Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2023 5:49 AM
May 2018
I personally really enjoyed the journey this manga took me. I love every minute of it and I think it all makes sense.

Dec 29, 2023 5:55 AM
Nov 2023
latght said:
I personally really enjoyed the journey this manga took me. I love every minute of it and I think it all makes sense.

Yes bro u are right about it ....it is one of tue 3 dark series by Mappa and yet...it is not talked of litterally!!

and personally whole manga was ....very very wholesome
Dec 29, 2023 6:05 AM
Dec 2018
Same here. I loved this manga.
It has everything: amazing plot, likable characters, exciting fights, suspense, mysterious atmosphere, plot twists, character development, chocking scenes, and a good and wholesome ending. All of that wrapped in a beautiful art style.
The anime adaptation was also on point.
Dec 29, 2023 6:31 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I loved it as well. My main complaint was of the fake out deaths, especially towards the end, it kinda ruined the tension and some emotional moments, but all in all it is one of my favorite shonen. I feel like it’s build up to how it handles the power system, and how people get stronger is downplayed a lot and not given enough credit, I love that aspect of it. I wish the adaptation was a bit better, but it wasn’t awful at least.
Dec 29, 2023 6:46 AM
Sep 2023
MusashiKarlsefni said:
I loved it as well. My main complaint was of the fake out deaths, especially towards the end, it kinda ruined the tension and some emotional moments, but all in all it is one of my favorite shonen. I feel like it’s build up to how it handles the power system, and how people get stronger is downplayed a lot and not given enough credit, I love that aspect of it. I wish the adaptation was a bit better, but it wasn’t awful at least.

Yep the fakeout deaths are the reason I didn't give it a 10 star rating. It's like the author is saying 'look at youuu, you fell for that heh!!' after literally making you cry
Hope the anime removes them
Merra_Dec 29, 2023 9:32 AM
Dec 29, 2023 7:08 AM
Aug 2020
latght said:

the manga, yes. The anime - with all due respect is crap compared to what one can expect of a studio like mappa, especially given that this is an anime with classic sword fighting and ninja moves, things we don't get to see too often in anime nowadays. I was expecting animation and action sequences full of sakuga, stuff that would make me want to rewatch it twice or thrice atleast to relive it again. But nah, instead we get a lackluster, almost shadowless style of animation, don't know who thought that would be a great idea.
My expectations for this were kinda sky high after reading the manga, hoping that the anime would be equally enthralling, but it's nowhere near the level of the manga. To add to that, the background music is just vapid and emotionless 🙂. Given the resources and personnel mappa have they could've done a better job, but alas, as it seems, their overpacked schedule keeps preventing them from attaining the desired quality. Imo they should give this up and just let some other studio animate it if they can't fix their schedule and workload.
Dec 29, 2023 11:13 AM
Jun 2021
latght said:

I think the manga was good and definitely made sense. However the amount of flashbacks and stopping the fights for easy to understand explanations was annoying. Then with all the fakeout deaths and the weird Amnesia thing. It all took it down a few points for me
Dec 30, 2023 6:18 AM
Apr 2023
MusashiKarlsefni said:

Yeah reading a character death only for them to come back 3 to 5 chapters later hurt my immersion.
Jan 2, 10:26 PM
Mar 2022
people who like this mid story and 2D edgy characters probably are high school boys
Jan 3, 6:51 AM
Sep 2022
Overrated average dogshit shounen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Chapter 105 Discussion

TheGenkiGuy - Jul 19, 2020

4 by L1on777 »»
Apr 16, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Chapter 104 Discussion

TheGenkiGuy - Jul 13, 2020

6 by L1on777 »»
Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Chapter 103 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Mar 12, 2021

3 by L1on777 »»
Apr 14, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Chapter 102 Discussion

TheGenkiGuy - Jun 24, 2020

4 by L1on777 »»
Apr 14, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Chapter 101 Discussion

TheGenkiGuy - Jun 24, 2020

3 by L1on777 »»
Apr 13, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.