Forum Settings
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 4, 2022 6:35 PM
Nov 2016
After binging TBATE from chapter 161 in the manga (novel ~122) to chapter 403 in the novel, in a week,i wanna jump into the novel fromThe Eminence in Shadow as well. Just read chapter 45.
So, anyone knows which chapter in the web novel the manga chapter 45 is at ? The internet doesn't help much. Just a bunch of folks asking similar questions for earlier chapters on reddit.
Oct 4, 2022 11:51 PM
Oct 2022
The web novel and light novel actually diverge shortly before manga ch 45, so if you want to continue with the same arc you should be reading the light novel. Manga ch 45 corresponds to the beginning of v4 ch 3 in the light novel.
If you want to read the web novel, then you should start reading from ch 144 or a little earlier, since that's where the plot diverges. That part in the web novel is the end of the John Smith arc, which is ch 40 in the manga. There might be some minor plot differences beforehand (I don't remember all the details to compare the two), but the totally different story arc starts there.
Oct 5, 2022 6:12 AM
Nov 2016
Thanks.
But why the difference between web and light novel ? Which one should i read now ? Totally unnecessary.
Oct 5, 2022 6:43 AM

Jan 2017
BlueSnow93 said:
Thanks.
But why the difference between web and light novel ? Which one should i read now ? Totally unnecessary.

Web Novels are written by amateurs.
It's peoples like you and me who choose to improvise themselves as authors.
They then publish it for free on specialized sites that allow a lot of people to read such stories for free too.

Some of them (A lot in the recent years) attracts the eyes of professional publishing companies , and propose the author to sign a contract with them to create a better version of his stories by fixing "mistakes" done in the story due to the author being a beginner.
They then sell this revamped version.

You can read the Web Novel , as it's assured to be further in the story than the Anime/Manga/Light Novel , and a lot of them are accessible for free even in English.
But in 99% of the cases , the Light Novel will be a superior version with many more details/feelings due to how much people work on it. (Light Novels are also often officially licensed in English , which means a professional translation with the possibility to get a physical copy)
Overall , you can consider the Web Novel version as a draft of the story that then get polished and enhanced in the Light Novel one.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 5, 2022 7:50 AM
Nov 2016
Alright. Thanks again.
Oct 6, 2022 7:45 AM
May 2021
Alexioos95 said:
BlueSnow93 said:
Thanks.

Web Novels are written by amateurs.
It's peoples like you and me who choose to improvise themselves as authors.
They then publish it for free on specialized sites that allow a lot of people to read such stories for free too.

Some of them (A lot in the recent years) attracts the eyes of professional publishing companies , and propose the author to sign a contract with them to create a better version of his stories by fixing "mistakes" done in the story due to the author being a beginner.
They then sell this revamped version.

You can read the Web Novel , as it's assured to be further in the story than the Anime/Manga/Light Novel , and a lot of them are accessible for free even in English.
But in 99% of the cases , the Light Novel will be a superior version with many more details/feelings due to how much people work on it. (Light Novels are also often officially licensed in English , which means a professional translation with the possibility to get a physical copy)
Overall , you can consider the Web Novel version as a draft of the story that then get polished and enhanced in the Light Novel one.

Yep Light novel will remain superior

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Chapter 64 Discussion

Jesse-kun - May 24

0 by Jesse-kun »»
May 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Chapter 63 Discussion

Jsandesu - Apr 30

3 by Apratim »»
May 1, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Chapter 43 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Jul 30, 2022

5 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 4, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Chapter 62 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Apr 3

2 by Apratim »»
Apr 4, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Chapter 35 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Nov 30, 2021

3 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 4, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.