Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2012 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
Just recommend a game or two. There isn't much to it.

I'd have to recommend either of the Summon Night: Swordcraft Story games for GameBoy Advance. It's an action-ish role playing game where you gather materials from a dungeon somewhere [smashing crates and barrels, defeating enemies, opening chests, etc.] to forge your own equipment as a sword, axe, spear, drill, fist, or... I think there was another type. The battles are sidescroller, where you move, jump, attack, block, use spell, etc. in real-time battle. It's definitely a few of my favorites. Both of them are.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 3, 2012 9:10 AM

Feb 2012
nice will play that soon sounds like my kind of game.

I would have to recommend the Hyperdimension Neptunia games for PS3.It's a Jrpg about a war between the game consoles Playstation (Lastation),Xbox(Leanbox),Nintendo(Lowee),and Sega(Planeptune).It is very entertaining and funny almost all the time and u play as the sega goddess she is a complete air head by the way.Gameplay is like any Jrpg turn based and can attack until u run out of AP,the second game is a little different while it's still turn based u can run around to hit the enemy at any angle or perspective,very enjoyable games one of my favorites so far in the Jrpg genre.

Konata x Kagami Forever!!!
Jun 3, 2012 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Sounds... interesting to say the least. I would look closer into it, but I REALLY hate my ps3. It's rare a game makes me pick it up again.

I'm just going to recommend an obvious one here that not enough people play. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It's the only game for the Wii I enjoyed as that system rather than wishing they would stop sucking and release it for Xbox 360 or PC. It's a puzzle-ish game like Zelda that's all futuristic, interesting, and a first-person shooter. It can get really difficult in certain points, but nothing to tear your hair out for. That game was so amazing I played it three times at once (not in one sitting, just one play-through after the other).

On that topic, I'd recommend every Metroid game. Of course, I didn't like Other M.
Jul 6, 2012 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
Dark Souls- for Xbox 360,PS3, and PC-
action role-playing game

DaichiYosugaJul 10, 2012 8:56 PM
Jul 10, 2012 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
Ok. That game sounds amazing and all (Dark Souls), but what kind of game is it? Action? RPG? Both? Etc. I might actually go out of my way to try that one, as that's on a system I'll play. I only might pick my ps3 up again if I get the persona games, or if I have a blu-ray movie that needs watching.

I recommend a game by the name of an obvious choice, any of the Dead Space games. It is a third person shooter, at least in the first two, I've heard that the third will be a first person shooter, but anyways, you are practically trapped in some area with necromorphs, which appear to be zombified mutations. The necromorphs often manage to jump believably out of almost anywhere, and even the plot is interesting and creepy, but I don't feel like explaining that right now. Very recommended, whether you like horror or not.
Jul 10, 2012 11:34 AM

Dec 2011
I guess the first game I always recommend to people is my favourite game, Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube/PS2. It one of the first RPGs that really got me hooked on the genre, and in my opinion the best. I dunno if anyone here has played/heard of it but I'd really recommend it if you can get your hands on it.
Jul 10, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Dark souls is an Action, RPG, 3rd person view, Online 1-4 player game. Three people can help you with the bosses-(including your self) or 2v2 PVP.
Heres a video-This is after the tutorial

And I agree dead space is a great game and i'm planing to get dead space 3 but i'm kind of disappointed that they are recycling the story line. What I mean by that is that in the first one he's looking for his girlfriend......the next part will spoil the game if you have not played the 1st or 2nd dead space.
Jul 11, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
I've heard about the co-op, and that idea was genius, and should've been done earlier. I never played the first for reasons not even I can understand, but I loved the second one so much, which sadly was only borrowed from a friend, so I've only beaten it once.

Playing Dead Space 2 definitely gave me every spoiler from the first one, but at least it made the second story seem that much deeper.

I might have Tales of Symphonia somewhere, don't know why I've never played it.

Now for my recommendation. It's actually two games, but they are similar.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
By far my favorite Castlevania game. In this you can use different weapons rather than just whips, level up, and get several different endings.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Very similar to SotN in which you have different weapons (including a handgun and laser blaster), leveling, and several endings. In this, you actually equip monster souls that you get randomly from monsters you defeat to increase stats and use magic abilities.
Jul 11, 2012 8:00 AM

Jul 2012
What system do you play it on?
Jul 11, 2012 1:04 PM

Nov 2011
Play what on?

Castlevania: SotN is for psx, Castlevania: AoS is for gba. There was a remake of AoS for nds, which I don't know the name of.
Jul 11, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2012
Ok, i wanted to know if i had the sytem to play it but it appears not
Jul 11, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
i have Castlevania SotN on ps3 and Tales of Symphonia is amazing!!

Jul 12, 2012 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
Apparently, there's an OVA of Tales of Symphonia. I found it by accident. You know about that?

Quick recommendation, also for psx. Very obvious here, Final Fantasy VII. Need I say more?
Jul 12, 2012 9:09 PM

Feb 2012
nice recommendation

if its final fantasy i would recommend Final Fantasy IX for psx its my fav FF from psx

Jul 13, 2012 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
FFIX? That's one of two FF games I haven't played. I've played I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XII, and XIII. Not XI or IX.

It's really, really, really weird typing in roman numerals in a list like that.
Jul 13, 2012 1:59 PM

Feb 2012
i've never played FFXI but FFIX is amazing in my opinion

Jul 13, 2012 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
Off topic comment on your signature Kona-chan, I was scrolling down, and for a second I thought your signature said Kagami x Konata x Kagami Forever!!! Took me a while to figure that one out lol.

Now on topic. I shall recommend... take a guess on this one: PERSONA 3 PORTABLE!!!

Big surprise that was bound to happen eventually. Plus, Aegis is the best robot in the history of robots, just ahead of CL4P-TP from Borderlands.

I'm too lazy to explain anything right now, so I'll leave it at this: It's an rpg, as well as... a sort of slice of life style. I suppose you could also say it's part dating sim, but it doesn't have any real focus on it, it's just there being awesome with the rest of the game.
Aug 11, 2012 7:08 PM
Jul 2012
Okay, if you ask me to recommend a game I have to start with my favorite: Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. It's actually the first game that got me into RPGs, if you're familiar with the Tales of series, then this is like a mix of everything.

I find the visuals appealing, not exactly stunning but nice to look at. I also love the setting and the story. There's also so many unlockables. The only problem I have with this is the transition of the story. I mean, who would take a quest that says (STORY) right next to it?

Another game I have to recommend is Chaos Rings. It's a fairly simple battle system and dungeons. The only complication would be the story, if you play it, you'll understand what I mean.
Aug 11, 2012 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
Otaku_Machine said:
Okay, if you ask me to recommend a game I have to start with my favorite: Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. It's actually the first game that got me into RPGs, if you're familiar with the Tales of series, then this is like a mix of everything.

I find the visuals appealing, not exactly stunning but nice to look at. I also love the setting and the story. There's also so many unlockables. The only problem I have with this is the transition of the story. I mean, who would take a quest that says (STORY) right next to it?

Another game I have to recommend is Chaos Rings. It's a fairly simple battle system and dungeons. The only complication would be the story, if you play it, you'll understand what I mean.

What systems are they for?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Your Game List

Kona-chan22 - Jul 5, 2012

3 by Otaku_Machine »»
Aug 11, 2012 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.