Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2023 2:39 AM
May 2022
Same question .....................
Oct 27, 2023 3:14 AM
Dec 2022
No idea. I think the whole psycho thing about his character is that you cant deduct what he is thinking. Maybe his goal was to be killed by Tenma so that he would have blood on his hands too.
Oct 27, 2023 3:18 AM
Dec 2022
ErikThomas said:
No idea. I think the whole psycho thing about his character is that you cant deduct what he is thinking. Maybe his goal was to be killed by Tenma so that he would have blood on his hands too.

I mean he wanted to be the last human alive. Which i dont know if this was his serious goal or just distopic idea that went threw his head. But the whole last man standing thing could be the city where they fought at the last eps of anime so that could be his plan to be last man standing there i guess...
Oct 27, 2023 3:27 AM
Aug 2023
Short Version:
He wanted to kill everybody on the Earth.
So he would be the last Existence on Planet.
And then he planned to commit the perfect Suicide.

(Edit: Better Interpretation! ↓↓↓↓↓)
SAMESOULS_319Oct 28, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 27, 2023 4:01 AM
Aug 2020
Also once he shifts towards the perfect suicide, it’s also his goal to prove his own belief that human life is meaningless by pushing Tenma, the type of guy who would throw his own life away to save someone else, to lose faith in his own philosophy by killing johan. You can simplify it to a battle of good and evil if you take all subtlety out of it, which would mean that Johan is hoping that his evil life view wins over tenma’s good life view.
Oct 27, 2023 4:10 AM
Jul 2021
There’s two goals he seeks, at the beginning of the story he only wants to control de economy of the country, kill people by playing with the human nature (like the kinderheim and underground bank incident) and overall manipulation and genocide of society, so he could be the last human on earth and see the end of the world, while seeking new identities by being adopted.
Then at the library when he opens the nameless monster book, he gets finally triggered by his childhood traumas, gaining conscience of that, his new goal was to wipe out his existence by killing everyone that knows him, and at the end being killed by Tenma to prove is ideology, that’s the perfect suicide.
Oct 27, 2023 7:19 AM
Dec 2022
Simple, based off what Johan was tryna do in the last arc in the little village/town where he wanted to recreate the chaos that he caused in Kinderheim here, Johan wanted to be caught by Tenma and be shot in the forehead again like he once was as a child by his sister. Why Johan wanted this was because it all ties to the rooftop game he has been teaching children for years, where its a game to test fate and if you’re chosen by fate. Johan wanted to test fate as well but in a grander scale with his own life, in order to do that he was simultaneously tryna prove his other point that all life is simply equal in is death and that even the best of people can be turned evil and corrupt, for that reason he pushed Tenma to the brink of shooting him in the forehead like how Nina/Anna did and if he were to survive such fatal shot once again, then he would certainly be the chosen one by fate.

All in all, based off all the events and clues throughout the story of monster I think this best concludes his final goal, you can also include the part where in another monster (sequel story) i think its implied that Johan after running away from the hospital in the end, starts to live a whole new kind of life or so, further meaning that he is done tryna test fate.

Reason why I believe this contrary to what most people believe is which is that he wanted to have a perfect suicide by wiping out all life or just kill off all people that knew him is because it seems more of a lie and facade than what he actually was trying to do. Johan firstly didn’t know everyone who ever knew of his identity, such as Eva, Grimmer, and with that he was leaving too many factors out for that, meaning his “perfect suicide” which is composed of killing all who knew of his existence then dying by the hands of tenma who again knows of his existence is way to illogical and makes Johans character seems idealistic and actually immature. Johan knows thats not a possibility so why would he desire that? It just doesn’t sit right with me or add up.
itzswxzyOct 27, 2023 7:24 AM
Oct 27, 2023 7:29 AM
Jan 2022
To find peace โœŒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ
Oct 27, 2023 8:42 AM
Mar 2021
Tenma was portrayed as a pure being in "Monster".
Johan wanted to prove that even Tenma can commit an evil act as mu*der by ki**ing him...
That was his perfect su*cide...
Oct 27, 2023 9:12 AM
Apr 2023
Emad0140 said:

To be the last man standing๐Ÿง
Oct 27, 2023 11:22 AM
Dec 2022
Yari_Sama said:
There’s two goals he seeks, at the beginning of the story he only wants to control de economy of the country, kill people by playing with the human nature (like the kinderheim and underground bank incident) and overall manipulation and genocide of society, so he could be the last human on earth and see the end of the world, while seeking new identities by being adopted.
Then at the library when he opens the nameless monster book, he gets finally triggered by his childhood traumas, gaining conscience of that, his new goal was to wipe out his existence by killing everyone that knows him, and at the end being killed by Tenma to prove is ideology, that’s the perfect suicide.

well said, thats pretty good summary
Oct 27, 2023 11:37 AM

Sep 2022
Yari_Sama said:

Now here is the accurate and brief description.
Oct 27, 2023 5:21 PM
Mar 2020
Initially he simply wants to kill all humans and create an evolved and superior version of them.

After meeting Tenma, he simply wants to prove him that everyone is capable of death, hence he multiple times wants Tenma to kill him to prove him right.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 28, 2023 12:51 AM
Nov 2020
Emad0140 said:

I haven’t seen it in more than 2 years now, however if I’m not mistaken I interpreted his final goal was to force the mc to kill him and in doing so prove his ideology the natural conclusion justifying the path he took in a way.
Oct 28, 2023 12:52 AM
Nov 2020
SAMESOULS_319 said:
Short Version:

This is weirdest interpretation I’ve ever heard, did you actually watch/read the series?
Oct 28, 2023 2:19 AM
Mar 2023
he wanted to prove that every human is a monster. So he tried corrupting the kindest man he knew, Tenma. He failed because tenma operated on him even after knowing all the evil things has done because tenma truly believe that all lives are equal no matter what.
Oct 28, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2022
okay so basically
Oct 28, 2023 3:37 AM
Aug 2023
Joel_Barnes said:
SAMESOULS_319 said:
Short Version:

This is weirdest interpretation I’ve ever heard, did you actually watch/read the series?

Yes, I have seen Monster and it is my absolute favorite anime - by far.
I just expressed myself pretty badly, so I'll try to explain it again:

I think that Johan's final goal was some kind of revenge against society.
He himself doesn't think he's a monster.
He believes that society made him to what he is.

Dr Tenma strongly believes that all people and all lives are equal.
In contrast to Johan:
„The only thing humans are equal in is death.”

Johan wanted to force Tenma to kill him.
If Tenma had shot Johan, he would have died the “Perfect Death”.
Tenma would have broken his principles and Johan would have proof that he is not the monster, but society - every person on this planet.

I have many other interpretations, but this one is well founded.
Oct 28, 2023 11:29 AM
May 2021
to fuck mmddude in the ass
Nov 1, 2023 1:45 PM

May 2021
Reply to -j0n
to fuck mmddude in the ass
Yeah he did that pretty good and we both came.
Nov 2, 2023 6:56 PM

Aug 2020
Make people stick through 74 episodes to know the answer.

Nov 30, 2023 1:15 PM

Jun 2016
What about that 1 additional memory that Johan has compared to Anna/Nina? Why was it so great and important to make him snap?...Supposedly, it is the one that he tells Tenma (during Tenma's hallucination) in the last episode.
Also.. why was he dressed as Anna when they came to get 1 child out of the two?!

Yari_sama said:

I loved this summary you gave! What do you think of what I am wondering? :D
Nov 30, 2023 2:34 PM
Jul 2021
yukigrein said:
What about that 1 additional memory that Johan has compared to Anna/Nina? Why was it so great and important to make him snap?...Supposedly, it is the one that he tells Tenma (during Tenma's hallucination) in the last episode.
Also.. why was he dressed as Anna when they came to get 1 child out of the two?!

Yari_sama said:

Well you see, after the mother of johan and Nina escaped from Bonaparta, she went to live with both her kids in the frogs house, so she dressed both as girls so that neighbors and other people wouldn’t snitch on her to the government, which unfortunately happened :/.
She then needed to decide which kid to let go to the rose mansion, and it was Nina, was it on purpose? Did she knew which one was johan and Nina ? Was she confused and gave the wrong child? This ultimately gave johan some serious existential crises, combined with the lack of personality he had since birth which he didn’t had a name for, he was force to live dressed as Nina, so he didn’t had any personality or identity, this caused him to be bonded so deeply with Nina, the two of them were the same person, both in physical and metal, so when Nina came back from the rose mansion and told Johan the truth about the experiments, Johan took the traumas of Nina’s as if it were him experiencing them firsthand.

Any other question? Hope that helps, Johan and monster are very complex overall.
Dec 1, 2023 9:04 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to Yari_Sama
yukigrein said:

Yari_sama said:

Well you see, after the mother of johan and Nina escaped from Bonaparta, she went to live with both her kids in the frogs house, so she dressed both as girls so that neighbors and other people wouldn’t snitch on her to the government, which unfortunately happened :/.
She then needed to decide which kid to let go to the rose mansion, and it was Nina, was it on purpose? Did she knew which one was johan and Nina ? Was she confused and gave the wrong child? This ultimately gave johan some serious existential crises, combined with the lack of personality he had since birth which he didn’t had a name for, he was force to live dressed as Nina, so he didn’t had any personality or identity, this caused him to be bonded so deeply with Nina, the two of them were the same person, both in physical and metal, so when Nina came back from the rose mansion and told Johan the truth about the experiments, Johan took the traumas of Nina’s as if it were him experiencing them firsthand.

Any other question? Hope that helps, Johan and monster are very complex overall.
@Yari_Sama You're right, I forgot about the episode of the neighbours recalling only 1 child!!!!! Now I remember and everything makes sense!

and so well said again!!! Thank u so much *-*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 10, 2008

147 by JoaoPedru »»
May 24, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 12, 2008

109 by BerserkGUTS »»
May 22, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trie - Mar 10, 2008

435 by Spyral_Grayson »»
May 20, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by FinLuke »»
May 20, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 7, 2008

109 by tectacles »»
May 19, 2:55 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.