Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion what anime holds the most philosophical meaning to you?

New
Jan 19, 2013 7:16 PM
Dec 2012
Hmmm in my opinion I think Fruits Basket fits in this category perfectly. Aristotle once said that Tragedy in one of the most beautiful things in this life if so then this anime is stunning. Each character has some type of tragedy big or small that causes them to be beautiful. Tohru with the fact that her mother died, Yuki for his tragic longing to fit in, kyo probably one of the most tragic characters of the anime suffers burdened by his family secret can never truly become close to the ones he loves most. Other characters have sad instances that are scaled down or duplicated. Aristotle mentioned that for a hero/heroine to be lovable then he/she must not be stupid, but should have some flaw that just keeps them from achieving happiness. Now focusing on the anime it ended after one season we focus on the ending where Tohru does accept Kyo, but she does in an imperfect way never lifting his burden by breaking the curse. I know in the manga things carry on and happen in different ways, but this is strictly focusing on the anime and where it left off. Well that is my brief take on the subject to get tings going. Please feel free to leave a post expressing your thoughts and please remember to be respectful to others.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 20, 2013 9:39 PM

Sep 2012
I think the Ghost in the Shell franchise fits in here perfectly through out the movies and Stand Alone Complex they touch on lots of deep issues involving the human psyche and what it means to be human. I think alot of the deeper meaning gets lost to alot of people cause of the gorgeousness of the series.
Mar 1, 2013 2:17 AM
Feb 2012
Its hard for me to say just one... But i think that Evangelion... This anime makes you think about everything... ¿who you are? ¿Where do i end and where do you begin? ¿what is the meaning of life? ¿why to life, to suffer?....
Jun 3, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2007
In your opinion what anime holds the most philosophical meaning to you?

Is there any other than MY opinion regarding what holds the most philosophical meaning to ME?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Heroes

Dobenwolf - May 1, 2013

0 by Dobenwolf »»
May 1, 2013 8:11 AM

» beginners

heinousxheroine - Feb 18, 2013

0 by heinousxheroine »»
Feb 18, 2013 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.