Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2010 7:42 AM

Nov 2008
This manga is boring. It's nothing more than a poor attempt to shock the reader. I cringe sometimes when I remember some of the things I have read, such as Ichi the Killer but this manga is nothing more than showcase of various self mutilation or play with corpses. The artwork is uninspired.

Having read Death Note before this manga, despite it being released years before Death Note, they share similarities. It's as if Light suffers from multiple personality disorder and is also a psychopathic detective.

There is so much potential to come across as a shocking piece of work that pushes people out of their comfort zones but this is nothing more than an uninspired work with boring artwork.

I will be throwing this into the "standard manga garbage bin".

4/10 (Bad)
Sep 30, 2010 12:32 PM

Jun 2007
http://myanimelist.net/manga/740/MPD_Psycho/reviews
^^ this will be a much more suitable place for your review.
Oct 1, 2010 1:55 AM

Nov 2008
I think it's a great psychological thriller.It didn't bore me at all.
May 21, 2013 9:42 PM

Jul 2010
arimakenshin said:
This manga is boring. It's nothing more than a poor attempt to shock the reader. I cringe sometimes when I remember some of the things I have read, such as Ichi the Killer but this manga is nothing more than showcase of various self mutilation or play with corpses. The artwork is uninspired.

Having read Death Note before this manga, despite it being released years before Death Note, they share similarities. It's as if Light suffers from multiple personality disorder and is also a psychopathic detective.

There is so much potential to come across as a shocking piece of work that pushes people out of their comfort zones but this is nothing more than an uninspired work with boring artwork.

I will be throwing this into the "standard manga garbage bin".

4/10 (Bad)

Though I realize that my response is amazingly delayed by 2 1/2 years, I cannot help but notice that your judgement of this manga seems to be based on just reading little more than one chapter. Because if you read more than that you would realize that the plot line is infinitely more complex than Death Note.

Also, Light is a narcissist, he is not a psychopath by any means, nor does he have multiple personality disorder.

There is more to this manga than by your terminology an attempt to be shocking. Rather the 'shocking' material is used as a tool to further the plot-line.

I too think it's a great psychological thriller, I also don't think it can be particularly compared with Ichi The Killer given that both manga's are incredibly different.
May 13, 2015 3:07 PM

Jan 2014
I cant find the similiraties with Death Note either.
I am on vol.7 and what I would complain about is that it evolves from "mysterious murders" to "x-files conspiracies". Even some characters - I am talking Isono Machi - seem to drastically change (maybe from vol.4), I remember asking myself "is this the same character?"
Jun 8, 2015 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
You didnt give it a chance.

as others have said it does pretty much start out as a gore fest but later chapters get into some really interesting stuff.

Government conspiracy, sci fi, ressurection of a 60s era hippy cultural icon as a murder god ?

Im downn.

Not to mention Nishizono Tetora is bad ass.
Jun 9, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
GarudaAiacos said:
You didnt give it a chance.

as others have said it does pretty much start out as a gore fest but later chapters get into some really interesting stuff.

Government conspiracy, sci fi, ressurection of a 60s era hippy cultural icon as a murder god ?

Im downn.

Not to mention Nishizono Tetora is bad ass.

I can only imagine what happens over the course of the next 17-18 volumes (Im about 6-7 volumes in.) Seeing as Shou Tajima worked with Production I.G. on Kill Bill's O-ren segment during the time he has been working on this series, it can only get crazier and more interesting as I go along, its a shame it's taking so long to get translated.

More topics from this board

» Is Mpd Psycho translated to english from volume 12 onwards?

Lakhan_Kumar - Jul 19, 2020

8 by MagnaTrash »»
Apr 30, 7:40 PM

» I have the last 2 volumes in Spannish

AngryASpaceship - Nov 2, 2022

0 by AngryASpaceship »»
Nov 2, 2022 9:08 PM

» MPD psycho has been picked up again at chap 101

_Ace-kun_ - Nov 28, 2021

3 by katharsis_3173 »»
Apr 7, 2022 7:31 AM

» Thoughts on the ending?

NinoHaruhara - May 12, 2021

2 by NinoHaruhara »»
Dec 5, 2021 5:33 AM

» i give up

kmfcm - Nov 4, 2017

3 by NinoHaruhara »»
Sep 23, 2021 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.