Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2023 4:23 AM

May 2022
Thats what I thought as I watched and listened... I also thought; "this really reminds me of Dragon Quest". So I went ahead and looked up the composer as I usually do when I find that I'm enjoying the composition. Sure enough its music from Hayato Matsuo who I shortly after came to find out worked for Koichi Sugiyama (of DQ fame) and is in fact his protégée. I have to say the guy really nails the signature sound of Koichi Sugiyama... if he's the one composing for future DQ games then I have no doubt that the series is in good hands. I was actually concerned about that series exactly for that reason.

Anyhow as for Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai; music aside.. I am really enjoying everything else about it. I'm very glad I got around to watching this series. Its a quality, entertaining anime through and through. What I think must of been a treat for anime fans when it first released.

I think for the first season my favorite arc has been Nakagawa, Kanon. My favorite characters are definitely Keima & Elucia!
LordKirkisOct 9, 2023 5:04 AM
Oct 9, 2023 4:59 AM
Aug 2022
LordKirkis said:
Thats what I thought as I watched and listened... I also thought; "this really reminds me of Dragon Quest". So I went ahead and looked up the composer as I usually do when I find that I'm enjoying the composition. Sure enough its music from Hayato Matsuo who I shortly after came to find out worked for Koichi Sugiyama (of DQ fame) and is in fact his protégée. I have to say the guy really nails the signature sound of Koichi Sugiyama... if he's the one composing for future DQ games then I have no doubt that the series is in good hands. I was actually concerned about that series exactly for that reason.

Anyhow Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai; music aside.. I am really enjoying everything else about it. I'm very glad I got around to watching this series. Its a quality, entertaining anime through and through. What I think must of been a treat for anime fans when it first released.

I think for the first season my favorite arc has been Nakagawa, Kanon. My favorite characters are definitely Keima & Elucia!

it's been so long so we already forgot about it. care to add video link.
Oct 9, 2023 5:05 AM

May 2022
Reply to Ricky16
LordKirkis said:

Anyhow Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai; music aside.. I am really enjoying everything else about it. I'm very glad I got around to watching this series. Its a quality, entertaining anime through and through. What I think must of been a treat for anime fans when it first released.

it's been so long so we already forgot about it. care to add video link.
@Ricky16

It's very good! watch it. I don't believe you have it on your watched list.
Oct 9, 2023 5:07 AM
Aug 2022
LordKirkis said:
@Ricky16

It's very good! watch it. I don't believe you have it on your watched list.

I do have this Anime on my list , just cross checked it.
please provide the link of the music.
Oct 9, 2023 5:08 AM

Feb 2023
Season 3 OP is the best.

Season 1 OP is really good too.
StyxParadiseOct 9, 2023 5:14 AM
Oct 9, 2023 5:51 AM

May 2022
Reply to StyxParadise
Season 3 OP is the best.

@StyxParadise

I don't believe the composer did the opening of S1 or S2, and as for S3 I am not there yet. I am specifically talking about the music that plays throughout all of the episodes. All of it reminds me of Dragon Quest.. and its quite beautiful. Well.. I always been a fan of Dragon Quest music and great OST in general.

@Ricky16

Sure here is 1 example track. I am sure the rest is on youtube too.

https://youtu.be/QGp9Agp96bg?si=0XJmrHjrXDkJb_Mc
Oct 9, 2023 6:17 AM

Feb 2023
LordKirkis said:
I don't believe the composer did the opening of S1 or S2, and as for S3 I am not there yet. I am specifically talking about the music that plays throughout all of the episodes. All of it reminds me of Dragon Quest.. and its quite beautiful. Well.. I always been a fan of Dragon Quest music and great OST in general.

I didn't realize you're taking about the background music. Well, In that case here are some of the tracks that I like —

StyxParadiseOct 9, 2023 9:58 AM
Oct 9, 2023 8:41 AM

May 2022
Reply to StyxParadise
LordKirkis said:

I didn't realize you're taking about the background music. Well, In that case here are some of the tracks that I like —

@StyxParadise

Yes those are indeed some of the best tracks! You have good taste in music.

Puella Madoka Magica OST was also pretty phenomenal and Darling in the Franxx as well.
Oct 9, 2023 11:32 AM

Jul 2021
Totally agree with you, i think this anime is the one that in all 3 seasons i enjoyed the OP of each one, for me the best one is the OP for First Season, even the full extended version is beautiful to listen, the harmonica and melody with the lyrics is something that makes it really good.
Oct 11, 2023 12:13 AM

May 2018
StyxParadise said:
Season 3 OP is the best.

With all my heart and my soul i agree. the full version of it hits me hard
sup dumbo
Oct 13, 2023 2:56 PM
Sep 2023
LordKirkis said:

Anyhow as for Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai; music aside.. I am really enjoying everything else about it. I'm very glad I got around to watching this series. Its a quality, entertaining anime through and through. What I think must of been a treat for anime fans when it first released.

In my opinion, the best soundtrack is Ai no Yokan (ed 2) and the really incredible thing with this anime is that some OST’s (I think the ed’s) are just actually a mashup of individual songs of each characters (or rather each character has a main instrumental and they sing along with it) and Ai no Yokan is just an incredible example of how great that can sound

https://youtu.be/Tz6AFKSnlR0?si=2jXnyCy996fjFH86
(The original Ai no Yokan) (a banger)

https://youtu.be/yRERvfVhxqw?si=xSoRx5uRVz1Qd12r
(Haqua Ver.) (I really love her voice!)

https://youtu.be/f5DB1EVhUng?si=ZX5yaiMtWR8gDjSq
(Elsie Ver.) (ITS SO BUBBLY I LOVE IT :D)

https://youtu.be/mcJOijaC6YU?si=TvGw9aWbT-e_vG4y
(Chihiro Ver.) (Probably my favorite version)

https://youtu.be/zwubUixJvKc?si=Ig94uD-caIxqbPB5
(Jun Ver.) (It’s so calming, pretty sure I can fall asleep to this with ease)

https://youtu.be/8XzydPSmwek?si=nRLgmp4BUbomXfoo
(Kusunoki Ver.) (This is where the main instrumentals of the song come from and they are just so good, Kusunoki is also a character I really liked in the anime so i’m very happy her song sounded as good as her personality was)

https://youtu.be/uTSSd8aHizs?si=vzkQ4uQZzuJMLF9a
(Kaketama-tai Ver.) (Honorable Mention :])

(Also I think Kaketama-tai refers to the band that made the song but i’m not really sure about that)

SO, in conclusion…

The World God Only Knows is a very very good anime and one of the BEST harems out there. This anime has some of my favorite characters of all time and one of my favorite main characters. The soundtracks are just icing to this incredible cake.

Also chihiro best girl >:]
Oct 13, 2023 4:11 PM

May 2022
@Funnyjuiceman Well dam tbh I did not listen to the ED for the second season until now having listened to Elsies (she is my favorite in the show so far!) and I really enjoyed her version just now.

Also I am noticing after listening to the others ED that they are very distinct from one another.. that is so cool because Season 1 ED which I really enjoy actually doesn’t have as much variation. It is sung by a variety of the girls from the show, but I believe only 1 other has a different tempo. From ED1 my favorites are Touyama Nao’s and Yuuki Aoi. Those ladies both have such beautiful voices

Whew anywho thanks for sharing these and discussing this awesome show, its characters and music! :)
LordKirkisOct 13, 2023 4:15 PM
Oct 14, 2023 1:55 PM
Sep 2023
LordKirkis said:
@Funnyjuiceman Well dam tbh I did not listen to the ED for the second season until now having listened to Elsies (she is my favorite in the show so far!) and I really enjoyed her version just now.

Also I am noticing after listening to the others ED that they are very distinct from one another.. that is so cool because Season 1 ED which I really enjoy actually doesn’t have as much variation. It is sung by a variety of the girls from the show, but I believe only 1 other has a different tempo. From ED1 my favorites are Touyama Nao’s and Yuuki Aoi. Those ladies both have such beautiful voices

Whew anywho thanks for sharing these and discussing this awesome show, its characters and music! :)

No problem, i’m just glad another person has realized how incredible the music (and the overall show) is. Honestly when I was going into this anime, I didn’t expect myself to like it this much but god damn these harems are honestly catching me off guard with how good they can be (I say this because i felt the same way with nisekoi and bokuben)

Btw I see you liked Aho-girl (based) and I feel like you might like another anime called “The master of killing time”. Give it a watch if you are interested.
Oct 14, 2023 2:33 PM

May 2022
Reply to Funnyjuiceman
LordKirkis said:

No problem, i’m just glad another person has realized how incredible the music (and the overall show) is. Honestly when I was going into this anime, I didn’t expect myself to like it this much but god damn these harems are honestly catching me off guard with how good they can be (I say this because i felt the same way with nisekoi and bokuben)

Btw I see you liked Aho-girl (based) and I feel like you might like another anime called “The master of killing time”. Give it a watch if you are interested.
@Funnyjuiceman

HAHAH! Thats the case with good harems! they can and will catch one off guard. 😂

Definitely loved both Nisekoi & Bokuben with the latter certainly catching me off guard big time. At least with Nisekoi I had some inkling since it’s Shaft.

Ill check out Master of Killing Time. I am liking the sound of the title. Thank you for the suggestion. :D

I will suggest for you Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun, Kanojo mo Kanojo, Noucome, Monogatari, and Shimoneta. In that order given what you seem to like or have watched so far.

Iruma kun and Monogatari being high 9 to 10 shows. Noucome, Shimoneta, and Konojo mo Kanojo being 8 to high 8 comedies for how absurd its characters and scenarios are. Of all those Konojo mo Konojo is the one that wears the Harem genre on its sleeve. Its also the easiest to complete.
LordKirkisOct 14, 2023 5:19 PM
Oct 15, 2023 10:21 AM
Sep 2023
LordKirkis said:
@Funnyjuiceman

HAHAH! Thats the case with good harems! they can and will catch one off guard. 😂

Definitely loved both Nisekoi & Bokuben with the latter certainly catching me off guard big time. At least with Nisekoi I had some inkling since it’s Shaft.

Ill check out Master of Killing Time. I am liking the sound of the title. Thank you for the suggestion. :D

I will suggest for you Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun, Kanojo mo Kanojo, Noucome, Monogatari, and Shimoneta. In that order given what you seem to like or have watched so far.

Iruma kun and Monogatari being high 9 to 10 shows. Noucome, Shimoneta, and Konojo mo Kanojo being 8 to high 8 comedies for how absurd its characters and scenarios are. Of all those Konojo mo Konojo is the one that wears the Harem genre on its sleeve. Its also the easiest to complete.

I can tell these are great recommendations! I actually watch a recapped version of demon school and shimoneta a long time ago but will definitely watch the anime for real eventually (I just forgot to add it to my watchlist). Another show you might like is an underrated shoujo called “Lan Mo’s Flower”, It’s a very sweet story about a tomboy that gets treated like a boy even though she has feelings for the mc (very similar to tomo-chan) and she finds a mysterious flower one day that changes her appearance, it’s a really good watch!
Oct 15, 2023 11:28 AM
Sep 2023
Funnyjuiceman said:
LordKirkis said:
@Funnyjuiceman

I can tell these are great recommendations! I actually watch a recapped version of demon school and shimoneta a long time ago but will definitely watch the anime for real eventually (I just forgot to add it to my watchlist). Another show you might like is an underrated shoujo called “Lan Mo’s Flower”, It’s a very sweet story about a tomboy that gets treated like a boy even though she has feelings for the mc (very similar to tomo-chan) and she finds a mysterious flower one day that changes her appearance, it’s a really good watch!

Oh and i also really recommend “The daily life of the Immortal King”. The last half of the series is probably one of the most hype and incredible things i’ve seen with a roller coaster of emotions during the final episode, please give it a watch 🙏
Oct 15, 2023 1:02 PM

May 2022
Reply to Funnyjuiceman
Funnyjuiceman said:
LordKirkis said:
@Funnyjuiceman

Oh and i also really recommend “The daily life of the Immortal King”. The last half of the series is probably one of the most hype and incredible things i’ve seen with a roller coaster of emotions during the final episode, please give it a watch 🙏
@Funnyjuiceman oh that one also looks intriguing! Ok I will add that one as well! xD geez my back log is ever growing.
Oct 15, 2023 1:11 PM
Sep 2023
LordKirkis said:
@Funnyjuiceman oh that one also looks intriguing! Ok I will add that one as well! xD geez my back log is ever growing.

I both thank and apologize to you
Oct 17, 2023 5:31 PM
Jan 2020
LordKirkis said:

I loved this anime, glad it's still appreciated around the world, it is like in my top 10 anime(Monogatari Series is my second favourite tho), and it's strange to me cuz I don't like much harem/ecchi, so if something of this genres gets me that means the series has many things to offer, and obviously music hit me hard too (expecially that I am weak to angelic voice songs)
*maybe spoiler:*

I always liked Chihiro and their bond together
aDamas_46Oct 17, 2023 5:37 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2010

195 by little_raven »»
May 20, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2010

251 by little_raven »»
May 19, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

199 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

248 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 20, 2010

205 by little_raven »»
May 17, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.