Forum Settings
Forums

Which gender bender anime/manga/character do you like?

New
Oct 26, 2014 3:14 AM

May 2009
Which gender bender anime/manga/character do you like, and why?

I like a lot of them, but my favorites would be:

Baka to Test (anime) - I really like how much cross-dressing they managed to fit in the show despite gender bending not being the number one focus. I find the show funny and the characters likable (all except for two), and I like how it follows a plot line, unlike some comedy anime that are more episodic and random. Baka to Test teases with bits of popular tropes everywhere, making this an entertaining parody of anime in general.

tl;dr: funny, cross-dressing, with plot

Nicoichi (manga) - Although there are some aspects I don't like about Nicoichi, I find the situations it presents soothingly fun & funny. I like how parenting is an important part instead of an afterthought. The characters that I have read about so far are enjoyable as well.

tl;dr: fun, soothing

Yoshii, Akihisa (from Baka to Test) - I loved the voice acting for this character - it fit so well! Akihisa is also adorably oblivious to the fact that he is adorable. He is such a sweetheart, but at the same time, he is such a baka.

tl;dr: adorable, oblivious

Shiota, Nagisa (from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu.) - He is a trap, if that qualifies as gender bending (I'm not sure, but probably?). I like his seriousness and cleverness (like note-taking). I find it fun that it is a recurring joke how gender ambiguous he looks. It is also great that, in some ways, he is a badass.

tl;dr: 'gender,' serious, trap

Nana (from Tripeace) - I like how his solution to many problems is to cross-dress. He poses so seriously when cross-dressing! He is also amusingly weak at the start of the manga, sort of like one of those low-level mobs you can't help but wanna squish.

tl;dr: cross-dressing = the solution, squishy

CaecaOct 26, 2014 3:18 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 26, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2012
My favorite character is this from the anime called Kaichuu!
http://myanimelist.net/character/35171/Gonzaburou_Sasaki

He is unbelievably cute. One of my favorite traps
Oct 30, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not sure if this counts or not, but Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo is a pretty amusing manga involving swapping bodies (often with the opposite sex).
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » List of transgender characters

Caeca - Sep 12, 2014

2 by zovanovski »»
Jul 4, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Do you cross-dress?

Caeca - Oct 26, 2014

6 by Raven2Sarah »»
Dec 28, 2021 4:43 PM

Sticky: » Gender-bender: Transformation, Body Swap, Possession, Past Identity, Ambiguous Sex, Intersexed, Actual Sex Is Different, Transsexuals, Magical Girls, Brain Implant, Merge

Caeca - Mar 16, 2014

3 by Nole_ »»
Mar 13, 2018 9:04 AM

» About: Drag

Caeca - Nov 11, 2014

0 by Caeca »»
Nov 11, 2014 12:45 AM

» About: Bacha Posh

Caeca - Nov 5, 2014

0 by Caeca »»
Nov 5, 2014 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.