Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2015 2:00 PM
May 2015
So I just finished season 1 and 2 of the Kingdom anime and I was just wondering how I should approach the manga.

Should I read it from the start or skip to where season 2 left off?

Also what chapter would be the equivalent of where the anime left off?
Feb 11, 2016 12:45 AM
Sep 2011
luffy1996 said:
So I just finished season 1 and 2 of the Kingdom anime and I was just wondering how I should approach the manga.

I'm yet to watch both seasons. My buddy recommended this series to me (he watched anime) and I decided instead to read the source material. I just stopped at chapter 261 and my buddy said that it's pretty much where the second season ends. So you have to start reading from chapter 262.

As I still haven't watched the animated series, I don't know if it's good or bad. Manga is incredible. It really grips and actually got me interested in history of warring states, I even started reading Shi Ji. As far as I know from my buddy (I messaged him frequently while reading) - there's at least one arc skipped entirely (assassination plot; ch 82-96) in the first season and arc of the Sei / Zheng's past moved from it's position in manga further ahead to the second season (in manga it was told right after Xin first campaign).

Aaand now I looked into your profile after writing all that stuff above and saw that you've already read past me. GG. Gonna leave it as it is anyways, maybe someone who wants to read after S2 would find it useful.
Apr 26, 2016 3:40 PM
May 2013
Kanaev said:
luffy1996 said:

I'm yet to watch both seasons. My buddy recommended this series to me (he watched anime) and I decided instead to read the source material. I just stopped at chapter 261 and my buddy said that it's pretty much where the second season ends. So you have to start reading from chapter 262.

As I still haven't watched the animated series, I don't know if it's good or bad. Manga is incredible. It really grips and actually got me interested in history of warring states, I even started reading Shi Ji. As far as I know from my buddy (I messaged him frequently while reading) - there's at least one arc skipped entirely (assassination plot; ch 82-96) in the first season and arc of the Sei / Zheng's past moved from it's position in manga further ahead to the second season (in manga it was told right after Xin first campaign).

Aaand now I looked into your profile after writing all that stuff above and saw that you've already read past me. GG. Gonna leave it as it is anyways, maybe someone who wants to read after S2 would find it useful.

So I'm guessing it's probably good to just read the manga from the beginning? I've finished both anime seasons, and while I'm really interested in the story, the animation is kind of lackluster most of the time lol.
Apr 28, 2016 10:13 PM
Sep 2011
tennisbunnyrox said:
Kanaev said:

So I'm guessing it's probably good to just read the manga from the beginning? I've finished both anime seasons, and while I'm really interested in the story, the animation is kind of lackluster most of the time lol.

I don't think it's necessary to read everything from the beginning. You can just start where anime ended and read further on no problem. You did skipped one arc which was semi-important to relationship between Kyo Kai and Xin, but I'm sure they addressed it in the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 22, 2013

43 by ProGoddess »»
May 18, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 32 Discussion

AlexTheRiot - Jan 12, 2014

38 by LewisHarrison »»
Apr 26, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.