Forum Settings
Forums

Hi :). I've seen my fare share of anime and i try to give them an honest rating. How do you rate your shows??

New
Aug 13, 2023 7:03 PM
Sep 2015
I rate some shows while I'm watching them and edit the rating as I feel about each episode. And sometimes i rate them at the end after watching the the last episode. Im growing older, and my taste and feelings change, so sometimes I change my rating on a show/manga drastically when I revisit my list.

I rate most shows based on how they made me feel and how they made me think (in the moment). So that's why my opinions change sometimes.

How do you rate shows/manga?

My animelist :)

KR
Netrom
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 16, 2023 8:34 AM
Apr 2022
Damn, Your Profile is so good bro.
And you love some good classic shows, like hunter x hunter and many more. I am glad you join us and giving your time to me. I am really sorry to give you a late reply. This mal is not told me any comments information. This is why sometimes I reply late. I am really sorry for this inconvenience.
And again your profile rating is 8/10.
I am waiting for my turn bro. 😎
Aug 16, 2023 4:07 PM
Sep 2015
Hikigaya39 said:
Damn, Your Profile is so good bro.
And you love some good classic shows, like hunter x hunter and many more. I am glad you join us and giving your time to me. I am really sorry to give you a late reply. This mal is not told me any comments information. This is why sometimes I reply late. I am really sorry for this inconvenience.
And again your profile rating is 8/10.
I am waiting for my turn bro. 😎
Ah, thanks man! Solid profile on you as well. Ur profile is a good 6,5/10. (I feel you rated mine waay too high, but thanks) Looked through your list, and I think you will like Beck (Mal Link), and i hope you take the time to watch it. And if that suits your taste you can watch Gvien
(Mal Link). 
And to broaden your taste and make you watch something new, then I highly recommend Jormungand (Mal Link) and  Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Mal Link). I'm surten these shoes will make you cry/yell/mad/happy and bascally blow your socks off :). 
Aug 17, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 2022
Sure bro, I check this anime you told me.
And your profile is really good . You really deserved high ratings!
Aug 17, 2023 8:12 AM
Sep 2015
Hikigaya39 said:
Sure bro, I check this anime you told me.
And your profile is really good . You really deserved high ratings!
Thanks, cant wait to see what you rate these shows ;)
Aug 18, 2023 10:07 AM
Oct 2022
I haven't rated anything on MAL yet, but in my head I have kind of ranking. For me personally my favorite animes are the ones that impacted me the most. Recently I noticed that my taste of anime is shifting a bit. Initially I was more of a typical Shōnen watcher, but now my taste is all over the place. Recently I seem to take a like to Seinen (especially after watching Vinland Saga Season 2). I might start to watch Beserk soon.

October is also full with shows that I am interested in. I think I will have to reorder my list after that
Aug 19, 2023 8:19 AM
Sep 2015
nightwingming said:
I haven't rated anything on MAL yet, but in my head I have kind of ranking. For me personally my favorite animes are the ones that impacted me the most. Recently I noticed that my taste of anime is shifting a bit. Initially I was more of a typical Shōnen watcher, but now my taste is all over the place. Recently I seem to take a like to Seinen (especially after watching Vinland Saga Season 2). I might start to watch Beserk soon.

October is also full with shows that I am interested in. I think I will have to reorder my list after that
I highly recommend that you watch Berserk. For such an old anime, it still makes me wonder if they knew how messed up the stuff in that show was. It's also a great read:) 
If I were to give you a mellow to intense sainen I would recommend you watch Jormungand (Mal Link). It is about a child soldier who is too young to understand the ethics of killing people and has a love/hate relationship with guns. If you like shonen and seinen, then you're going to devaoer the 2 seasons with no problem in 2 days. Thanks for the reply <3
Aug 20, 2023 10:07 AM
Oct 2022
Netrom_Kun said:
nightwingming said:

I highly recommend that you watch Berserk. For such an old anime, it still makes me wonder if they knew how messed up the stuff in that show was. It's also a great read:) 
If I were to give you a mellow to intense sainen I would recommend you watch Jormungand (Mal Link). It is about a child soldier who is too young to understand the ethics of killing people and has a love/hate relationship with guns. If you like shonen and seinen, then you're going to devaoer the 2 seasons with no problem in 2 days. Thanks for the reply <3

I have only heard good things about Beserk. I will probably watch it first and then read it after.
And thanks for the tip. I have just watched the first episode of Jormungand and I like the vibe. I will keep watching it :)
Aug 20, 2023 11:45 AM
Sep 2015
nightwingming said:
Netrom_Kun said:

I have only heard good things about Beserk. I will probably watch it first and then read it after.
And thanks for the tip. I have just watched the first episode of Jormungand and I like the vibe. I will keep watching it :)
That's super! Glad you liked it <3
Aug 30, 2023 6:11 PM

Apr 2017
Netrom_Kun said:
I rate some shows while I'm watching them and edit the rating as I feel about each episode. And sometimes i rate them at the end after watching the the last episode. Im growing older, and my taste and feelings change, so sometimes I change my rating on a show/manga drastically when I revisit my list.

I rate most shows based on how they made me feel and how they made me think (in the moment). So that's why my opinions change sometimes.

KR
Netrom
I used to take my scoring "seriously," but like you I've shifted to more of a "in the moment" approach. As a basic rule I ask myself "Would I change anything in this show?" If the answer is no or if there are only a few nitpicks, those shows tend to be rated higher for me.

Aug 31, 2023 3:02 PM
Sep 2015
Cartier117 said:
Netrom_Kun said:

KR
Netrom
I used to take my scoring "seriously," but like you I've shifted to more of a "in the moment" approach. As a basic rule I ask myself "Would I change anything in this show?" If the answer is no or if there are only a few nitpicks, those shows tend to be rated higher for me.

Yhea, in the moment approach is nice, but some times i see some of the shows i've rated a few years later and i really need to rewatch them an then mby give them a new score. Thanks for the rply! Stay safe<3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Do you prefer to watch anime in one go or to watch new episodes every week?

nightwingming - Aug 6, 2023

12 by Netrom_Kun »»
Aug 17, 7:43 PM

» I new reccomendations

BigBottomHair - May 4

2 by Ohayotaku »»
May 5, 8:31 PM

» A good quiz

SOLDRAKE - Jan 16

0 by SOLDRAKE »»
Jan 16, 12:57 PM

» Are "episodic" anime a thing of the past?

Cartier117 - Aug 31, 2023

8 by Mancux »»
Jan 7, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.