Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2010 4:57 AM
Jun 2008
i'm just curious how everyone here first came across Anime or Manga and why you decided to continue reading/watching? Any stories would be good.. this is the bored Aussies right? at least help me waste some time :P

For me, i think i decided to give it a try because i kept seeing a friends display picture on the MSN and they were always really cute and innocent pictures.. And so, being a hopeless romantic, i asked her about it and she suggested D.N.Angel as a first anime.. and to be honest at first i couldn't stand the subtitles and the Japanese voices, accents, customs, culture.. all that jazz.. it just seemed really strange to me..

But i guess in the end i fell in love with the characters and watched them fall in love with each other.. and i enjoyed the change from western cartoons which are all aimed at kids with simple plot lines and good guys are always good and bad guys are always bad.

I think now my favourite style of anime is shonnen and a little harem.. Ecchi and fan service doesn't really appeal to me though.. it just seems cheap and degrading.. oh and i LOVE comedy like Gintama and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

(your posts don't need to be this long.. i'm just bored and on a rant)
CaseyJaySep 6, 2010 5:03 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Location, Location!

eveAZN - May 25, 2009

10 by Valhana »»
Jul 27, 2013 5:52 AM

» Music

eveAZN - May 24, 2009

10 by feeohbee »»
Oct 30, 2011 7:02 AM

» Manifest

eveAZN - Aug 24, 2009

3 by CaseyJay »»
Sep 6, 2010 4:44 AM

» Hi

HikaRuu - Aug 25, 2009

4 by CaseyJay »»
Sep 6, 2010 4:43 AM

» Alias

eveAZN - May 24, 2009

6 by HikaRuu »»
Aug 22, 2009 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.