Forum Settings
Forums

which bones serise had the best animation(based on the time i came out)

New
Jul 15, 2011 8:08 PM
May 2011
which serise from bones do you think had the best animation for the time it was made, it could be a old one depending on how good it looked for that time

i think the bets looking one was rahXephon, it just looked movie quality throughout, when rewatching it a couple weeks ago i couldnt beleive how good it looked for beign a 2002 show

lets not count the movies so sorry no cowboy bebop movuie or sword of the stranger, i feel like theyd be too unfair to the rest
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 20, 2011 6:02 PM

Dec 2008
Hmm... you're right about RahXephon; that was some beautiful animation for 2001. I'm going to say its a tossup between RahXephon and Eureka seveN (and not cause E7's my favorite. Honestly, its animation is gorgeous for 2005 of all times).
Jul 20, 2011 7:37 PM
May 2011
Eka said:
Hmm... you're right about RahXephon; that was some beautiful animation for 2001. I'm going to say its a tossup between RahXephon and Eureka seveN (and not cause E7's my favorite. Honestly, its animation is gorgeous for 2005 of all times).
i noticed while watching eureka 7 its that the animation progressively got better and better,

like op1 area was good but lost detail in the distance
op2 same problem but things moved betterand fluently
op3 HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS AMAZING
op4*head bursts into flames*
Jul 20, 2011 8:33 PM

Dec 2008
Y'know I actually don't like the style of the third OP. xD But OP 4 is just *___*
Well I mean even at the start, there was a lot of detail in everything. As the plot progressed, animation did indeed get better; but there weren't hugely drastic changes to characters in terms of design since the start besides Renton and Eureka, which was nice. :3

Xam'd did a similar thing, but for its time I think it was pretty average. 'Does look mighty nice on Blu-Ray though. xD (Hey hey, that needs to be on this list! xD)
EkaJul 20, 2011 8:38 PM
Jul 20, 2011 8:39 PM
May 2011
no i dont mean the ops themselves i mean the shows quality during the op's time,

i didnt want to say seaosn 1 2 and 3 ext
Jul 21, 2011 8:53 AM

Dec 2008
Oh ok, gotcha. Yeah OP 3 area's animation then was quite gawgeous.
Aug 7, 2011 10:17 PM

Aug 2011
Eka said:
yah and it was studio ghibli quality then on past, also have you seen Xamd, im only 4 eps in but oh my god is gorgeous
Aug 12, 2011 10:38 AM

Dec 2008
longshoremanX said:
Eka said:
yah and it was studio ghibli quality then on past, also have you seen Xamd, im only 4 eps in but oh my god is gorgeous

Yeah I watched Xam'd as it aired in 2008, fantastic show. *has it on Blu-Ray* Though I would say the animation could've been better for its time.
Aug 12, 2011 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
Eka said:
longshoremanX said:
Eka said:

Yeah I watched Xam'd as it aired in 2008, fantastic show. *has it on Blu-Ray* Though I would say the animation could've been better for its time.
im still only 5 eps in but what does it dip in quality like tokyo magnitude did or what cause so far it seems pretty flawless, beside si think rahXephon deserves the vote regardless of how the animation in other ones are, i mena oh my god how did they do it back then, rahXephons animation was so ahead of its time, wish the show would get more credit
Aug 15, 2011 7:42 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not saying there are necessarily flaws in the animation (honestly, its great throughout) but compared to stuff like Casshern SINS, Tales of the Abyss, ToraDora etc., it could've been better in comparison to it's competition that year who appeared to go that extra mile in animation (in my opinion, anyways).

Though I do remember the shot of Akiyuki as a Xam'd running really fast in a pool of water towards the Humanform (in like episode 2) to be probably the only flaw in animation in the show. That was 'quality' animation; no shading and everything was drawn in such a freehand fashion. I still get weirded out when I see it.
Nov 22, 2012 7:32 PM

Jan 2012
For time it came out, Rahxephon does. I personally feel like they always have the Best animation. Usually the best animation is only found in anime movies, but I am watching Heroman right now, I am really impressed with everything... except for the parts where I go, "Oh no!! It the Spiral Tower!, Simon, I mean, Joey you have to save everyone!!" LOL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 10:57 PM

Apr 2012
Hmm, that's a hard one to pick. I think most Bones works, if not all, are above average in production value. They are really one of the most consistent studios. I'm gonna go with Wolf's Rain though, just cuz damn...the wolves are gorgeous.
Dec 8, 2012 1:31 PM

Jul 2012
i REALLY love fullmetal alchemist brotherhood it was awesome i especially love all bones anime adaptions they're the BEST!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» why does everyone think NO.6 is a yaoi

ItsSoPringles - Jun 7, 2011

12 by Animania666 »»
Jan 2, 2022 9:34 PM

» Is Tenkai Knights really by Bones?

triton6783 - Sep 6, 2013

4 by GlassShadow »»
Oct 7, 2013 2:05 AM

» Space Dandy Music Video

cyclone1993 - Oct 5, 2013

1 by Eka »»
Oct 5, 2013 8:40 PM

» Space Dandy PV Released

Eka - Aug 11, 2013

6 by Eka »»
Oct 5, 2013 9:21 AM

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

otoko-sama - Jul 12, 2008

31 by Kaizoku_Mugiwara »»
Nov 22, 2012 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.