Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2009 9:33 AM

Sep 2007
As some of you already know, I had the idea to make a new design for this club. It has had brown and green since the beginning, and I'm growing tired of it. That's why I'd like a fresh design to spice things up a little when we open up again!

I thought of two different ways of doing it:
  • 1. We just choose some random anime (maybe two or more) and we'll make a design out of those.
  • 2. The members get to vote out of [insert # here] anime and we'll pick the one that wins.

So, what do you think about this? My fellow Admins? Nice idea, right? Fu-fu, now the only thing that I miss is your opinion about this all. I would like not to start a whole discussion again, so whichever has the most Admins votes, we'll do that.

I haven't thought about the anime yet, but I would like not to choose for Code Geass or some other majorly popular anime which aired some time ago. It may be a very good anime which you think of, but perhaps it's more fun with an anime that's not that often used for a design before. Is what I think.
    Edit: That means the choices we'll give the members if #2 is picked by the Admins won't include majorly popular anime which aired some time ago. ^^

Well, think for yourself, and state your opinion here please.
  • Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
    Jan 10, 2009 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
    i think it'd be logical to use an anime with a lot of students o_o something with a school setting, but not something that's all over the place like Hiina-tan mentioned. Maybe something like this: choose one school anime; use some of the general/group images for the header and whatever else goes into club description; use a picture of 1 or 2 main characters for the club picture.

anime that we could choose from: Gakuen Alice, School Rumble, Honey and Clover, Itazura na Kiss (personally not familiar with this one), Special A (not familiar either), Kare Kano, Onegai My Melody?

the colors of the theme would depend on the chosen anime.

well this is my opinion :P
    Jan 10, 2009 10:30 AM

Sep 2007
    Takai said:
    i think it'd be logical to use an anime with a lot of students o_o something with a school setting, but not something that's all over the place like Hiina-tan mentioned. Maybe something like this: choose one school anime; use some of the general/group images for the header and whatever else goes into club description; use a picture of 1 or 2 main characters for the club picture.

anime that we could choose from: Gakuen Alice, School Rumble, Honey and Clover, Itazura na Kiss (personally not familiar with this one), Special A (not familiar either), Kare Kano, Onegai My Melody?

the colors of the theme would depend on the chosen anime.

well this is my opinion :P

Good opinion in my opinion. :P

Ofcourse, it's only logical to use a school-based one. Code Geass was just an example of a popular anime. ^^ I like the ''1 or 2 main characters for the club picture'' thing.

Those anime could be used. However, Itazura na Kiss was pretty popular not too long ago, same goes for Special A. Hmm.... we'll see how it goes.
    Jan 10, 2009 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
    Haha, figures the two i'm not familiar with get ruled out XDDD Gakuen Alice is one of my personal favorites, and it has so many students (and the pictures wouldn't be hard to find). Anyway, i want to wait for other opinions first XD
    Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
    Sep 2008
    I agree with what Takai stated. Using a school-themeed Anime would be awesome for the design o:
    Abotu the memebrs voting, sorry to say, but this club was put on-hold for waay too long. I doubt there'll be any members voting :/ But we could still give it a try :D
    Maybe a design with meaning behind it would be good too? :3
    E.g: Shugo Chara, It's about students, mainly. Who contains supernatural powers (lol?) and in search for the 'embryo'. It's a bit of, 'achieving' something? XD Also, the animation is quite nice too. :x
    Okay, I doubt I made any sense. @_@ Sorry~
    Jan 11, 2009 6:34 AM

Sep 2007
    Yes, this club really is dead now. Except for us ofcourse. It's time to spice things up a little since we're now done with the banners.
    But yaruMukuro, people come and say Thank You to their banner makers, so I guess they're still alert.

And, what do you mean with a design with meaning behind it?
    I don't quite get it with the Shugo Chara example. o.o

It's a pity none of the other Admins I messaged have come to take a look till now, we could definitely use more opinions on this matter.
    Jan 11, 2009 7:30 AM

Jun 2008
    Once we get a definite idea on the design, something most of us agree on, we can always just mass message the members. That's what we did the last time we needed their opinion and a lot of them helped. The club may be on hiatus, but the members are still here on MAL ^^

i thought of Shugo Chara, but then it striked me as something a bit too popular, but i may be wrong. isn't the 2nd season currently airing? i didn't watch it, so i can't really give much input on the 'meaning' part.

as for other admins, if they don't reply in a few days, then i guess we'll have to decide on this between the three of us? i mean i don't see any other way, unless we want to postpone it for like a month or however long it takes other admins to take a look at this thread =/
    Jan 11, 2009 2:56 PM
    Sep 2008
    Ah, sorry for not making it clear. Well, it's sort of like, a student's ambition. They'd want to achieve something. And for a design, we could include some reason onto why it was chosen, not just 'because it was voted by members', or 'because it's well animated' :x
    Jan 12, 2009 9:06 AM

Sep 2007
    Hmmm.... I get it a bit more now. But as Takai said, it's a bit too popular. In Takai's opinion, and in mine too. Gomen. ;___;

Yes, I also think we should wait till a certain day. It wouldn't have any effect if we're discussing this now and they come in about a month here. What should we do? Decide on a certain date?

I think that Lovely Complex would also have a chance, won't it?
    In any case, it may be a bit popular or that it was popular about a year ago (that the hype went down I mean), because the members also have to like it.
    Otherwise we could also use I My Me Strawberry Eggs or something, but that anime wasn't so popular. So, my conclusion: a bit popular but not too much, school-setting, aired quite some time ago.
    Jan 12, 2009 9:44 AM
    Sep 2008
    Yep! I agree with that o:
    I'll just go with what you and Takai decide, and help around if you'll need me to help :3
    Jan 12, 2009 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
    i forgot about Strawberry Eggs D:

so we have that, and Lovely Complex is good too i think.
    (Gakuen Alice is still my 1st choice, but i'm perfectly fine with LoveCom and Strawberry Eggs as well.. might 'advertise' the second one, it's pretty underrated for no good reason o_o)
    Jan 13, 2009 9:12 AM

Sep 2007
    Are you sure about Strawberry Eggs? I mean, it's a good series and it surely is underrated for no reason, but I think not a lot of members know the series... *thinks* But if we're using more anime we could do it I guess. ^__^

My favorites right now are Gakuen Alice, School Rumble and Lovely Complex. With Strawberry Eggs following.

Till what date should we wait till other Admins join us?
    Jan 13, 2009 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
    you can decide on the date, Hiina-tan, i don't know. end of this week or something? i mean they -are- on MAL, i'm not sure what's keeping them from coming here o.o;

hmm you're right about Strawberry Eggs.. but i don't really like the idea of using multiple anime >.< i can't really call it one 'theme' if we have all those unrelated characters in there.

Gakuen Alice <333
    (though if we have the members vote, it'll probably not win ^^;;;)
    Jan 13, 2009 2:22 PM
    Sep 2008
    Why not have it like this? Instead of wondering if the members will vote for a more 'popular' anime, why not design it first? Take then screenshots with it, and post it in a blog or something.
    We'll then have the members vote which design looks best.
    tHat way, we won't need to worry about the Anime/Manga being voted on or not. So instead, it'll be voted by how much the design is 'loved'
    Jan 13, 2009 3:54 PM

Jun 2008
    true, but i'm afraid there will still be a lot of members who will vote for a certain design only because it features the anime they like =/

but i guess that's a better way. though we'll have to make several designs, and all but one will be trashed? that's kinda.. sad. or maybe we can keep the designs that did not win the poll for later use? i wish we could have 'rotating' designs like the banners on some forums XDD
    Jan 13, 2009 4:26 PM
    Sep 2008
    then just make it change on refresh. :/ ?
    Jan 13, 2009 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
    that's what i was talking about when i said a rotating theme. i don't think we can do that? O_O or can we?
    Jan 14, 2009 12:17 AM
    Sep 2008
    Oh right. And lol. You probably can.
    Jan 24, 2009 3:07 PM

Sep 2007
    Sorry I was away for a week or so. ^^'
    I got attracted to homework.
    . . .

As you two said above, voting on an already made design sounds pretty good. That way we can keep the other designs for later. ^__^

As for the date, I think we'll manage it ourselves. I think we... just have to... since they don't show up at all. T__T

So, if you two agree, let's decide on some anime for the designs. :3
    How many are we going to make by the way? I'm fine with each number you suggest.
    Jan 24, 2009 8:54 PM

Jun 2008
    i really don't think we can make the design change on refresh though... o.o yaruMukuro, do you know how to do that? O_o

if we can do that, then it would be even easier. but i strongly doubt mal allows that ^^;;;
    Jan 25, 2009 6:16 AM

Sep 2007
    What's with the refresh thingie? o.o My small brains do not understand the information.
    XD

Edit: WAIT. My small brains do understand. You mean that each time members get back to the club page there's an other design than the design they first saw? So, first it was Lovely Complex (example) and when they get back to the page it is Gakuen Alice?
    I'm sure you two meant it that way.

I'm not too sure about it. I actually don't think it will work. And if it would work, how are we going to do it? Is there some BBcode for it? I don't know. Perhaps asking Xinil would be an option, but the last three times I asked something he just never gave me a reply.
    HiinaJan 25, 2009 6:28 AM
    Jan 25, 2009 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
    yeah, that's what we meant. and i'm also very doubtful that it'll work o_O i'm almost a complete noob when it comes to bbcode, plus mal's bbcode is pretty limited. :|
    Jan 26, 2009 6:41 AM

Sep 2007
    So, what if we first decide on a few anime who meet the requirements, make a design for them, let the members choose the one they want via a poll or something, and save the other ones for later use. ^^
    That was the idea we're creating, or so I think.

In any case, multiple anime isn't that much of an option anymore, right? I mean, we all want to have just one anime in a design.
    So, we just have to choose a few anime for the designs. ^^

What is everyone's top 3?
    This is mine.
    1. Lovely Complex
    2. Gakuen Alice
    3. School Rumble

I hope our refresh attempt will work. ^^
    Feb 2, 2009 12:59 AM

Jun 2008
    well, yaruMukuro is the one who said that the 'rotating' design might be possible o.o i'm kinda waiting for her to elaborate on that lol

anyway, my top 3 would be:
    1. Gakuen Alice
    2. School Rumble
    3. Lovely Complex

>.> pretty much same as yours, Hiina-tan, except in different order lol
    (actually there is no order between School Rumble and Lovely Complex, but my first choice is Gakuen Alice)
    Feb 3, 2009 1:29 AM
    Sep 2008
    Sorrrry for the late reply o-o;..
    And eh, I THINK it's possible. But i'm more on the HTML/CSS side rather than BBCode, especially MAL's one, sorry. I have seen some users who've done it though. But yeah, i'll just stick with yoru decisions, one Anime desgin.
    As for the Top 3, I'll let you both decide on that too. I haven't watched neither of that except for School Rumble, and didn't really like it xD.
    Sorry t-t;~
    Feb 3, 2009 7:03 AM

Sep 2007
    Allright, then we'll decide on the anime for the design, ne Takai? :3
    I'm perfectly fine with Gakuen Alice, so if you want that one, I'm on your side.
    >:3

yaruMukuro, if you could, would you please try to figure out if banner switching is possible? we may not be able to use it in the near future, but maybe we can use it the next time we'll refresh our design.
    Feb 3, 2009 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
    yeah, i mean, if we can't use the rotating design thing, then we wouldn't need to make 3 different designs right now. but if we can, that would be awesome.

Gakuen Alice seems to be the only one of the three that you rated 10, Hiina-tan :P out of the three it's also my favorite, plus i absolutely completely -love- their school uniforms >3> lol so i guess we are decided then :D
    Feb 9, 2009 12:05 PM

Sep 2007
    Oh yes we have! :D
    It's Gakuen Alice!

I did? I didn't even know that I only rated GA a 10. :P

So, how are we going to do it?
    Everyone of us is going to make some kind of design for the main club page and for the threads as well? I mean at least the Rules thread cause I've also designed that one in green.

I am not that good at making designs, but I can at least try my best! ^^
    I'm waiting for your answers, and when it's settled I'll start designing. >:3

@Takai: a friend of mine cosplayed Mikan, cause we both love their costumes so much! i can understand your love <3

Edit: I am NOT that good at making designs, I forgot the NOT part. O.o
    HiinaFeb 17, 2009 9:42 PM
    Feb 17, 2009 6:40 PM
    Sep 2008
    Sure, I'll try and find out.

As for what you need to be desgining, i'm not as good, but i'll try and help, if you'd like any >_> <_<
    Feb 18, 2009 6:39 AM

Jun 2008
    i think it'd be best if we divided the tasks.. for example, one of us would work on the main welcoming banner + club picture; someone else can work on the headers for the threads. I mean i don't know how two people working on the same banner/graphic can even work, unless we can get on the same computer, which we can't ^^;

Should we decide on the dominating colors before anything?
    (their school uniform is black and red right? something along those lines?)
    Feb 18, 2009 9:56 AM

Sep 2007
    Hmmm.... that's allright with me.
    However, one has to wait untill the other is done with the main banner + club picture, so he can copy the style. Is that allright with you, I don't really mind.

You know, each time I think of making a design for GA I think of THIS color. ^^ Lightblue~♥
    I'd like to know your opinion on that one.
    But black and red is also fine, but is has to have some white in it too in that case. IMO. ^^
    Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Get your student here! ;3 [CLOSED FOR NOW] ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hiina - Jul 16, 2008

228 by Hiina »»
    Apr 5, 2009 1:32 AM

» Post da banner! :D ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hiina - Jul 16, 2008

171 by tsuD »»
    Jan 22, 2009 7:27 AM

Sticky: » For Admins - What banner to make?

Hiina - Jul 18, 2008

17 by sakura_r0se »»
    Oct 13, 2008 11:01 PM

» Teachers Lounge

fantasy254 - Jul 21, 2008

32 by fantasy254 »»
    Sep 21, 2008 9:12 AM

» Teach Thread ( 1 2 )

Hiina - Jul 18, 2008

66 by spring_onions »»
    Aug 8, 2008 7:47 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.