Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2009 1:45 PM

Dec 2007
If you have a problem and your not afraid to talk about it then we can give you tips here.
yorkie2Jan 27, 2009 1:47 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 29, 2009 2:16 AM

Jul 2008
I guess it does not hurt to share some of my problems with you Yorkie-chan! ^^

Well then... here we go...

I have this habit of telling white lies to make myself look cool for example, I lied that I have watched this certain anime because its popular and I want to fit in with the people who have actually watched it, something like that. No matter how much I try to break this habit I just seem to do it again and again and again. There are times where I feel better when I told someone that I have something I lack but at the same time, I will feel gulity that I lied to him/her. Any tips, Yorkie-chan?
Jan 29, 2009 5:07 AM

Aug 2008
hmmm, well personally I feel good speaking up for what I dont have and do. The best thing to do is to be yourself. Overtime you'll understand a good meaning of what I'm saying and see how much better that things will go for you. If a person likes you, they like you for who you are. To tell you the truth, I don't think the person will like you any less just becuase you havent seen what they have. That's just like saying we cant get along because you dont understand or see things the way I see them. Everyone is different and have something unique about. I'm actaully a very popular guy that attracts are sorts of friends cuz I can calibrate with some of things we talk about. Have you ever heard of a person attracting the opposite personality. It's when a guy or girl attract a person that has nothing in common with them. It's all because they find the person to be interesting or cool. Same as a younger brother looking up to a older brother or someone they value. I can definitely understand what you mean about lieing to fit in.^^ I did that same mistake in elementary of lieing to someone that I like wrestling but that was years ago.^^ I'm totally way different than what I use to be. I have friends that drive and come to chill at my place all the time. Also none of my friends like anime but that doesnt stop me or them from be cool. I'm like one of the coolest guys to hang around with. My house phone is always ringing having my friends call and say, "lets go out and party or we about to get together with a bunch of girls". Okay, I think I've might of said to much but I hope this helps.^^ Just hit me back with another comment If you need anything.^^
Jan 29, 2009 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
I understand what you mean ^^

I have tried hard being myself since last year and have not given up trying and I do hope I get the hang of it soon. I used to be someone who has inferiority complex and I often looked down upon myself for the thing I lack. I shall share with you that I am of average height for Asian standards (165 cm - 5'05") and I used to feel inferior when being compared to people who are taller. Thus this leads me to lying online saying that I am tall and surprisingly it does make me feel better when people acknowledge me for being tall even though its online. But now, I have learnt to accept who I am because Allah (I'm Muslim) has made me this way and this way shall I stay. I also lied to my friends about having a girlfriend. I also lied about being capable of things that I am not good at. I also lied here in MAL just so that I can fit in with members who have watched what I have not watched. To be honest, I never like that much anime beyond the Mai-Hime / Mai-Otome franchise. But yes, I do appreciate your help! ^^
Jan 29, 2009 6:08 AM

Aug 2008
oh I see, well mai-hime is a pretty good shows. I didnt know their were any other sequels after Mai-Hime. I just might have to add mai-otome to my list. If you like mai-Hime, you might also like Magical girl Lyrical Nanoha unless you've already seen it.
Jan 29, 2009 7:37 AM

Jul 2008
No, I have not watched it yet... ^^

I lied about watching Claymore because my close friend really likes the series and I did that just so I can fit in and I depend on episode reviews so that I will know what the f~~k is going on in every episode but eventually gave up because its a stupid idea. The truth is that I am not interested but this friend of mine told me that its an awesome series and that I do not know what I was missing so I started lying about watching it. As I mentioned, I actually do not watch much anime but I watch those which I want to watch. Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome are my favourite series and I have not much favourite anime beyond that actually.
Jan 29, 2009 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
I'm sorry I haven't been on to hear. It seems you have a problem. I think being yourself well do just fine. It's ok to say one or two little white lies. And I understand if you don't watch tons of anime. Mai-hime was epic. So some things might not compare. A lot of people on here don't judge you on the anime you've watched. So don't worry if you haven't seen the same anime as someone just say "I haven't seen that" or "That sounds cool but I'm not really into that".
Jan 29, 2009 2:51 PM

Jul 2008
Thanks for understanding! ^^

I felt that its about time that I share my problem with my friends here. I do help my friends out should they have any problems even though I have my own personal problems myself. I mean... I have lied to my good friends here and I feel guilty for doing it. There are alot of Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome fans here, but they don't seem to be talking about it alot these days. This ultimately leads me to create an alternate account claiming that he is my friend and "we" had tons of conversation about the series. But I have stopped using that account and decided to let it fade away.
Jan 29, 2009 2:58 PM

Dec 2007
I'm glade your feeling better. If you ever want to talk about Mai-hime i can talk about it with you. And it's good your not using the other account any more.
Jan 29, 2009 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
I am sure you know which account I'm talking about (maybe)

I decided to stop using that account basically because it was more like talking to myself and because its another lie. I believe you know which account I'm talking about its hard to miss. But I have decided to stop using it and let it fade away from MAL and hope the members here will forget "him" eventually. Also, I am touched that you are willing to talk about the series with me! ^^
Jan 29, 2009 4:45 PM

Dec 2007
I'm sorry but I don't know who. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to those things. But as long as it helps.
Jan 29, 2009 4:57 PM

Jul 2008
This member is called Chie-Hallard...

I used him for like about a few months before stopping because it was stupid and more like talking to myself. You are the first member to find out about this, and it will be good if those who have talked to "him" knows too because I want them to know that I have been lying. I never really confessed my wrong doings on MAL but you are the first one I opened up to. So yes, you have helped me alot ^^
Jan 29, 2009 5:35 PM

Dec 2007
I'm glade. I hope things will get easier. And if you feel like you've been doing it again we'll always be here to listen.
Jan 29, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
Sure! I will drop by anytime and ask for help! ^^

I will try not to repeat my mistakes because I have learnt to be who I am. Thanks for listening to me and I know who to approach should I need someone to share my problems with! ^^
Jan 30, 2009 3:28 PM

Dec 2007
I'm glade.
Jan 30, 2009 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
I have talked to my best friends (midori-chan89 and natsuki-chan-bg) about my problem and they gave me the same advise as you do. I should be myself and believe in myself and people will not judge me for the anime I watch. I have also cleared my list because I will be re-doing it soon. The Mai-Franchise is the main reason why I decided to join MAL and discuss about it. But thanks for everything! ^^
Feb 7, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
I have a few things to ask...

This is the first...

1.) How to deal with inferiority complex? I know that this is not important when it comes to anime or manga, but I will always feel inferior when people know more Japanese than I do. Perhaps its always because I feel like I'm alone when it comes to a certain attribute that I lack. Now we're talking about the Japanese language. I feel like I am the only one on MAL who lacks knowledge in Japanese, just because my good friends here are much better than me at it. I sometimes feel like an "outcast". I know that its something out of being paranoid but how can I overcome this problem?
Feb 8, 2009 12:38 AM

Dec 2007
I understand how you feel. When I first came on MAL I never know any of the terms or words like Moe or even what MAL stud for. I had to have lots of help. When it comes down to it you probably know more then me. Because I watch lots of dub I'm not that knowledgeable like those who watch sub. I guest if you don't like it you can always watch more subs or there's sites online that help with Japanese.
Feb 8, 2009 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
Thanks! ^^

As always, you helped me well with my problems! As I said... sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who lacks knowledge in Japanese when I'm not. But I have come to realise that there are other people who are just like me and that I shouldn't worry about these kind of things. I am glad that I have approached you again ;)
Feb 8, 2009 3:22 PM

Dec 2007
No problem.
Feb 8, 2009 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
This is the second...

2.) I could be wrong at all of this but I have a feeling that some members are ignoring me. I'm not too sure why but I just feel that way. I shall give you an example. I went and looked for funny prank calls on YouTube and decided to share them with some of those members in the MALMSC. But only one person acknowledged them. But when another member posted funny stuff alot of people took notice of it. This leads me to think that people are ignoring me, or just find me plain boring. What are your suggestions? :)
Feb 8, 2009 6:42 PM

Dec 2007
Well a lot of people have been busy or they just haven't seen it. If you have sent a lot of stuff before they might not take a look. I do that sometimes. Because it may take up to much room. If they are ignoring you then their being childish and should stop. I know you can always make better friends. And I'm here to.
Feb 8, 2009 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
I'm not sure what I have done wrong (other than my list and alternate account) to them in the first place that they ignored me. I just wanna share a few things with them... but they don't acknowledge it for some reason. I mean I posted videos which are funny, but they never replied to it as if to say "you are the most boring guy on MAL" or something. I am not an attention whore but hello, I exist >.<

But you are right, I have alot of good friends here, including you :)
Feb 19, 2009 5:59 PM

Sep 2008
tips to help on problems????
this'll be fun....
well first of all bottle up all your emotions...anger, frustrations and sorrow in life....
yell all your hatred at the nearest person....this will suprise the person....
you guys will talk and you've made a friend.....
what are we talking about???
Apr 16, 2009 3:08 AM

May 2008
It would be easier to help here if messages responding to pleas for advice weren't removed from here without so much as a word to the person trying to help.
Maybe karuhigamiDURV is a little bit more perceptive than her joking comment implies.
Cept the talking will just stop.
You know... respect and consideration for ALL the members here would go a long way.
Just a thought.
May 3, 2009 9:24 AM
Mar 2009
Hi, this isn't really much of a problem, but i thought you wonderful people might be able to help :)
I want to post some of my artwork on here to show people, and i don't really know how. I have asked a couple of people, but i'm still not really sure :(
So say i've just taken a photo of my artwork on my digital camera and uploaded it onto my computer, now what do i do? Can you post it in a blog? And how to people get pictures on there profile? Or in messages?
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

May 13, 2009 6:17 PM
Apr 2009
i like to help ppl myself :3

i am honest and i and caring :3
so if you need someone to talk to i will always listen
now don't be shy either
May 13, 2009 6:38 PM

Mar 2009
I have a problem...I can't access the third page of this thread when it clearly says that there are three pages of this thread!!!
MINE:

one of the only things that has ever made me cry:

What I believe in:
May 13, 2009 8:21 PM

Feb 2009
I can see your post here on page 2, so maybe the number of pages is wrong. Come to think of it, I think this thread shows 42 replies, but yours is #28, and it's the most recent.
May 14, 2009 3:45 AM

Mar 2009
...yeah, it's weird...
MINE:

one of the only things that has ever made me cry:

What I believe in:
Jun 27, 2009 1:53 PM

Feb 2009
Please help it burns when i pee
Aug 25, 2009 9:34 AM

Jul 2009
i'm a noob here, soo.. how do i do the spoiler tab thingy?
also how do i post a pic on a forum?

*hangs head in NOOB shame*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anyone have advice for chatting online?

CorallineAlgae - Jul 19, 2009

2 by CorallineAlgae »»
Aug 17, 2009 9:04 PM

Poll: » Have we helped you.

yorkie2 - Jan 26, 2009

5 by Itachi_Uchiha »»
Jul 1, 2009 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.