Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2015 6:08 PM

Nov 2010
With how the anime ended, the characters' stories ended so well, but the over all story is very much up to interpretation! Even some of the side characters are still a mystery, and I've been curious to see what other people think as well.

Feel free to discuss and share your ideas about the conflicts, stories, and characters of Death Parade here! :)

Please note, this thread is open to spoilers! Some spoilers may or may not be tagged as such, so please read at your own discretion.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 9, 2015 6:12 PM

Nov 2010
So, to kick this off (and the reason I opened the thread lol), I had someone ask this:
"Why did Memine leave Ginti?". To be honest, Ginti is my least favorite character (not really in to his type of character, plus such a dick move with Maya lol), but it really got me thinking.. Not just about why Memine left, but more about his motives.

So... In my spoiler-ridden opinion:
To me, it's signifying that Ginti made the wrong decision. I feel like the entire set up, having Mayu sacrifice a victim she knows nothing about, to save her idol was.. well, wrong.. almost kind of evil. I think it's safe to assume Mayu was not a complicated case. Sure, she was a vain teenage girl, but not a terrible soul. She should have been reincarnated without issue. However, Ginti had never been shaken from any of his past judgements. Even though the arbiters aren't 'supposed' to feel, that hurt his pride. It made *his* job more difficult, because now he might unknowingly harbor some doubts about everything. So his test that he gave to Mayu, and her choice to sacrifice herself, was him justifying one of two things: If she kills a seemingly 'innocent' man (lookin' at you, LIGHT lol), then she's bad and he can send her to the void no problem. She made it easy for him in a way to go to the void, but again it wasn't the answer he was looking for.
So, again in my opinion, after the cat leaves he is once again consumed (unknowingly) by yet another human emotion: Guilt. Now with the cat gone, the only thing he even remotely cared about, he has to 'live' with the guilt of sending a just soul to the void. The doll of her at the end in his bar might signify a reminder to himself. Maybe to judge better, maybe to see the system as not perfect.. who knows?

However, another theory imo could be that:
Ginti may be a bad guy in disguise. Seeing as how he had a small amount of set up that we saw, his smirking once he brought back Harada.. there is never once any indication that souls can just be summoned back. And, even if they could, would they really allow arbiters that power? Seems like something for at least Nona or higher up on the food chain. One way to look at the doll of Mayu at the end, instead of being a reminder of his mistakes, maybe it's a trophy? It's clear that he tricked her, so maybe no matter what decision she made, sacrifice herself OR the unknown man... he got what he wanted. The only character we've ever seen from him is his disgust with humans. Not to mention, Nona does *not* seem to be fond of him at all. Seeing as how she recognizes the system as flawed, and wants to cherish life on the same level as humans, it would make sense for her to dislike someone who hates human life and plays with it like it's useless.

I would love to see a season two, maybe explore either of these options. I think both could end up being interesting character development for Ginti. But, Anyway, that's just my wordy opinions haha :D

I would love to know what others think. Does anyone agree with theory A or B? Or is there anything to add maybe? ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Count to 10,000

DeadlySilvers - Feb 16, 2015

46 by Floofs »»
Oct 6, 2015 11:22 PM

Sticky: » Introductions! - Say Hello :)

30 by Floofs »»
Aug 20, 2015 4:06 PM

Sticky: » Club Suggestions

6 by RueXIII »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:24 AM

» Make a wish!

DeadlySilvers - Feb 19, 2015

3 by RueXIII »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:17 AM

Sticky: » Club officers wanted - Apply here

DeadlySilvers - Feb 25, 2015

0 by DeadlySilvers »»
Feb 25, 2015 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.