Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2023 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
Anyone else feel like there's something missing in this manhwa? Art is absolutely out of this world, but it somehow doesn't really pull you in story-wise (it took me like 40 chapters to start caring about any characters). I can't really put my finger on it too, I would say somehow plot feels a little all over the place and as much as it is interesting, it also seems a bit too complex (and I feel like none of it is really explained, most manhwa explains systems and worlds very clearly), which just kind of makes you feel like you don't really know what the story is about at all (and where it is going).
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2023 6:54 PM

Feb 2012
HDVision said:
Anyone else feel like there's something missing in this manhwa? Art is absolutely out of this world, but it somehow doesn't really pull you in story-wise (it took me like 40 chapters to start caring about any characters). I can't really put my finger on it too, I would say somehow plot feels a little all over the place and as much as it is interesting, it also seems a bit too complex (and I feel like none of it is really explained, most manhwa explains systems and worlds very clearly), which just kind of makes you feel like you don't really know what the story is about at all (and where it is going).
I gave up on this work, I read 63 chapters and almost nothing was explained in the work, the only thing we know is that he is in the world of the "dead" who are not really dead, we do not know where he will go if he "breaks" the wall of this world. we don't know what monarchs are, we don't know what they want with the MC, and apparently monarchs are not that "monarchs", if each of the 7 great monarchs command 3 more classes of monarchs, there is so much "monarch" in this work that the name lost the impact for me in this work. They used that term "monarch" to ride the Solo Leveling bandwagon but that was just to fool the public.

May 13, 2023 8:01 AM
Nov 2011
Yeah I agree, with this webtoon a lot of high level ideas and themes which aren't always explained as well as they could be. In addition the naming convention leads to a of of confusing (everyone's a monarch). I imagine the original Korean makes a bit more sense around this aspect.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The World After the Fall Chapter 120 Discussion

heartwyrm - Apr 2

1 by MidnightStar5 »»
May 24, 12:32 PM

Poll: » The World After the Fall Chapter 102 Discussion

yuu1light - Dec 1, 2023

0 by yuu1light »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:41 AM

» The world after the Fall Chapter 101 Discussion

axius9 - Nov 25, 2023

2 by Kawaii_swan »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:26 AM

Poll: » The World After the Fall Chapter 89 Discussion

Dariux_GG - Aug 31, 2023

1 by skualninja »»
Sep 2, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » The World After the Fall Chapter 74 Discussion

TheOneKiller5241 - May 15, 2023

2 by Nauvul »»
May 15, 2023 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.