Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2021
Hello!! I've literally devoured the entire Darker than Black franchise in two days. I loved it. But after reading this manga, I can't help but wonder if this is canon in the DtB universe or not.

From what I've seen, it would perfectly fit in between of the last chapter of the first season and the first chapter of the OVAs. This manga explains why the guys in Section 4 don't refer to Kirihara as their boss anymore or why that room with a lot of dolls and that creepy old woman is abandoned and in poor state. It even had some (unintentional?) foreshadowing about Yin's evolution and her status as Izanami (when Edner lost to Hei he saw Yin in his final moments, implying that the meteor chose her instead of him or Hei), and the manga finishes with the reader knowing that Hei and Yin are going to be haunted by the remainings of the Syndicate, leaving us in the OVAs start-point. Heck, the manga even feels as a perfect transition for the relationship between Hei and Yin.

There are obviously some other details but I don't remember them at this time. Now that I exposed this, I would love to know: are there things that would make this connection NOT possible? Like, something in the OVAs or the S2 that denies this manga's events. Please, feel free to interact! Do you think that this is canon or not?
Aug 4, 2022 3:03 AM

Jan 2017
Midmire said:
There are obviously some other details but I don't remember them at this time. Now that I exposed this, I would love to know: are there things that would make this connection NOT possible? Like, something in the OVAs or the S2 that denies this manga's events. Please, feel free to interact! Do you think that this is canon or not?

I didn't read this Manga , but i've heard that it doesn't contradict the main story , but since it wasn't made by the original creator , but by the character designer , it's considered as a non-Canon Spin-Off.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Worth getting a TV or OVA series?

Scrypt - Mar 13, 2011

2 by -Hermit- »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:16 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Shikkoku no Hana Chapter 33 Discussion

Scrypt - Mar 13, 2011

22 by SebCyrSC2000 »»
Jun 24, 2021 6:13 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Shikkoku no Hana Chapter 1 Discussion

Am3692 - Jul 13, 2009

22 by SebCyrSC2000 »»
Jun 20, 2021 3:45 PM

» New DTB anime adaptaion?

the_bell_tolls - Oct 20, 2013

5 by Fubuki_sama »»
Dec 28, 2017 10:07 PM

» Why is this referred to as a replacement for Gemini?

FateHero - Mar 31, 2015

2 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Feb 14, 2017 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.