Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 129 130 [131] 132 133 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
Schwarzitgiest said:
Crowlage said:
Oh this might be fun. Here's a referenced drawing of Cirno from Touhou.

Image is broken.

I can see it, it's just a big file

Good job btw
Aug 30, 2014 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
It says it doesn't exist or no longer available for me...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 11:04 PM

May 2014
Aug 30, 2014 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Schwarzitgiest said:
It says it doesn't exist or no longer available for me...

I'm not sure then, poster will just have to re-upload I guess lol
Aug 30, 2014 11:11 PM
Oct 2012
Kanashimi said:
[quote=running_lemon said:[/b]Sorry if it seemed like it, but I wasn't calling you naive or anything, and I like taking everything to thought. ^_^
No, I wasn't assuming you were---I'm just saying generally my thought process and my opinion is, sorry for that mix-up, wasn't trying to blame you. And it's good you're so opened-minded~ *Huggles*

Seif, I really like it. I love how the shading, you could say, is so messy and not solid.

Sketched this today because I didn't feel like doing work in math. She was going to be holding a gun, but since I had time and no reference, I scratched the idea (might add some energy bow or something of the sort).

I still need to learn how to ink some of this crap... ><;;

I like the chest area >.>
Aug 31, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2012
Here is my latest O_O

It happens to be kuroken if you can't tell

Sorry for random post but I'm just bored, so I figured..

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Aug 31, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
mshehana said:
Here is my latest O_O

I really enjoy this style of art. Why is there only shading on the right side though? Is it unfinished or was that just the look you wanted? Either way it's a great job.
Aug 31, 2014 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
shintougenesis said:
mshehana said:
Here is my latest O_O

I really enjoy this style of art. Why is there only shading on the right side though? Is it unfinished or was that just the look you wanted? Either way it's a great job.

Well yeah, it's unfinished. I thought it meant the latest work, unfinished or not. My apologies but honestly I mostly never finish anything.

and thank you! Do you meanlyou like the line art/flat color or the right side? I just started coloring like so recently so thanks. :3

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Aug 31, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2014
mshehana said:

Well yeah, it's unfinished. I thought it meant the latest work, unfinished or not. My apologies but honestly I mostly never finish anything.

and thank you! Do you meanlyou like the line art/flat color or the right side? I just started coloring like so recently so thanks. :3
No need to apologize, it's awesome. I dig the whole style honestly, but I guess I prefer the shaded one a bit more.
Aug 31, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
Here's a shoujo ai fanart of Watamote I did a couple of months ago xD

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/manga/941434.html
Aug 31, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
Check out my art, follow me if you like :) Thank you :)
http://instagram.com/ricabox
Aug 31, 2014 7:06 PM

Mar 2009
Original Pokemon OC with a Jolteon. Still a WIP but lines are done. Painting in far back buildings (no lines shown here), sky, and maybe river later.

Aug 31, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2012
N from Pokemon. I've been drawing more recently.
Aug 31, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2011
I come here to be depressed at my inability to draw anything...

Keep up the good work guys
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
u were that homie in the thong werent u
Aug 31, 2014 10:05 PM
Oct 2013
ドラフト///
Sep 1, 2014 11:48 PM

Jun 2012
Inked and colored Naruto [X]

More art by meezzz [X]
I draw stuffzzz 》》Deviantart《《

Sep 2, 2014 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
Tundrea28 said:
Here are two drawings I have done recently (please ignore my inability to anatomy):
You mean the elbow of the first one? That actually could've been an easy fix.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
My latest Soul Eater fanart.
Dedicated to the girl who apparently thinks Soul Eater is so violent that she needed her house burned down.

Sep 7, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2014
Nanet said:
My latest Soul Eater fanart.
Dedicated to the girl who apparently thinks Soul Eater is so violent that she needed her house burned down.

That looks great :D Nicely done
[/quote]
[quote=billyboyforever]How dare you make your "about me" so amazing?! Are you insane?!!
Sep 8, 2014 2:44 AM
Jul 2018

...Head size/placement feels off
Sep 8, 2014 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
Weakamon said:

It looks fine but the left eye (or his right eye) looks like it should be closer or more centered with the other eye. His right foot too seems off. Otherwise the proportions are great!

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Sep 8, 2014 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
Something I just finished today hope you all like.

Sep 8, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
nemesiszero said:
Something I just finished today hope you all like.

OMG! Does that poor girl have a chain hooked up to her neck? :'(

Her ear looks a bit weird O_o and I think she might have a small case of bird flu!?

Hasn't this poor kawaii girl suffered enough!?

It's really beautifully painted tho... her hips might be a bit out of whack, but besides that GJ!
Space_CobraSep 8, 2014 8:46 AM
"Vivi, wait here and knit or something until we get back, okay?" - Cobra
Sep 8, 2014 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
Weakamon said:

Awhhh man I love this
Sep 8, 2014 10:57 PM

Jul 2013
Sep 9, 2014 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
mshehana said:

It looks fine but the left eye (or his right eye) looks like it should be closer or more centered with the other eye. His right foot too seems off. Otherwise the proportions are great!

Thanks for the tip! The eyes should be an easy fix. Aaah the more I examine it, the weirder it looks in my mind.
TBKScoot said:

Awhhh man I love this

Why thanks.
Sep 12, 2014 3:06 AM
Sep 2014
Click to display picture

copy from this
cheddar405Sep 12, 2014 3:24 AM
Sep 12, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2012
Looks pretty good for a copy I guess.
Sep 12, 2014 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
very good effort . Keep it up :D
Sep 12, 2014 7:15 AM

Sep 2013
You have a very similar style to my friend haha. That's sick.
Sep 12, 2014 7:23 AM
Sep 2014
TBKScoot said:
You have a very similar style to my friend haha. That's sick.
this style is cute I think~~~~(>_<)~~~~
cheddar405Sep 12, 2014 7:30 AM
Sep 12, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2014
Pretty decent for a copy ;)
Sep 12, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
Nothing looks too off in the drawing so that's good! Maybe you could practice on your shading a little because it looks kind of messy in some areas, but then again, it does give your work a certain uniqueness at the same time. Nevertheless, it's good. :D
Sep 12, 2014 8:01 AM
Sep 2014
Bambi_ said:
Nothing looks too off in the drawing so that's good! Maybe you could practice on your shading a little because it looks kind of messy in some areas, but then again, it does give your work a certain uniqueness at the same time. Nevertheless, it's good. :D

well this job leaves a lot to be desired,i will try to make it better.thanksΣ( ° △ °|||)︴
Sep 12, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
Weakamon said:

TBKScoot said:

Awhhh man I love this

Why thanks.

What program do you use?
Sep 13, 2014 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
TBKScoot said:
What program do you use?

I use FireAlpaca and Photoshop.
Sep 13, 2014 7:05 AM

Nov 2007
Chiyo Sakura sketch

Sep 13, 2014 3:14 PM

May 2010
Great job everyone! Here are some fan-art doodles i've done recently.

Check out my tumblr (~‾⌣‾)~
Sep 13, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2013

A sketch I just did when pen pressure was down :P
Experimented with styles and colouring I guess-
Sep 13, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2013
Also

It's the picture I used for my forum avatar thing-
Sep 14, 2014 9:50 PM
Sep 2013
Here's wondering, would be really helpful if someone could answer this.

To those who can freely draw figures/poses in dynamic positions - how did you learn/ practice it?
Did you simply copy pase a lot of anime/manga, or you actually learned anatomy and all that.
Sep 14, 2014 11:04 PM
Mar 2013
caperock said:

To those who can freely draw figures/poses in dynamic positions - how did you learn/ practice it?
Did you simply copy pase a lot of anime/manga, or you actually learned anatomy and all that.

Learning anatomy and understanding possible movements (i.e. watching action movies, anime, comics, manga, etc.) , definitely. Although I am also quite bad at dynamic poses and positioning as well, here is a site that you can use as reference! http://www.posemaniacs.com/
Sep 15, 2014 2:08 AM
Sep 2013
5Wishes said:
caperock said:

Learning anatomy and understanding possible movements (i.e. watching action movies, anime, comics, manga, etc.) , definitely. Although I am also quite bad at dynamic poses and positioning as well, here is a site that you can use as reference! http://www.posemaniacs.com/
I used same exact page for some time (30 second poses) but I didn't seem to improve at all.
And I'm quite familiar with anatomy too.
Sep 15, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2009
You need to do both quick gestures and long studies. Gestures keep your hands moving freely, while long figure studies (as in taking as long as you need to draw AND shade a figure) allow you to learn anatomy more closely. You may want to refer to books as well; those helped me TREMENDOUSLY, as anatomy's quite technical. I rather like Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy, since it gives plenty of visual examples and is very exact about how many heads' length each part of the body is. I don't memorize all of his measurements, but the book was really great for those trying to get into figure drawing.

Also, don't copy manga/anime as a learning tool. It doesn't teach you much of anything. Sometimes I look at it to see how a figure animates, but I prefer real figures in that case. Manga/anime is just too simplified so a lot of features of the figure are gone.
Sep 15, 2014 12:36 PM
Sep 2013
Yeah. I've bought a couple of Anatomy books (supposedly the ones which are made for artists), and I studied anatomy on my own for really long time (without doing any gesture drawing).
At this point, I know all the proportions, all the muscles, lateral, posterior, interior (front, back, side), and I can draw pretty decently detailed and realistic drawings of human figure (again, front, back and side), however, I just can't do any ( absolutely none ) dynamic poses - walking, sitting, in angle, 3/4 view.
It's really frustrating.

People keep saying - keep doing 30 second gesture drawings, but I just don't see the point of them, they look beyond horrible.
Like - I can draw face realistically (front), but if I tilt it, move it left or right slightly, it looks unproportional and wrong. Same with everything else.
Sep 15, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
Are you referencing dynamic poses? Or are you taking references from stiff, face-on figures? If you have a picture of someone actually walking, shouldn't you be drawing it properly? Or are you trying to draw from memory/without reference? It does make a huge difference. You should be able to draw anything if you have the right references. Studying a bit of animation helps too. Have you tried taking pictures of yourself at different angles (e.g. you sitting facing the camera, then 3/4, side, then back) and trying to draw each one? You really start understanding foreshortening and perspective when you do a bit of animation.

Gesture drawings aren't about the final product, but trying to get a sense of movement of a dynamic model. It's not so much about anatomy but realizing how the body twists and how to convey a sense of movement. It helps make your figures in your "actual" drawings less stiff because you remember how a figure contorts and captures a pose in movement (if your model isn't stiff, that is). Try 60-second drawings if 30 seconds is too little for you. I use quickposes.com instead of posemaniacs, because I think I recall trying the latter and the models just threw me off as opposed to using real photography.

Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gesture-drawing-tool-268236734

Grabbed this off dA, but these are the types of poses you should be drawing to get used to dynamic anatomy. The anatomy and details are not perfect, but the woman feels like she's really moving. That's what you want to translate into when you do an "actual" drawing: a free figure that can contort in all sorts of ways to push movement into your compositions. Gesture drawing's great for warm-ups and practice. If you have charcoal and big newsprint paper, that's a fantastic combination for these warm-ups; with charcoal you have a huge range of lines to work with, from narrow to wide and rough. Charcoal helps vary your lines to emphasize movement and importance to certain parts of your gesture drawing.
sentiariiSep 15, 2014 2:57 PM
Sep 15, 2014 10:11 PM
Sep 2013
Thank you for the information.
So, if you were to start all over from the beginning, (without knowing anything - how to draw) would start practicing with gesture drawing (30-60 second poses) and do long studies of a single pose ( drawing from reference as realistic as possible )?
How much time should I perfectly spend on these things daily?
Sep 16, 2014 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
Self-portrait of Sabylas and me. He does not approve.
Sep 16, 2014 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
quickie

Sep 16, 2014 4:38 AM

Mar 2009
caperock said:
Thank you for the information.
So, if you were to start all over from the beginning, (without knowing anything - how to draw) would start practicing with gesture drawing (30-60 second poses) and do long studies of a single pose ( drawing from reference as realistic as possible )?
How much time should I perfectly spend on these things daily?

When I took a figure drawing class, it was about 2.5 hours long each session. We usually did about 10-20 minutes of gesture work to start (ranging anywhere from ten to sixty seconds each drawing, so at least 10 gesture drawings each session), and the remaining time was allocated to one or two long studies. If you have that much time each day, I'd do that much. Otherwise, just do gestures when you don't.

Also, lighting is key. If you have a reference with shitty lighting, you can't study the figure well. Try to stick to nudes too, if you want to study movement of the body.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 129 130 [131] 132 133 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My Realism Oil Painting #NSFW

salsalsalsal - Aug 17

3 by Stavrogin_ »»
26 minutes ago

» This my Drawing

Kirika_Madeleine - Aug 24

2 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» favorite movies

O_Peres - Sep 20

3 by Little_Sheepling »»
Yesterday, 10:45 AM

» favorite TV series/shows

O_Peres - Sep 20

0 by O_Peres »»
Sep 20, 7:34 PM

» favorite mangas/in manga style

O_Peres - Sep 20

0 by O_Peres »»
Sep 20, 7:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.