Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2010 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
I ask this question cuz i have seen more yaoi lovers here in MAL and in other forums, so i needed to discuss it.

In my opinion perhaps it's because girls are more interested in yaoi more than guys are interested in yuri. But why is that? there are some girls who cannot even picture two guys as a couple and do not like the genre and i assume that every guy thinks that lesbians are sexy, so, why there aren't many guys who watch yuri as girls who watch yaoi?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 23, 2010 7:29 PM

Dec 2009
There are many shoujo ai/yuri clubs on MAL. What do you think that way? And it must because shoujo ai are mainly boring unlike yaoi, so guys prefer hentai if they'd like to watch sexy stuff.
Mar 25, 2010 1:04 AM
Oct 2009
Personality I think why Yaoi is more popular is cause everyone now and days think yaoi is more turn on for them. And for me I don't mind Yuri or Yaoi. Personality I think the art is nice and well done. I do not see why people think its a turn on. But I have to say this Yuri and Yaoi is alright I do not mind who thinks what is more better then the other one they are the same thing but different genders. And if you agree or disagree on this I rather hear what you have to say to my post
Mar 31, 2010 8:12 AM

Nov 2009
It's easy to find out actually. Girls watch yaoi because there are both sex and romantic stuff in it. Boys watch yuri just for sexy scenes and as Tabularasa said,it makes sense that they prefer hentai instead. (more sex scenes after all;)
Apr 1, 2010 6:37 AM

Sep 2007
Shinkaron said:
It's easy to find out actually. Girls watch yaoi because there are both sex and romantic stuff in it. Boys watch yuri just for sexy scenes and as Tabularasa said,it makes sense that they prefer hentai instead. (more sex scenes after all;)
Well thanks for dropping us in the dust, really nice of you... -__-
Apr 1, 2010 6:43 AM

Nov 2009
Turkish said:
Shinkaron said:
Well thanks for dropping us in the dust, really nice of you... -__-

My pleasure ;)
Apr 6, 2010 6:27 PM

Mar 2010
personally i like Yaoi more than Yuri.
Even though Yuri is also good, but i find yaoi more interesting and breath catching than Yuri.
There are many guys who like Yuri, but most of them don't care about the romance or feelings, they like the sexual scenes.
Maybe some guys don't like to flash around their interest.
As far as i know, men prefer hentai.
You try and you fail. Try again. Fail better.
Apr 22, 2010 11:58 AM

Jan 2010
Boys are more prettier and they don't whine as much.
Sig deleted for being too large.
Jun 20, 2010 8:54 PM

Mar 2010
Yaoi or yuri? Which to choose. I suppose yaoi is more popular than yuri for the fact that guys don't whine as much. The storyliens are better and less girl like...more jerky I suppose. Some aren't though, some are just plain on cute!
Anyway, thats my opinion
Kagamine Len! <3
Jul 8, 2010 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
Oh wow, most of teh posts on this thread are REALLY sexist, towards both genders. Jesus.
Sex is not all that all men care about. Women are not all whiny. :/ It looks like none of you have even watched yuri other than the little bit you've seen in Loveless...

I don't have a clue why yaoi is more popular. Imo, yuri has a much wider appeal than yaoi, because I can't see a straight guy enjoying a yaoi series (although I know some do), but i'm a straight girl and I love yuri and I can understand girls liking yuri more than guys liking yaoi.

Anyone who thinks it's because guys are "less whiny" are both sexist and deluded.. Yaoi guys are ridiculously whiny (even the ones in series I actually like, might I add) whereas i've never seen a whiny yuri character. Well, there's Fumi from Aoi Hana, but she's not whiny, she just cries a lot, which is cute. And then she goes through character development anyway.

It might be because of the presumptions people have about yuri, illustrated brilliantly by this thread. People think yuri is all about sex and made to appeal to horny men, and it's not at all. The yuri series i've seen have all been very tastefully done, sweet and not very sexual in content AT ALL.

Anyway, I don't really have a preference. I understand why people do, but I don't really think about gender too much in terms of anime. I support a lot more heterosexual pairings than homosexual, generally, but it's only because I like canon pairings and more anime have heterosexual canon pairings for obvious reasons.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Kouya or Yamato?

Shinkaron - Mar 14, 2010

18 by Yuuri-san »»
Mar 21, 2011 9:34 PM

» Request Your Member Cards! ( 1 2 )

Shinkaron - Mar 31, 2010

59 by tcas09 »»
Feb 26, 2011 4:30 AM

» What do you like best about these two?

Strawberry_Mint - Jan 19, 2010

9 by Smochi »»
Jul 8, 2010 8:29 PM

» Will there be membership cards?

Jonineo - Mar 14, 2010

9 by evil-sama »»
Mar 31, 2010 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.