Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2009 11:18 AM

May 2007
As many vegans will tell you, finding a vegan alfredo sauce recipe has been a long and arduous journey. But yesterday, I stumbled upon VeganDad's blog, who claimed to have the perfect alfredo recipe. I had my doubts, so I decided to give it a shot--and low and behold, he was right.

INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups plain soymilk
- 1 pkg extra firm silken tofu (Mori-Nu)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp arrowroot powder

METHOD
1. Blend all ingredients except arrowroot powder in a food processor until creamy and smooth. Heat in a saucepan over med-lo heat until just about bubbling.
2. Remove some of the sauce and mix with 2 tbsp of the arrowroot, then add back to the saucepan. Heat, but don't boil. If sauce is too thin, add the remaining tbsp (or more). Whisk smooth.
3. Serve over pasta with peas and seitan slices.

Notes/Some things I did differently
Before blending the margarine (I used Earth Balance's "soy garden," btw) I melted it in at cook pan on the stove (the same one that I used later to cook the sauce in), and slowly stirred in about 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast. Also, I like garlic-heavy alfredo, so I also chopped and blended in one small bulb of garlic. The results were awesome!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 3, 2013 11:26 AM
Sep 2013
Thank you for sharing! Been searching for a while already, definitely going to try this.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Analogues and Ingredients

ScrumYummy - Nov 3, 2008

0 by ScrumYummy »»
Nov 3, 2008 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.