Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2009 3:00 AM

Nov 2008
Since this is a site mostly for manga/anime (though I'm a much bigger manga addict) I thought it would be nice to put all the things we have found about Buck-Tick in one place ^^

Well, they aren't very famous, but they do make a great influence on people, mangakas included:D Some time ago I got really interested in searching for anything Buck-Tick related through manga volumes. This is what I have xD

- Kaori Yuki is probably the biggest fan of B-T that I know among mangakas, in "Angel Sanctuary" Lucifer was based on Acchan (and another character, but I won't spoil xD), and the whole "Die" one-shot is ALL about Acchan! ^^ with Imai-san on the cover:D ( http://myanimelist.net/manga/4743/Die )

- Then Tomoko Hayakawa has mentioned about Buck-Tick few times in her work "Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge" (or "The Wallflower"). She wrote on the side notes how she went to one of their shows and was amazed what a wonderful band they are xD Also, this was done as a joke, but still, I bet you also can see the similarity:DD

- Now, there are quite some of yaoi mangas, which sadly I don't read, but if you do and are not afraid of tragedy, then check on Minami Ozaki's "Bronze", the main hero is also based on Acchan (or so was I told =D)

And I have some pictures on this topic (which I stole from a Brazilian site, sorry! TT.TT)

- Not too sure where this one is from (is someone can recognize this, please tell! =DD) But we all can see who they are xD

- And as a joke, I was reading manga Cosmos Chocolate (yes, Buck-Tick has a single Cosmos, which has a song Chocolate in it as well:DD) and well, this was just too funny so I noted in red the similaritys with Atsushi and played a little with my Windows Paint xDD This girl is originaly blonde

I hope you won't mind me with this topic, but I'd really like to hear if someone has a habit of noting Buck-Tick or something similar to them in manga/anime as well =D
I've been buck-ticked.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 3, 2009 1:34 PM

Jun 2008
Oh wowowow this is so interesting!! I only knew about Kaori Yuki one *adds Die to plan-to-read*.

Aww i didn't read Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (only watched it), but i would so notice it XD i love that style of Atsushi-san, that hat was just made for him <3

I heard some rumours about Bronze, and that the character was based on Atsushi-san without Atsushi-san's knowledge about it, and there was some issue regarding that O_o But the similarities are seriously almost shocking. (i don't read yaoi either)

Hahahah when i saw Cosmos Chocolate on one of my friend's list, i immediately thought of Buck-Tick, but the synopsis didn't really interest me enough. Omg so true about the eyes XD It almost makes me feel uncomfortable whenever they zoom in on Atsushi-san's eyes o.o; *points at her own avatar* yep XD
Wait, were there rumors about Atsushi-san beating up his juniors? XDDD

Apr 3, 2009 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
Takai said:
It almost makes me feel uncomfortable whenever they zoom in on Atsushi-san's eyes o.o; *points at her own avatar* yep XD

And you still zoom him quite well..:DDD when he smiles and has that look on his way, it really is scary xDD I don't know much about their history, only the things they said themselves, but Atsushi did mention that before he got to know all B-T-ers, he was in a gang and was kind of stray.. xD Later that gang was all taken by police for some reason, but he was absent so was saved, would always sit alone in a class and I think that U-ta went to talk with him and later invited to visit Imai's place xD He said that if it's not for B-T, he would have ended as a potential criminal probably.. xD

Some pages from Kaori Yuki (I hope I won't spoil anyone too much ^^")

I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 3, 2009 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
hellennna said:
Takai said:
It almost makes me feel uncomfortable whenever they zoom in on Atsushi-san's eyes o.o; *points at her own avatar* yep XD

And you still zoom him quite well..:DDD
I said it makes me feel uncomfortable, i never said i didn't like it :P i love his eyes *_*
Haha, when he smiles it -is- kinda scary @_@ but still i love it XD

Oh wow, i didn't know that O_o well i don't really know much anyway about their history, i'm kinda still relatively new ^^;; But i'm glad that Atsushi-san was 'found' by the other B-T members :3

That first picture is almost scary, she really is a huge fan huh O_o
Apr 3, 2009 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
Okay, i was watching this old video a few days ago.

(God i love him <333 0:47!! <3)

I couldn't help but be reminded of the twin brothers from the Korean manga The One. It's something about his hair and eyes, and the way he acted generally.
Especially Angus:

both brothers:

(on the black and white one, he reminds me more of Eros)

I couldn't shake off this feeling, so thought i should share XD
Apr 4, 2009 1:26 AM

Jun 2008
(zomg triple-post because i can)

I just finished reading Die (while listening to Die lol), it was very strange but somehow beautiful o_O Omg, the first page (with several random sketches)!! Looks just like Atsushi-san back when he had long hair!
Apr 4, 2009 2:04 AM

Nov 2008
hahaha oh my but that pic is definitely Acchan!!!! I remember putting this manga off because I'm not really fond of this kind of shoujo, but I MUST read it after seeing your pics xDDD and the name! Eros! it IS Acchan! xDD

Then I finished that Die story, I was sitting still for a while thinking "did I just saw an Atsushi x Atsushi pairing...?" xDDDD I guess this doujinshi was inspired by freshly cut Atsushi's hair xD I bet no one thought it would suit him so much:D
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 4, 2009 2:14 AM

Jun 2008
Yep, my thoughts exactly! I still can't choose who he reminds me of more, Angus or Eros. But seriously, when i saw that video i had a flashback to the manga XD I am loving the manga so far actually, i just wish it got translated quicker! I hope you like it when you read it. (the younger brother, Angus, is more.. vulgar i guess, surprisingly xD i like Eros more)
lol what if that author is a fan too XDDD

Yeah, i had a little "o_O" moment after reading Die. I didn't mind it though. Like i said, it was strange but beautiful somehow (kinda like Atsushi-san himself? :P)

I think i'll be seeing him everywhere now XDDD I'll report if i meet some other obvious similarities XD Thanks for making the topic, it is very interesting. ^^

Apr 4, 2009 2:28 AM

Nov 2008
you won't cure this illness anymore:DD I see him everywhere as well, though they probably shouldn't be very alike, but well.. this is from another manhwa named Mana xD (also haven't read it but wasn't an obstacle to find some similarities xDD)

I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 4, 2009 2:34 AM

Jun 2008
O_O That's quite a similarity!
But i think that character resembles even more Atsushi-san on this picture:

(his hair is messier there XD)
Apr 5, 2009 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
true!:D I like his messy hair even more than his long hair I think =DD

I don't remember now exactly, but I'm very sure I have seen at least several times in older mangas main characters that looked like this Acchan =D such a '90s style:D
Was very popular for Josei mangas, evil-rich-sexy image:DD (couldn't find without a joke xDD taken from livejournal communities but I can't remember from who exactly TT.TT)

hellennnaMay 30, 2009 7:58 AM
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 7, 2009 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
Hahahah i love it <3 That photoshoot is so awesome btw, Atsushi-san looks amazing *o*

lol more randomness (didn't make it)

the last panel is too adorable X3
Apr 9, 2009 10:59 AM
Nov 2008
tv interview! why did he do that at 00:47 ?For a second it seems like he wasnt aware of the audience*A hungry audience with long sharp teeths and *ı'm gonna eat you* look on their faces*,suddenly saw them and got scared.seriously,why did he do that!and all the screaming...ı really love fangirl screamings!

in part 2 when he said "wakaranai...".soooo damn cute!! *__* he must be really a kind person like they say.

all panels are soo adorable!!!he is the second *living*man ı saw who has such beautiful long hair.Why did you cut it!!!??ı think ı'm going to collect his pictures*long haired atsushi! go google it!*
sugoianApr 9, 2009 11:02 AM
Apr 9, 2009 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
lol i loved 00:47! XD it was so.. random? And then he got all awkward about it XDDD He is adorable.

Aww, i love both his long and short hair though. He really just looks good with any hairstyle =w= To be honest, i can't quite imagine him suddenly growing his hair out now XD He seems perfect with that medium-length hair he has now. Even on the panels that hellennna posted, where his hair looks almost short, he is still so handsome >_< Heck, i even love him with the crazy hairstyle he had back in the very beginning. I guess it's about his face more than about his hair, now that i think about it >.> lol
Apr 9, 2009 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
yeah I wonder how would he look now if he hadn't cut it =D but it did seem like taking care of such beautiful hair was a "pain in the ass" acording to him xDDD

I just remembered of another relation to manga, but it's reverse xD Imai-san has a side project, a band named Lucy, and though I'm not sure how much truth this has, some time ago I was translating an article for JaME, there was mentioned that the name came from the manga "MPD Psycho". That manga is really dark and is pure seinen, there was a musician and a terrorist named Lucy Monostone:

(I'm not sure but this is probably an adaptation of a real person), the other guitarist Kiyoshi after reading this manga really liked the idea and suggested to name their new band Lucy =D but as I mentioned I'm not too sure about this and this might very well be only a joke =DD
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 9, 2009 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
That's interesting. Maybe i'll read that manga. I like seinen. Is it violent? I'm not good at handling that (but i can.. if it's worth it).

Also, i'm adding all the manga and characters we're mentioning here to the list of relations (because i can) XDDD Even if most of them are only look-alikes and stuff, i don't see why not :P
Apr 9, 2009 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
haha, "for fun" is a very good reason to add them as well:DDD MPD Psycho was indeed violent, it's not much of an action, but more like psychological and horror. There's always pictures of dead bodies, brains or something like that.. xD

Talking about "for fun", I'm sorry for the picture, but this one is from the White Dragon. Then I saw it I laughed so hard xDDD If the manga would have something to do with Atsushi-san, then this would be an answer why he never takes his shirts off xDDDDD
N-14 pictures! xDDDDD
hellennnaApr 9, 2009 12:57 PM
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 9, 2009 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
I think i missed the joke o_O *feels stupid* what is wrong with that guy's body? lol
Apr 9, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
that's what I'd like to know as well xD Everything was drawn so nicely untill I got to this part and then "what the hell? Who would even look like that?" xD this was a sad thing to see.. xDD

I tried looking through anime but I couldn't find anything interesting.. maybe PeaceMaker Kurogane has something in it, but I'm afraid I might be seeing Atsushi everywhere where I see a bishounen with long black hair xDD But it's nice that B-T openings were for vampiric animes and xxxHolic has a lot of mistery, even horror, so the B-T ending was also very suitable, I think ^^
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 9, 2009 5:14 PM
Nov 2008
because of you two ı have to read every manga you have mentioned now!
>< and ı have an english exam tomorrow.

you two full of knowledge!ı have no idea joining this site will be this much useful.^^

ı wonder who chose the animes.they must give their opinions,right?cause they are really suitable like you said.
Apr 9, 2009 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
@hellennna, i don't think Peacemaker has anyone resembling Atsushi-san. I know all the long-black haired guys from there (did i say i have a thing for long black hair? XD), and none of them fit the "criteria". And yes, i am pleased that B-T's songs are in 'dark mysterious' anime. Except, i don't really like the visuals of the xxxHOLiC ending, the one where they use Kagerou. It was kinda... silly? And not very suitable for the song.. i thought so. I never watched the anime itself, only the ending out of curiousity.

@sugoian, i'm in a similar boat - i want to read everything hellennna mentioned XD even White Dragon that she says is not so good XD And i also have exams soon.. and a project to work on *made zero progress* Anyway, i really recommend The One :D

I would also like to know what all those authors have to say about it.. I bet they're all closet B-T fans >.> lol
Apr 10, 2009 2:07 PM

Nov 2008
Actually some time ago I tried digging up other musicians or bands reference in manga/anime. I would go around and ask anyone who could possibly know something, but all I could find were only few relations to Hide (the one from X-Japan). Which was kind of strange, because I can't stop wondering is this because noone else besides me looks so deep into what they read, or is it because Atsushi-san is really even better looking than bishounen?.. xDD

I agree about the XxxHolic ending, not too interesting to watch... xD But XxxHolic was the reason why I started reading manga, because my internet was too slow to download anime but I still wanted to know what kind of story has B-T song for the ending =D It's a good story ^^ I like mystic, folklore ghost stories way too much xDD

I hope you both did well with your exams or at least the preparations were successful! ^.^ My mid-terms are finally over, so these two days were my 'cat days' xD By the way, The One got updated:D
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 13, 2009 2:45 AM

Jun 2008
or is it because Atsushi-san is really even better looking than bishounen?.. xDD
^ i'll go with this one XD

I like mystic, folklore ghost stories way too much xDD
^ and with this one XD i love it too! *recommends Natsume Yuujinchou to you*

My exams are a week away, and i haven't even touched upon 'preparations' XD I'll manage, somehow.
Apr 13, 2009 2:46 AM

Jun 2008
By the way: http://myanimelist.net/manga/6070/Alice_in_Underground
XD *decided to add some Alice manga to the list of relations.. as well as other manga with song names in the title*

I think we should totally affiliate with Alice in Wonderland club lol
TakaiApr 13, 2009 2:52 AM
Apr 13, 2009 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
I started liking the Alice story much more after their song =DD *adds to 'plan to read'* I like so much how em.. mysterious Buck-Tick songs are, at least half of them have such relations to literature/movies/paintings/people/history/etc. that usually is impossible to notice from the first sight =D

Natsume is a very good read! reminds me of Selected Pandemonium, I should watch anime some time as well.. xD
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 13, 2009 12:14 PM

Jun 2008
oh you're reading Natsume? i didn't see it on our 'manga you share' list o.o
... that's because i'm not reading it, duh >_> *should really stop posting when sleep deprived* XDDD

Yes, i love all those B-T songs! Which is why i always look at the lyrics translations, to understand it better. (well, sometimes i regret looking at the lyrics.. sometimes.. lol) Many of them are a lot deeper than they may seem at first. And i love when they address literature and other things.
Apr 14, 2009 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
i need more The One right now >_< the chapters are too short and they always end on the best part! damn it XD
Apr 15, 2009 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
mmm, it's a good manga =D and yes, too short xD

I remembered another thing, not apie Acchan this time =DD this shoujo manga http://myanimelist.net/manga/381/Junai_Tokkou_Taichou is quite typical but funny, and the main person's friend Ohno somehow reminded me of Imai a lot xDD because has a similar look, blonde spiky hair, is always indifferent and smarter than others, hates women and loves to create and design things xDDD
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 16, 2009 5:39 PM

Jun 2008
Oh, it's on my plan to read already apparently :D Too bad i have no time ><

Imai-san hates women? :|
Apr 17, 2009 6:39 AM

Nov 2008
It's not that he hates them, it's just that he doesn't like women who are self-centred, possessive, selfish, agitated, restless, buy lots of things, take a lot of time and etc.:DD so when you put everything in all, that's what you get xDD it was a joke more, of course, but still when last year he said he got married, all fans were "wow..so miracles do happen.." xDD

It's nice to see all the manga/anime references now in this community:D a lot to choose from ^^
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 17, 2009 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
lol, i think most men would hate THAT kind of woman O_o;; thankfully not all women are like that at all XD

Haha yes, now my plan-to-read list is even bigger +_+ *wonders when she'll ever read any of that*
May 4, 2009 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
Today I came across something fun again =DD The manga Power! ( http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=483 ) has a very cute supporting character ( http://myanimelist.net/character/5271/Hisashi_Imai ) xDD I laughed so much at this page: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/power/v03/c010/38.html xDD "I'm sure it was originally Hisashi" xD I was sure the name was just a coincidence, but it's the same mangaka that drew Junai Tokkou Taichou, which I mentioned had another character who somehow looked and acted like Imai-san, so now I'm puzzled xDD
I've been buck-ticked.
May 18, 2009 10:07 AM
Jan 2008
OMG guys!!! What did you DO??? I started to read manga >_< Now I'm totally doomed xDDDDD
Aug 13, 2009 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
yay, found another one:D this manga http://myanimelist.net/manga/1529/Melancholic_Princess has a kind of interesting character, I didn't care about him much, but when I saw this picture, it really reminded me of '92 Climax Together xDD

Besides, the manga is not as bad as its ratings show >.>
I've been buck-ticked.
Mar 21, 2010 5:39 PM
Feb 2009
I read a manga today by Atsuta Kotobuki called Stroke Material in which the first volume is called My F*ckin' Lover (reminded me of My F*ckin' Valentine) and the main character looks so much like Sakurai-sama:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/stroke_material/v01/c005/3.html

He looks just like Sakurai-sama in Kimi no Vanilla vid. Also, at the end of the manga, when the mangaka talks about her daily life, she says that there's a band she and her friends like and the way she talked about it made me think of BT.
Lemme know what u guys think.
Btw the manga is hilarious, u should try it
Mar 22, 2010 1:01 AM

Feb 2008
sojusake said:
[url=http://www.mangafox.com/manga/stroke_material/v01/c005/3.html]http://www.mangafox.com/manga/stroke_material/v01/c005/3.html

omg it's definitely him XD

I'll read it ^_^
Mar 22, 2010 2:38 AM

Nov 2008
hahaha this is epic! it's definitely Kimi no Vanilla PV %D
I've been buck-ticked.
Apr 13, 2010 6:38 PM

Apr 2010
Kaori Yuki and Minami Ozaki are best known and most obvious Buck-Tick fans. I've read that Minami Ozaki once suffered from a very big depression and she said that listening to Buck-Tick music had pulled her out of it. As said in the first post, one of the main characters in her manga Zetsuai-Bronze: The singer Nanjo Koji, resembles Acchan.
In Bad Blood (Aku no Hana anyone?) which is a compilation of side stories on Zetsuai, Koji is guest in a music program and guess who the other guests are. (see first post) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bad_blood/v01/c001/4.html

In the same manga you also see Koji performing in an outfit that looks a lot like Atsushi's Aku no Hana outfit.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bad_blood/v01/c002/20.htm">http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bad_blood/v01/c002/5.htm
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bad_blood/v01/c002/20.htm

Zetsuai also has a special OVA consisting of the character Nanjo Koji's videoclips.
The song Bad Blood sounds A LOT like Henshin [reborn].
Bad Blood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfpqZmXhKvY
Henshin [reborn]: http://audio.isg.si/audiox/?q=node/48167

It's always fun to see Buck-Tick references in manga and to see mangakas who are Buck-Tick fans XD
MyAngelicEvilApr 13, 2010 6:50 PM
Apr 16, 2010 1:20 PM

Nov 2008
this helped a lot! thank you!:D At last, I will be able to sleep in peace.. xDDD
I've been buck-ticked.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: Poll: » - favorite Buck-Tick PV? (+ general PV discussion)

Takai - Mar 29, 2009

21 by removed-user »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:49 AM

» - favorite Sakurai Atsushi songs?

Takai - Mar 29, 2009

13 by Kenpau »»
Jan 3, 2013 6:27 AM

Sticky: Poll: » - how did you find out about Buck-Tick?

Takai - Mar 29, 2009

9 by foxrain »»
Mar 25, 2012 4:38 PM

Sticky: Poll: » - favorite Buck-Tick song? (+ general songs discussion)

Takai - Mar 29, 2009

30 by anck-su-namun »»
Oct 13, 2010 6:30 AM

Sticky: » - pictures

Takai - Mar 29, 2009

12 by Aureole »»
Jul 21, 2010 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.