Forum Settings
Forums

Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
Probably generous. Mean score 7.3.

6 is where I typically land for shows that meet the bare minimum of "did I enjoy it more than I disliked it?"

Nowadays if I dislike a show or just find it not my taste, then I usually drop it, in which case I don't rate it because I don't like to pass judgment if I haven't seen the whole thing.

I bet if I went back and rewatched the older shows I have in the 6-7 range I'd probably put a lot of them lower now lol.
-Trippwire-May 5, 8:19 PM
May 6, 2:06 AM

Apr 2011
I'm a fair scorer.

or like to think so
May 6, 3:41 AM

Jan 2021
Anime has to do something very uniquely bad for me to give it sub4 score
May 6, 3:43 AM
Apr 2024
I'm very generous in scoring anime.
May 6, 3:57 AM

Feb 2008
Mean Score: 7.60. But, I no longer bother scoring series at all in the past years. I've been watching anime for more than half of my life. Series that seemed like a perfect 10 or 9 at 15 look more like a 6 or 5 in my 20s or 30s. As time goes by, perspectives change and I don't have the time to go back and re-rate everything all over again.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
May 6, 5:44 AM
May 2017
I'm right in the middle I think. Very fair, but might look harsh to some. The way most anime are created and pumped out carelessly, most are just not good tbh, so it's only natural.
May 6, 5:53 AM

Jan 2016
I am kind of a harsh scorer
Mean Score: 5.24
May 6, 5:59 AM

Sep 2015
Technically very generous, but I still blame school for skewing my perception of grading. :D

EDIT: There's one thing I'm curious about though. For the people whose mean score hangs around 5/middle/average (or god forbid even lower), how exactly do you go about picking shows to watch? Because unless you go out of your way to watch shows completely out of your comfort zone to balance out the ones you enjoy, pick shows completely at random, or you're a reviewer, it seems like the mean score should always gravitate upwards of the average. Since people usually pick out stuff that aligns with their interests, unless you're a masochist or something.
formis_sageMay 6, 6:15 AM
May 6, 6:14 AM

Jun 2010
My mean score for anime is 8.09 and manga is 7.20.

In terms of scoring, I would think that the score reflects the different aspects of the series, like the quality, presentation, storyline, character development, the authors' creativity and drawing skill, music (if it's an anime), etc. It also serves as a guide for me when picking up new series and a record of my past and present likes and dislikes.
May 6, 6:17 AM

Apr 2020
6.34. But I have tons of 6s and 7s so still quite generous
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

90 by Anjuro »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you like weak maids or strong maids?

Catalano - 41 minutes ago

4 by PeripheralVision »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think western animation is better than anime right now? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Runasius - Feb 22, 2023

191 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
26 minutes ago

» Do you unironically think that hentai can be art?

Spunkert - Mar 11

46 by Howdym8 »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.