Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
May 1, 11:36 PM
Jan 2024
Ritsu seems to take a backseat when it comes to fan discussion on K-on! I think she deserves more love and appreciation.

She is the one who dreamt of forming band first and dragged Mio first and then others for said goal.

As childhood friend of Mio,she understands her most. Her and Mio's bond is quite amazing throughout the series. Not to mention, she goes to extra mile to cheer Mio and others up. She is like glue of group.

And addendum; she looks amazing with her hairs down. The girl deserves more love in fandom.
May 2, 12:39 AM
Nov 2015
Arminken said:
Ritsu seems to take a backseat when it comes to fan discussion on K-on! I think she deserves more love and appreciation.

She is the one who dreamt of forming band first and dragged Mio first and then others for said goal.

As childhood friend of Mio,she understands her most. Her and Mio's bond is quite amazing throughout the series. Not to mention, she goes to extra mile to cheer Mio and others up. She is like glue of group.

And addendum; she looks amazing with her hairs down. The girl deserves more love in fandom.

Ritsu is my personal favorite character, I never really thought about it much but now that you mention it I do think Ritsu is one of the lesser brought up characters. Naturally Yui I think is most talked about though
May 2, 12:51 AM

Sep 2016
Yup, Ritsu is best K-On girl, personality and looks.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 2, 12:59 AM

Aug 2018
Ritsu is definitely underrated, but I'm more of a Mugi fan.

The weakest link is Azusa.
May 2, 1:07 AM
Dec 2021
I like Yui the most but Ritsu is my second favorite character from K-On!

May 2, 2:43 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to OtakuWarrior420
Arminken said:

Ritsu is my personal favorite character, I never really thought about it much but now that you mention it I do think Ritsu is one of the lesser brought up characters. Naturally Yui I think is most talked about though
@Nintendoandanime She is quite literally the one who formed band and got other members to join. She is also the one who sets the goals for band and dictate other terms beisde Sawako.

Not as smart as Mio but she isn't airhead either. Infact, She's quite street smart as seen in episode with Mugi. Tomboyish, energetic but she looks quite beautiful with her hair down. So, I've been quite surprised at her lack of appreciation in fandom.
May 2, 2:59 AM
May 2023
Massive forehead and all I love her so much, she's the absolute mood of the band, to be fair Ritsu showing her forehead is asserting dominance because no other anime character I've seen could attempt that exact hair-style and still look so cute! I quite like it myself, it gives off energetic, optimistic, headstrong, and girly vibes while sharing subtle spikey rockstar feels, without the head band I doubt Ritsu with her hair down would be as surprisingly cute anyways.
She's so cute and funny while being completely self-conscious that she is cute and funny, in comparison, Mugi is cute because we know she is innocent, and Yui does funny things but she's too dumb to realize it(which makes it funnier?), at last, what is always funny to me is that Ritsu's mannerisms are tomboyish but she drops it immediately when she can't keep up with it(especially when she angers Mio or Sawa-chan off).

I'm aware that the gag is Ritsu is scatterbrained and Mio is the diligent one, however Ritsu in my opinion represents the club and its atmosphere from the first episode, in a similar manner she's fit as the leader/president same way to Haruhi Suzumiya. Yui is the mascot, and Ritsu is the title Light Music Club!
JohnZ_GGsMay 2, 3:03 AM
May 2, 4:01 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to JohnZ_GGs
Massive forehead and all I love her so much, she's the absolute mood of the band, to be fair Ritsu showing her forehead is asserting dominance because no other anime character I've seen could attempt that exact hair-style and still look so cute! I quite like it myself, it gives off energetic, optimistic, headstrong, and girly vibes while sharing subtle spikey rockstar feels, without the head band I doubt Ritsu with her hair down would be as surprisingly cute anyways.
She's so cute and funny while being completely self-conscious that she is cute and funny, in comparison, Mugi is cute because we know she is innocent, and Yui does funny things but she's too dumb to realize it(which makes it funnier?), at last, what is always funny to me is that Ritsu's mannerisms are tomboyish but she drops it immediately when she can't keep up with it(especially when she angers Mio or Sawa-chan off).

I'm aware that the gag is Ritsu is scatterbrained and Mio is the diligent one, however Ritsu in my opinion represents the club and its atmosphere from the first episode, in a similar manner she's fit as the leader/president same way to Haruhi Suzumiya. Yui is the mascot, and Ritsu is the title Light Music Club!
@JohnZ_GGs

Amen to that.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 2, 6:30 AM
Jul 2022
finally, someone who gets it
May 2, 7:49 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
Yup, Ritsu is best K-On girl, personality and looks.
@Zarutaku In looks, i think Mio bests other girls but in overall personality, Ritsu is definitely ahead of other girls. Kind, energetic, street smart, attentive to other girls, responsible older sister etc.
May 2, 7:50 AM
Oct 2020
I love all of the girls, but I agree that I haven’t seen enough Ritsu appreciation
May 2, 12:11 PM
Apr 2021
It's hard to stand out that much in a show where all the leads are great and even the side characters like Sawako, Ui and Nodoka are memorable. I have always liked Yui and Mugi most, but would take any of the other three over most other shows "best" characters.
May 2, 9:31 PM
Jan 2024
I think Ritsu gets enough appreciation, there's other characters which I think that are way more underrated like Nodoka or Ui, damn, even Mugi. Ritsu will never fail to be one of the main faces of K-On.
May 4, 12:11 AM
Jan 2022
you obviously haven’t been on K-ON insta
May 4, 2:06 AM
May 2022
Best character Fr
May 4, 5:09 AM
Mar 2024
I'm really glad someone brought this up. I always thought the same thing and finally someone said out loud how charming and charismatic Ritsu is. love her.
May 4, 8:40 AM
Nov 2023
1. Ritsu
2. Yui
3. Mugi
4. Mio
May 4, 1:37 PM
Apr 2024
Rhae said:
Ritsu is definitely underrated, but I'm more of a Mugi fan.

The weakest link is Azusa.

i totally agree! azusa kinda just popped outta nowhere so I never really felt much of an attachment to her
May 4, 2:26 PM
Aug 2022
Naw bro every single character has a huge fan base. (Mio's is the biggest though)
May 5, 4:39 PM
Jan 2024
KawaiiWaz said:
Naw bro every single character has a huge fan base. (Mio's is the biggest though)

Nah, I'd say Yui has the biggest. Overall, she's one of the most popular anime characters of the late 2000's.
May 5, 5:55 PM
Aug 2022
pecana said:
KawaiiWaz said:

Nah, I'd say Yui has the biggest. Overall, she's one of the most popular anime characters of the late 2000's.

Check the favorites here on mal, Mio has more :3
May 6, 6:57 PM
Jan 2024
KawaiiWaz said:
pecana said:

Check the favorites here on mal, Mio has more :3

Oh well yeah, but I'd consider this to be a more vacuumed perspective, in the mainstream, Yui is probably the most popular.

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Aug 3, 2010

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 7:40 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 27, 2010

129 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jul 20, 2010

136 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 19, 12:45 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 29, 2010

172 by davidnpc »»
May 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jul 13, 2010

133 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 5:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.