I understand the wariness of voting for Logic, but Sonata, 40, and I are still available.

As long as you and your buddies are not plotting to kill me, then I'm fine with it. :3c
Hmm~ I'll think about it ^^

Dec 29, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
rosielovesanime said:
LucianRoy said:
What did grapefruit say?
@Rosie
it was their first post? I mean it's impossible to read tone esp in early game but something in it set off my warning bells.
Their first post was an RVS vote they've since removed, I don't see anything wrong with it

Dec 29, 2016 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
Kit said:
Their first post was an RVS vote they've since removed, I don't see anything wrong with it

Yeah that is what I read but no one else stuck out to me.

Dec 29, 2016 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
I'm catching up. Halfway through, but I've only posted once so I thought posting my reads so far would be nice.

Soren is asking a lot of questions, and is really analyzing other people's posts, pointing out stuff like grapefruit's familiarity with mafia terminology, and _0x40_'s post sounding like something a scum would say. So he's trying to figure out the game, I think he's town.
Grapefruit21 says he's being non committal because he has a null read on LucianRoy, but later he says LucianRoy is part of scum team, along with Mishu and a lurker. Keeps distrusting Lucian because he had plenty of opportunity to call him non committal, but waited until the wagon gained pressure. And is keeping an eye on Gruffin. The change of mind regarding LucianRoy seems weird, but maybe he just formed the read later, but it was rather fast, and explained it later. But he's distrusting people so maybe he's just a paranoid town. I'll leave this neutral.
Mishukax has been insisting all game about logic being scum, without a real reason. He also says he thinks Soren is scum. Later, when asked multiple times, doesn't explain his reasoning for voting logic, and says he doesn't have them. Logic's train doesn't seem good, and this vote that admits being for no reason at all seems really bad. Leaning scum, but I think it's too little to form a solid opinion.
Logic thinks Mishu is leaning town because he's making himself visible, something a mafia would try to avoid. And says he views Grapefruit's non committal comment in a different light, but doesn't really explain this. He has given his opinions on a lot of players, so he's really open about that stuff. Neutral.
Pentaflare votes Soren for no real reason, but later says he thinks he's town. So he votes Grapefruit because he isn't willing to explain his point of view, and asks him a couple of questions. Not really a lot of stuff, so it will stay neutral.
LucianRoy is getting a lot of good vibes, from _0x40_, Soren because of meta, and Penta because he likes where he's going with the grapefruit non-committal thing. Too many good vibes I would say. Then later says one of his posts about grapefruit was a joke. Jokes don't help with the game. Hasn't really done anything else. Looks bad, but I'm not really sure.
Sonata doesn't like lynching day 1, and repeats this multiple times, even though he admits he knows it's important for the game. Nothing else really.
Kit's posts are pure fluff tbh.

Some stuff here might change in the latter pages, but so far these are my reads.
Dec 29, 2016 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
Soren said:
More or less same as this question:
this is my sixth game I've been town in all previous games.

But not this one?
Dec 29, 2016 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
I'm catching up. Halfway through, but I've only posted once so I thought posting my reads so far would be nice.

Soren is asking a lot of questions, and is really analyzing other people's posts, pointing out stuff like grapefruit's familiarity with mafia terminology, and _0x40_'s post sounding like something a scum would say. So he's trying to figure out the game, I think he's town.
Grapefruit21 says he's being non committal because he has a null read on LucianRoy, but later he says LucianRoy is part of scum team, along with Mishu and a lurker. Keeps distrusting Lucian because he had plenty of opportunity to call him non committal, but waited until the wagon gained pressure. And is keeping an eye on Gruffin. The change of mind regarding LucianRoy seems weird, but maybe he just formed the read later, but it was rather fast, and explained it later. But he's distrusting people so maybe he's just a paranoid town. I'll leave this neutral.
Mishukax has been insisting all game about logic being scum, without a real reason. He also says he thinks Soren is scum. Later, when asked multiple times, doesn't explain his reasoning for voting logic, and says he doesn't have them. Logic's train doesn't seem good, and this vote that admits being for no reason at all seems really bad. Leaning scum, but I think it's too little to form a solid opinion.
Logic thinks Mishu is leaning town because he's making himself visible, something a mafia would try to avoid. And says he views Grapefruit's non committal comment in a different light, but doesn't really explain this. He has given his opinions on a lot of players, so he's really open about that stuff. Neutral.
Pentaflare votes Soren for no real reason, but later says he thinks he's town. So he votes Grapefruit because he isn't willing to explain his point of view, and asks him a couple of questions. Not really a lot of stuff, so it will stay neutral.
LucianRoy is getting a lot of good vibes, from _0x40_, Soren because of meta, and Penta because he likes where he's going with the grapefruit non-committal thing. Too many good vibes I would say. Then later says one of his posts about grapefruit was a joke. Jokes don't help with the game. Hasn't really done anything else. Looks bad, but I'm not really sure.
Sonata doesn't like lynching day 1, and repeats this multiple times, even though he admits he knows it's important for the game. Nothing else really.
Kit's posts are pure fluff tbh.

Some stuff here might change in the latter pages, but so far these are my reads.

>Jokes don't help with the game.

Lord_Sithis said:
Jokes don't help with the game.

;_;
Dec 29, 2016 9:55 PM

Aug 2013
Mishukax said:
The reasons to vote for logic will come later, when we'll have them.

Wait a second, what the actual fuck is this?

Vote: Mishu

Goddamnit I want my reasons now. NOW.
Dec 29, 2016 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
This was Atsuki no Yona: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530927

Soren and I did the exact same thing, but I think my list was wildly inaccurate and made-up. Here my list might still have some merit.

@Logic, you keep mentioning that you're attempting to change your meta, through extrapolation, I'm guessing you're referencing your town meta, (since you've only been town in all your previous games), but what is it you're trying to change exactly?
Dec 29, 2016 10:32 PM

Aug 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
@PentaFlare My 84 is me taking a stand.

I feel more strongly about my town read on you after your 91 and 93. 91 continues your efforts to game solve. And 93 moves onto a struggling target (if you ignore my 84), but is doing so with open eyes and asking questions. Assuming you missed my 84, because I'm not sure why you say I'm not taking a stand.

Actually, looking back, I kinda like grape's entrance. It's almost as if he was dipping his toes in the water, then decided to dive full in when pressured for reads. New player gaining confidence when berated by town wants to prove something to the town, so they clean up? It sounds believable to me.
Dec 29, 2016 10:42 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
I would say you feel different but that doesn't really tell me much about your alignment. If you read that as wont look closely at you then I don't know what to say. What it says is I don't know what to make of you as yet. I like what I am seeing about you asking questions and posting more than the last game but that isn't enough to say you are town or scum trying to look town.

Isn't there anything I've posted that's AI?
There has to be.
Dec 29, 2016 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
Wait a minute, my vote on Mishu was hot blooded. Let me retract that.

Unvote
Dec 29, 2016 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:
Mishukax said:
The reasons to vote for logic will come later, when we'll have them.

Wait a second, what the actual fuck is this?

Vote: Mishu

Goddamnit I want my reasons now. NOW.

Ok, I'm scum!Mishu. I want to gain town trust in the early game so I can start pocketing them one-by-one. I'm going to single out one player in RVS and say that I'm certain they're scum, and that reasons will come later for them being said scum. I'm going to then sit on that vote and return to the thread later. In doing so, I'm going to bring attention to myself, and appear like I'm parking my vote for bullshit reasons.

Doesn't add-up.
Dec 29, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
@40xx, what's your read on Soren? You two seem to get along just dandy.
Dec 29, 2016 11:09 PM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:
this is my sixth game I've been town in all previous games.

But not this one?
This question has been answered. What purpose does it serve right now?

LucianRoy said:
This was Atsuki no Yona: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530927

Soren and I did the exact same thing, but I think my list was wildly inaccurate and made-up. Here my list might still have some merit.

@Logic, you keep mentioning that you're attempting to change your meta, through extrapolation, I'm guessing you're referencing your town meta, (since you've only been town in all your previous games), but what is it you're trying to change exactly?
From what I understand Meta is the way you perceived by others based on habits in posting and the way you behave as a certain party. So what I am trying to change is my early town meta. I'm currently leading the lynch 1st time ever (I'd say it's working slightly). Basically before my first scum game I want to change the way people view me so I will be able to blend in better. You were in The Great Terror you saw why I am going to go about things in a different manner.

LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:
I would say you feel different but that doesn't really tell me much about your alignment. If you read that as wont look closely at you then I don't know what to say. What it says is I don't know what to make of you as yet. I like what I am seeing about you asking questions and posting more than the last game but that isn't enough to say you are town or scum trying to look town.

There has to be.
What does AI mean?

Dec 29, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2008
Rereading the thread.

Mishu's campaign against logic is so strange, but I have the feeling scum wouldn't have this sketchy plan because it would come back to bite them later.. so maybe town..? for now. Town with a sekkrit. I will leave that alone for tonight.

Ok, now for 0x40

Votes Mishu for coming in without a vote, which might as well be a second RVS vote from 40. He might as well have left the vote on logic for also not voting. Then says breaking an RVS chain pushes the scum agenda. While it's true coming in and fluff posting isn't particularly townie, how does breaking RVS contribute to scum agenda?

@_0x40_ Do you still think Mishu is scum? Your vote is still on him. Do you have any other scum reads?

The whole "meaningless comment" /mudslinging debate. Which makes almost half his comments that he posted here. From my POV he seems to completely miss the point soren and bursama are trying to make. 0x40 made a comment that implied he did not like a post grapefruit made, which implies that he wants other to think grapefruit is scum, no matter what 0x40 tries to explain away later, it's still something he did.

The second and third post in this spoiler are basically him saying "my own post about his comment being meaningless is meaningless" because it didn't tell him anything about grapefruit's alignment. Then why post it? Does it help with the game at all? Might as well be fluff.

The 4th and 5th post sound like he's being purposely obtuse. Doesn't understand what bursama is criticizing him about and over explains himself again.

This post also sounded obtuse. You're so confused you had to ask three times? And you never followed up on this question. So what do you think of Logic's read on Gruffin here that you responded to?

I have no idea what 40 is talking about here, because as far as I know, "mafioso" means "member of the mafia team," but if it means something else please enlighten me. Since we are playing mafia, of course there are mafioso.
--------------------------

There has not been much pressure on 0x40 in general, which I find strange because he was moderately active for a fairly long amount of time, but made no posts of substance

Anyway,

Vote: _0x40_
to summarize: Takes small things and tries to make them look worse then they are then denies it, does not contribute to scum hunting, does not show interest in other people's reads even after questioning them (which he only did once), acts like he doesn't understand why he is scummy.

Dec 29, 2016 11:11 PM

Jan 2008
oh my god it's 2am that post took me so long to make,,

anyway followup questions

@LucianRoy are you still feeling town vibes from 0x40 like you were early on?

@Bursama why haven't you voted for anyone yet, not even an RVS? Do you still suspect Grapefruit?

Dec 29, 2016 11:13 PM

Dec 2016
Rounding out my @LucianRoy with the rest of his quotes that I had previously dismissed as fluff.

17 Checks in makes a joke that we continue and RVS's me.

21 Says hi to Soren and opens with Banter and a softball question.

27 Offers his scum!team but it's banter it's D1 page one he doesn't have 3 scum reads. Or he would have asked questions rather than putting his three reads on alert.

33 Setup taken joke followed through. Still fluffy

51 +1's Soren's post saying he likes Lucian's early scum!team. First sign of really trying to buddy Soren which is a pattern that continues. It's been explained to me it's meta but with nothing to read I'm just going by this game and it feels like buddying.

85 Asks Logic a few questions, but I put them down as fluff because they refered back to the scum!team post. I see now it was trying to get other's feel on Soren but Soren already had a strong town feel as I'd outlined in my 84, doesn't feel like genuine Scum hunting but I might be blinded by my strong Soren read. Which Lucian responds to in 87 saying it's a null read and he needs to investigate. That said never really gets back into his Soren analysis so he must have been happy with it or seen something that changed his mind and kept it to himself.

89 Reiterates his 87 need to figure out soren, but adds nothing else and he'd just said that. Fluff!

96 Again about Soren just saying he can't read him, but adding nothing.

97 Calls out bad logic, but doesn't go anywhere with it. Doesn't try to make a point or help figure out what's going on. Appears helpful, but not helpful.

100 is so fluffy I'm not even going to link it. Just a joke about the pace.

106 Answering a question but nothing is happening there.

110 Explains his x40 town lean. Basically says it's a gut read and there isn't much to it.

114 and 115 belong together. Asks me to put my vote where my talking is telling me to commit to something, and then double posts saying he likes Penta for saying I'm uncommitted. Several people had already remarked on my "non-committal" post and I had since made two posts stating my reads in no uncertain terms. Gruffin and Penta had both reffered to it since and it still says trying to fast start a wagon. Which isn't alignment indicative but this section is fishy.

127 Saying his question was only partially serious. I don't know what to make of the part referring to me. I do like asking for my opinion on logic which I missed in my furor to scum read Lucian so here it is. I have a town lean on @logic340, but don't want to talk about it right now.

191 responds to my initial accusations by repeating himself from 114 and 115. Nothing new here.

195 More jokes but a new target.

201 +1's a post by the towniest poster in the thread saying it helps convince him that he's town?!? Red flags here.

207 And now my read is all over the place because this comes across very towny. Explaining why he's dropping his push on me, trying to look at it from my pov, and pointing to the most interesting convo going on in the pressure on Gruffin. I think the implication that I'm OMGUSing is a bit dismissive given the support I've put to my posts, but then again I could be tunneling. Opportunistic timing, though hopping from one wagon now that it's cooling down and watching the debate over the next hottest wagon. Wants to make sure we know his eye is on the scum hunting even if he isn't helping in this convo. Talks more about needing to figure out Soren but is still agreeing with everything he says.

213 defending himself by saying the push is vauge, and deflects asking for reads on the hot topic. Gathering info is towny, deflecting isn't.

218 I guess you're reading me as town here, mostly seems like trying to guide the other new player to get info out of her (@rosie if you're not a her let me know).

221 Jokes!
232 jokes.
233 More jokes... So umm yeah there is some fluff.

234 Brings up Mishu's scummy post from earlier. The quoted post is why Mishu was my other named scum read back in 84 btw. Thought I'd said that but I couldn't find a post. Anyway this is not the first time this post has been brought up. But Mishu does need to get back on that.

So there is a lot of fluff in there, but more content than I gave credit to in my first read through. My vote isn't moving yet, but I'm less confident than I was earlier. I understand the value in not showing your work and keeping scumspects guessing but this is a too extreme version for my tastes. Every read Lucian has offered has been brought up by someone else and I don't like his lack of conviction on having to read Soren. It's promised but we don't see it anywhere. That combined with the lack of original reads is something I don't like. So let's ask some questions:
Lucian how are you feeling about Soren?
Lucian how about you give us a t/s list? Or at least a few solid reads.

Posting without preview as it keeps giving me a bad gateway error sorry if there are broken links.
Dec 29, 2016 11:27 PM

Dec 2016
Ohh lord that post took so long that the thread has blown up.

I'm going to have to admit I might have been tunneling as Lucian is looking more and more townie to me. Not enough to make me forget some of my earlier doubts but enough that I'm done compiling the case for a while.

And I'll take a look at the game you posted thanks, for following through, I may have been too impatient...

@logic340 AI in that context would be Alignment Indicative. Also I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on Gruffin and Mishu. I know there isn't much on Mishu but just a general feel do you believe it was a serious vote?
Dec 29, 2016 11:52 PM

Jan 2010
Grapefruit21 said:
Ohh lord that post took so long that the thread has blown up.

I'm going to have to admit I might have been tunneling as Lucian is looking more and more townie to me. Not enough to make me forget some of my earlier doubts but enough that I'm done compiling the case for a while.

And I'll take a look at the game you posted thanks, for following through, I may have been too impatient...

@logic340 AI in that context would be Alignment Indicative. Also I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on Gruffin and Mishu. I know there isn't much on Mishu but just a general feel do you believe it was a serious vote?
Gruffin - I always find her hard to read but I am not liking the way she hasn't really questioned Soren's read on her. Only for an explanation of the town read on me which I think explained what is going on perfectly (PoV).

Mishu could be reverse psychology (do what they wouldn't expect) as scum or they actually have/had a plan as town. I am hoping for the latter but I cannot rule out the former at this point. Serious in that they actually think I am scum? How could they at that point? Serious in they believe something will come from it? Yeah I hope it does as I think it will help me as well.

Dec 29, 2016 11:58 PM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:

There has to be.
Nah, not really is there some kind of cryptic post that I have missed out on? I'm already wary of you based on how I easily town ready you (even wanted you to be town). I will say you seem to be in the spotlight and not really playing it safe which I find to be very town like things.

Dec 30, 2016 12:09 AM

Dec 2016
@Kit I like your case a fair bit because he does get obtuse when answering questions about mudslinging. That said I can't shake my soft town lean yet because telling me to post better when my posts were objectively weak but not moving a vote because of it feels town. But I will be paying more attention now.
Dec 30, 2016 12:09 AM

Jan 2010
Quick read list then off to bed.
Town - Logic
Leaning Town - Soren, Kit, and Mishu
Neutral - LucianRoy, Grapefruit21, PentaFlare
Not enough information (around 5 posts or less) - Phraze, aa-dono, bursama, Lord_Sithis, rosielovesanime, and sonata
Leaning scum - Griffin and 0x40

Kit and Soren looking like they are focusing on behavior going beyond what is said and thinking about the why. Mishu just don't think scum is that bold we but we shall see. Lucian and Grapefruit are two players I need to look closer at. Lucian feels like he isn't playing it safe which isn't necessarily a tell but I can't say he's been truly scummy. Grapefruit has handled the pressure from their train well I'm not seeing flustered scum. Penta and I had a rough start (previous game) I am hoping to get a better read on them. That being said I am currently neutral though if I had to choose i would say probably town Not enough info speaks for itself we need more from those players if we are going to make proper reads. Gruffin seems like she was forcing the read on me. It hasn't really bore fruit and the vote is still there. @Gruffin how do you feel about Soren's case against you? _0x40_ looks pretty bad on the surface I will try to delve into motive in the morning.

edit: added Penta
logic340Dec 30, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 30, 2016 12:21 AM

Oct 2014
Gruffin said:
@Soren
In my last two town games, I posted whenever, whatever, and didn’t think everything through as much as I would have liked. So now I’ve (hopefully) changed for the better to bring higher quality posts to the game at the expense of a little townie genuity. Yes, I’m carefully planning everything out like in my first game, but does it come from a scummy mindset or a townie mindset?

Though I have to ask why you are scumreading me because we have differing views. Why not convince me I’m wrong if you think Logic is town?
Soren said:
the only one with a real reason for voting logic right now is gruffin
I thought you said I was being opportunistic?

What prompted you to change your behaviour this game in particular?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.