Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2009 5:49 PM
Nov 2008
Yo i was jsut wodnering what the proepr view order is, this anime is kinda confuseing but i really wanna watch it since i love yuris. Any1 happen to know?
May 20, 2009 5:12 AM

Mar 2008
Blazin-Ridim said:
Yo i was jsut wodnering what the proepr view order is, this anime is kinda confuseing but i really wanna watch it since i love yuris. Any1 happen to know?

well i just finished watching it, and i started from ep26, (skip ep25) all the way to ep1, and then watched ep25

episode 25 is like a little recap of what happened throughout the series..
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
May 31, 2011 11:54 AM

May 2011
Blazin-Ridim said:

I was just wondering, too. This is so confusing; one person tells you to watch it in normal order, and another in reverse. Why was it aired in backwards to begin with? Was it to make it unique? Does this mean the show is episodic? On to the World Wide Web, I guess. . .
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Jun 18, 2011 5:44 AM

Jan 2010
When I watched this show I hadn't read anything about it, so I watched it in the normal order, and was quite confused in the first episodes, until I figured that it used a reverse chronology. I don't know why the producers decided to do so, it just makes the anime confusing. So, if you want to avoid this trouble, watch it in the reverse order (skipping ep. 25, which should be watched at the end).
Aug 6, 2011 6:07 PM

Jun 2008
Touka gettan aired backwards, so the first episode is in fact the end. The chronological order is: 1(26);2(24);3(23); 4(22); 5(21); 6(20);7(19); 8(18); 9(17);10(16);11(15);12(14);13(13);14(12); 15(11);16(10);17(9);18(8);19(7);20(6);21(5);22(4);23(3);24(2);25(25);26(1).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 25, 2011 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
omg. after watching the first 3 episodes and being completely lost, i decided to wiki it and then i found out its backwards. then i go here and people say its backwards also. if only i read this stuff before i watched it.

it officially pissed me off. its like watching the last episode of cowboy bebop before the entire series, the climax is no more. its something you just shouldn't do. theres exceptions with quick glimpes of the ending like peacemaker kurogane did but touka gettans setup on airing is bad.
if watching things backwards makes it a work of art, then i should watch every anime backwards and be amazed.. not.. (sarcasm)

now lets see if i can finish the series in chronological order now..
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Nov 1, 2011 8:02 AM

Mar 2009
MadScientist said:
omg. after watching the first 3 episodes and being completely lost, i decided to wiki it and then i found out its backwards. then i go here and people say its backwards also. if only i read this stuff before i watched it.

it officially pissed me off. its like watching the last episode of cowboy bebop before the entire series, the climax is no more. its something you just shouldn't do. theres exceptions with quick glimpes of the ending like peacemaker kurogane did but touka gettans setup on airing is bad.
if watching things backwards makes it a work of art, then i should watch every anime backwards and be amazed.. not.. (sarcasm)

now lets see if i can finish the series in chronological order now..

Like you was, i'm really pissed off NOW !! I'm at episode 4 so now I have to look the episode 25 and do a decrescendo … Arggg
Nov 2, 2011 8:19 AM
Dec 2010
Yeah this reverse thing pissed me off that i even dropped the show for year or so because i spoiler-ed myself before i even started the show.

I might watch it in some near future in chronological order since it seems i have forgotten all spoilers finally :)
greenmartyDec 26, 2011 2:48 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 10, 2012 2:32 PM

Oct 2010
Well since i basically saw the ending im dropping this show. I'll be damn if i watch it all backwards just to see that. I was at episode 4 too. I thought it was going backwards but i wasn't sure until i checked on MAL.
Jan 19, 2013 1:05 AM

Apr 2008
watch it in the way it was aired, reverse chronological order ... it a wonderful series. To those who dropped it, I guess watching an anime which makes you "think" isn't your strong point.
May 7, 2013 4:25 PM

Dec 2008
I came here wondering what role Yami to Boushi characters have in this, and I found out this series is backwards :o That's an interesting way of doing things.
Jun 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Nov 2012
In case others came across this show and is confused as well, I must insist you to watch it in the broadcasted format before rewatching the first episode to refresh your memory on the ending. The reason for this is quite simple: The show itself is simply bland, both the comedy and plot wise. It depends on how well acquainted are you with anime by now but if you're good enough to know the stereotypes and typical classics comedy then you're better off either skipping the show or watch it in the broadcasted format. The first few episodes which serve as the ending has a severe lack of climax compared to the last few episodes. Either the scriptwriter or director realized that the plot itself is dead boring so he twist it from a lackluster adventure to a mystery show.

Technically speaking, you only have to watch episode 1-8,10 then skips straight to 19-26. The in between episodes are purely standalone that focus on the (somewhat) comedy aspect of the show. By comedy, I meant the classical kind of comedy where the director established several stereotypes and proceed to poke fun on their quirks. For a full 26 episodes. Dump in a few suggestive scenes and you have one of the worst fillers. Perhaps due to the airing format, the main plot itself is pretty disjunctive even if you're watching it chronologically. Only a select few episodes are direct continuation while others uncertain time skip in between.

Another reason for watching it in the broadcasted order rather than chronologically is due to the lack of participation from the supporting cast. There's a few supporting cast that appears early on chronologically but is outright omitted throughout the standalone episodes and most of the chronologically latter episodes. It's pretty much a psychological thing but you won't feel as annoyed if you watched it backwards since you'll constantly assume that it's the first and last time they appear.

Once again I stress that plot wise, it's not remarkable. It's simply too generic and relied too much on classical comedy and unnecessary suggestive scenes. It's sole saving grace is the reverse chronology.

Oh, and obviously you'll want to marathon it in one or two sitting.
KenjimaxJun 6, 2013 7:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touka Gettan Episode 17 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 12, 2007

3 by AshRayKay »»
Sep 8, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Touka Gettan Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 13, 2007

6 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 28, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Touka Gettan Episode 1 Discussion

Kanashimi - Apr 4, 2007

20 by AshRayKay »»
Mar 10, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Touka Gettan Episode 25 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 6, 2007

5 by elgatosaika »»
Apr 17, 2023 2:27 PM

Poll: » Touka Gettan Episode 6 Discussion

Faust721 - May 13, 2007

4 by Aurakin »»
Mar 28, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.