Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2010 2:36 AM

Jan 2009
So, who do you think is the bad guy in BotI?
Basing my opinion not just on anime, but manga, too, we have three sides in this story, and each side has it's own righteous reasons to behave the way it does.
Hopefully I did not spoil anything by saying that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 7, 2010 12:13 AM
Jun 2007
Honestly, I can't think of a character in the manga that can be appropriately labeled as a "villain". Over the course of the story Samura has managed to flesh out several characters and show them in a new light - before, some characters have a specific role in the overarching plot but that changed as the story progressed and those characters stepped out of that designation and evolved into roles that cannot be put in a single category in this manga. And I think that that's the beauty of Blade of the Immortal, there's very little black and white, good and evil exclusivity because the personalities and motivations are so diverse.

If a gun was put next to my head and was asked to choose one, I'd go with Shira, not because he's a sadistic bastard, but because he's always been a deterrent to Rin and Manji's goal. He's like a cockroach that won't seem to go away no matter how hard you try to ignore it or kill it - he just pops up at the worst time possible and fuck with you.
Nov 20, 2010 5:43 PM

Sep 2009
Well Shira proudly calls himself pure evil, so imma pick him!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Blade of the Immortal Club [Cards]

LiarK - Jun 5, 2010

12 by removed-user »»
Jul 26, 2011 5:12 PM

» What do you expect from the anime?

nihil - Jan 9, 2008

10 by alarmed »»
May 16, 2008 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.