Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2010 11:35 PM
Apr 2009
A place for our June AotM discussions. I shall post my thoughts once i am able to access my copy.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 12, 2010 12:33 AM

May 2010
The music Yukio listens to really grates my nerves. I want to punch him. I seriously shudder every time i hear it. The other music is, however, the best in any anime I've seen.

Spike: Jet, do you know that there are three things that I particularly hate?
Jet: Really?
Spike: Kids, animals, and women with attitudes. So tell me, Jet, why do we have all three of them neatly gathered on this ship?!
Jun 12, 2010 5:04 PM

Jan 2010
I like the protagonist. Kind of a pushover, but not nearly so much as many other protagonists. He definitely has his confidence ; enough so that I could understand why some of the characters would think well of him. Also, I like it when the protagonist has a "hidden power" or "hidden ability" so that's mixed well with me. :)

For reasons I haven't identified, I'm also enjoying the flow/pacing of the story even if it's a bit slow/relaxed and the character interactions aren't clever/unexpected. This doesn't seem like the sort of genre where I'd normally think "this is pretty cool" but for some reason it feels like that. It's possible that it's the combination of "real-life anime" and the before-mentioned "hidden talent" I was talking about?

These first six episodes introduced a good number of manipulative people. I hope things get resolved quickly with these delinquents... and I guess that new teacher hasn't turned out to be an overall horrible manipulative person. Hmmm...
Jun 12, 2010 11:32 PM

Sep 2009
I'm enjoying it so far. Pretty slow compared to what I was expecting. I guess I thought it was going to be "about a band" and not "about the formation of a band" but I guess that's what makes it a slice-of-life show. It doesn't just thrust you into the premise, and instead lets you experience the transition with the characters.

On the other hand, there's quite a bit of drama for that particular genre. I liked how things turned out with the swimming/guitar coach. I also hope this bullying sub-plot gets resolved quickly.

The music is good- despite the engrish lyrics. Can anyone testify as to whether the dub is any better?

Also, the animation seems quite good. A review on MAL said it was kinda sucky, but I disagree- the backgrounds seem especially well-drawn. But seriously, why does Koyuki's classmate look like a middle-aged man's head placed on a high-schooler's body??
Jun 13, 2010 12:07 AM

Jan 2010
dwhee said:
The music is good- despite the engrish lyrics. Can anyone testify as to whether the dub is any better?

I'm watching the dub. I haven't noticed anything particularly out of place?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » July Discussion: Durarara First Episode Opinions

Salexin - Jul 2, 2010

2 by dwhee »»
Jul 7, 2010 7:25 PM

Poll: » July Nominatrix

Salexin - Jun 25, 2010

6 by Salexin »»
Jul 2, 2010 10:27 PM

» Beck: Final thoughts

Salexin - Jul 2, 2010

0 by Salexin »»
Jul 2, 2010 10:20 PM

Sticky: » Beck Discussion: Episodes 7-13

Salexin - Jun 19, 2010

3 by Salexin »»
Jun 25, 2010 2:10 AM

Poll: » June AotM Poll

Salexin - Jun 2, 2010

3 by Salexin »»
Jun 5, 2010 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.