Forum Settings
Forums

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible Discussion

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 6:07 PM

Oct 2022
marklebid said:
'Cheat' powers are in.
Tbf we haven't seen him use this ability except for the first time.
Don't drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits
Jul 23, 7:30 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Domvina
KingZeal said:
God Damn, I called it.

Yeah. Have to admit I'm really disappointed. Feeds into the idea of "you can only be special if you're born special". Is that something the Japanese really believe? That you can't just be an ordinary person who through hard work and sheer determination achieves? You have to have some secret power deep within that must be awakened?

I'll keep watching, but it feels like now it's just gonna fall into the typical shonen tropes much like Kaiju no 8 did by the end. Hoping I'll be wrong.
Domvina said:
Yeah. Have to admit I'm really disappointed. Feeds into the idea of "you can only be special if you're born special". Is that something the Japanese really believe? That you can't just be an ordinary person who through hard work and sheer determination achieves? You have to have some secret power deep within that must be awakened?

Remember, Japan is a very hierarchical society. They believe that society runs best if some people are allowed to rise to the top while others stay in their lane and merely do the best they can in their niche. Some people have "it", and some don't.

However, like I said, they also believe that if you work hard in your niche and put your whole heart soul into it, then there's a good chance you'll find the "it" that you had all along. They believe that everyone is born with a "spark" but only the truly devoted and dedicated will unlock it.

It's part of the reason overwork culture (to the point of literally working to death) is such a problem. You're supposed to work hard and not ask questions until your time comes. The whole point to "Kurosisekai" ("Isekai after death") is to justify the fact that even if you die without finding your cheat, there's still a chance. So don't worry about it.
Jul 23, 6:36 PM
May 2016
Reply to KingZeal
Domvina said:

Remember, Japan is a very hierarchical society. They believe that society runs best if some people are allowed to rise to the top while others stay in their lane and merely do the best they can in their niche. Some people have "it", and some don't.

However, like I said, they also believe that if you work hard in your niche and put your whole heart soul into it, then there's a good chance you'll find the "it" that you had all along. They believe that everyone is born with a "spark" but only the truly devoted and dedicated will unlock it.

It's part of the reason overwork culture (to the point of literally working to death) is such a problem. You're supposed to work hard and not ask questions until your time comes. The whole point to "Kurosisekai" ("Isekai after death") is to justify the fact that even if you die without finding your cheat, there's still a chance. So don't worry about it.
@KingZeal

Wow that's just as bad as western religions, don't worry just follow all the rules and even if your life sucks you will be rewarded in Heaven when you die, just missing the oh and don't be jealous of the cheaters who become rich and have things easy you will get to watch them burn and suffer in hell for all eternity for having it good while they were alive.
Jul 23, 6:41 PM
May 2016
I did not like that at all, it pretty much flew in the face of everything we saw in the first 3 episodes. How is this guy not a legend? One punching a dragon and saving adventurers when he was just a secretary/clerk (whatever he was)? How did him saving elf girl not give him confidence (and yeah 17? I expected her to be 170), and after that amazing show of bravery before he trained how was he always so worried? Damn I thought this had been pretty decent up until now :(
Jul 24, 1:42 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to MenchiK1
I did not like that at all, it pretty much flew in the face of everything we saw in the first 3 episodes. How is this guy not a legend? One punching a dragon and saving adventurers when he was just a secretary/clerk (whatever he was)? How did him saving elf girl not give him confidence (and yeah 17? I expected her to be 170), and after that amazing show of bravery before he trained how was he always so worried? Damn I thought this had been pretty decent up until now :(
@MenchiK1 I expect the other adventurers were asked not to spread the story, there are only a couple of witnesses after all. Even if they did, who is going to believe them?
His confidence was shattered by being repeatedly trained until he died innumerable times, which is also why he was worried all the time.
He can't use his ability at will, and he knows his ability was the only reason he killed the dragon. He was convinced he would rely on his ability (that he was waiting to manifest for a couple of decades) to succeed, rather than his own strength.
Jul 24, 4:21 AM

Nov 2021
Astral_Iguana said:
He can't use his ability at will, and he knows his ability was the only reason he killed the dragon. He was convinced he would rely on his ability (that he was waiting to manifest for a couple of decades) to succeed, rather than his own strength.

Plus didn't Reanette mention he blew his magical conduits or whatever? Maybe he can no longer us it. Or perhaps more likely it's a skill he can only use sparingly and only under specific circumstances. That, at least, would show the importance of his training so he doesn't rely on it.
The tomatoes are coming! Arm the dicer! Prepare the olive oil!
Jul 24, 6:20 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to MenchiK1
@KingZeal

Wow that's just as bad as western religions, don't worry just follow all the rules and even if your life sucks you will be rewarded in Heaven when you die, just missing the oh and don't be jealous of the cheaters who become rich and have things easy you will get to watch them burn and suffer in hell for all eternity for having it good while they were alive.
@MenchiK1

Nah it has that, too.

Except everybody in Japanese/Buddhist faith is already in a form of Hell...called life. So if you're one of those people who have life easy you'll, like, enjoy living too much and thus be doomed to reincarnate into another life where you might be less fortunate. Those hard working, abstinate, (and most importantly obedient) people, however, ascend into Boddhisatvas...or better yet....Buddhas.
Jul 24, 8:22 PM

Oct 2022
A lot of it comes from Confucianism too, which stresses living a 'harmonious' life. One of the ways you're supposed to do that is by respecting established hierarchies.

The society in Bye Bye Earth appears to be heavily modeled after these eastern philosophies were everyone is supposed to be nicely categorized into a certain specific place/role and anyone who doesn't go along with it suffers the consequences. I think that may be why the Nomads have a curse. It's like a price the world makes them pay for being able to act outside the normal boundaries that everyone else has to exist within.
Jul 29, 2:43 PM

Apr 2017
So is this legendary monster they're hunting actually going to threaten the world or are they just going to jump it and kill it while it's sleeping?

Jul 29, 2:57 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to runec
So is this legendary monster they're hunting actually going to threaten the world or are they just going to jump it and kill it while it's sleeping?

@runec Collect Magic Balls -> Summon the Ancient Dragon -> ??? -> Wish Granted
Jul 30, 3:18 AM
May 2016
OK so now it's Dragon Ball. At least her maid outfit finally maid sense.
That girl in green who joined their party had the slightest boob jiggle I have ever seen animated, you have to wonder why they even bothered if it was that subtle. Well at least someone cares that much to add such a subtle detail.
Jul 31, 11:58 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to MenchiK1
OK so now it's Dragon Ball. At least her maid outfit finally maid sense.
That girl in green who joined their party had the slightest boob jiggle I have ever seen animated, you have to wonder why they even bothered if it was that subtle. Well at least someone cares that much to add such a subtle detail.
MenchiK1 said:
At least her maid outfit finally maid sense

I see what you did there.

But a big old YIKES to the show quadrupling down on the whole "30 Year old Man dating someone half his age or more is totally normal and not creepy at all' thing.
Jul 31, 10:41 PM

Oct 2022
He trained with them for two years so she's 19 now.
3 hours ago

Oct 2022
I saw the blonde in the key art in her fighter outfit and didn't realize it's the same character as the knight girl.
2 hours ago

Oct 2022
Look like a certain green-haired lady is crushing on the Orc
1 hour ago

Feb 2019
Reply to SparkyBob
SparkyBob said:

Is it just me, or did anyone else think it was weird that she stood there and had a conversation with them right next to the guy who was harassing her just a few minutes before, as if he was just any normal guy?
49 minutes ago

Nov 2021
I couldn't finish the episode. Rick was basically just bullying Angelica while acting as if he was doing her a favour.

The series has slipped right into the typical Shonen tropes. Rick could be sixteen or sixty. It wouldn't make any difference to the plot.
The tomatoes are coming! Arm the dicer! Prepare the olive oil!
31 minutes ago
May 2016
Yup definitely wants to he Dragon Ball, now we have a tournament arc. Not like they couldn't just take the stone and leave.
And yeah why would the knight girl whose skill is with a sword enter a fist fighting tournament? I guess the author doesn't have to come up with new characters if he just recycles the old ones.
If the fights are all as boring as those 2 this WILL become Dragon ball but spelled Draggin' 9_9
8 minutes ago
Nov 2022
Reply to Domvina
I couldn't finish the episode. Rick was basically just bullying Angelica while acting as if he was doing her a favour.

The series has slipped right into the typical Shonen tropes. Rick could be sixteen or sixty. It wouldn't make any difference to the plot.
@Domvina He's learned 8 special techniques to go easy on people.

I think she greatly prefers the childish fighting game leg sweep technique to the one he used on the next guy later in the episode ...

Just standing there and taking no damage attacks from her over and over wouldn't be terribly productive for either of them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A Nobody's Way Up to an Exploration Hero Discussion

runec - Jul 6

39 by HOOfan_1 »»
1 hour ago

» Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GridironOtaku - Apr 1

132 by Galaxy-Crisis »»
2 hours ago

» Alphabetical Location Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GridironOtaku - Oct 31, 2022

411 by Gafennec »»
4 hours ago

» Anime Alphabet ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CrashAriMP5N2O - Oct 23, 2022

1004 by Gafennec »»
4 hours ago

» Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World? Discussion (Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?)

MenchiK1 - Jul 13

35 by zkeleton »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.