Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2022 1:49 PM
Jul 2021
Hi ppl, idk how many of u still lurk on Erased's discussion pages for u to see this but I am in need of a favour

Could you possibly recommend animes like this one that will give me the same soul-shattering experience as Erased did? Shows that are deeply moving, with dark themes and a decent unsuspecting plot twist will suffice.

Thanks <3
Feb 16, 2022 2:01 PM
Dec 2020
teezpussy said:
Hi ppl, idk how many of u still lurk on Erased's discussion pages for u to see this but I am in need of a favour

Could you possibly recommend animes like this one that will give me the same soul-shattering experience as Erased did? Shows that are deeply moving, with dark themes and a decent unsuspecting plot twist will suffice.

Thanks <3

steins gate and relife they arent exactly like it but they give the same kind of vibe
Being human is making mistakes.
Feb 16, 2022 2:08 PM
Jun 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

Steins gate is a good one.
Feb 16, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

it's not exactly alike but bunny girl senpai had kinda the same aspect. and Akame ga kill is the most impactful anime iv watched.
hope I helped 🤝🏻
Feb 16, 2022 2:33 PM
Jan 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

'Link Click' or 'Shiguang Dailiren' fits that description very well. It's a time travel thriller like erased and it has a lot of suspense/cliffhangers.
Feb 16, 2022 2:47 PM
May 2021
Summertime Rendering has a very similar concept. That is, when the anime comes out next season.
Feb 16, 2022 2:49 PM

Mar 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

Considering you already watched Re:Zero too, I would personally recommend:

Steins;Gate - legitimately one of the best pieces of fiction that portrays the concept of time travel. If you ever wish to, do give the Visual Novel aka the source material a try too, has more timeline stuff that the anime adaptation didn't cover.

And Link Click - a Chinese donghua actually, I'm pretty sure you'll like it a ton too if you did with Erased. A very "fresh" (dunno how to describe it lol) display of time travel.
Feb 16, 2022 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
Jakid0 said:
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

'Link Click' or 'Shiguang Dailiren' fits that description very well. It's a time travel thriller like erased and it has a lot of suspense/cliffhangers.

I second this. It’s the closest thing to it imo. But as for time travel, there’s also Charlotte and Tokyo revengers.
Discord/ Instagram/ Reddit: @martin19_m
Gaming: atheleticgirl01
Feb 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Sep 2021
alex_xx_lost said:
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

it's not exactly alike but bunny girl senpai had kinda the same aspect. and Akame ga kill is the most impactful anime iv watched.
hope I helped 🤝🏻

no o no n o n o dont repeat my mistake and watch bunny girl senpai do not
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Feb 16, 2022 3:17 PM
Mar 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

Tokyo revengers is very similar to erased
Feb 16, 2022 4:13 PM
Jul 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

on top of what everyone else said. I guess orange has a similar vibe to it. Time travel with a dark tone to it.
Feb 16, 2022 4:15 PM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020
Tokyo Revengers follows pretty much the same plot as ERASED, so I'm sure you'll enjoy that.
I pretend I'm funny
Feb 16, 2022 4:44 PM
Dec 2021
arcast said:
alex_xx_lost said:

hope I helped 🤝🏻

why not? I thought it was good.
Feb 16, 2022 6:27 PM
May 2021
Well my first thought is Tokyo Revengers. I absolutely love time-travel/leap anime so I loved Erased and TR, despite many comments on TR’s crunchyroll episodes making fun of it for being “just like Erased” or “Erased 2.0”.

But I loved it for what it was. It really hits you in your feels for several scenes, it makes you really like every character and see qualities in every character, as well as give you some slice-of-life elements. Oh yeah, I also loves when typical shonen has Slice of life elements, it adds more soul to it.

If you enjoyed Erased, I’m pretty sure you would enjoy TR, it’s a good show IMO and it really dives deeper into its characters, despite what others think of the MC. So if you want something with high action, a good soundtrack, good voice-acting, fine story, good characters, banger OP and ending and something that can also hit you in the feels, I would say Tokyo Revengers.
Feb 16, 2022 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Erased is about the same quality as mars of destruction.
Feb 16, 2022 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
alex_xx_lost said:
arcast said:

why not? I thought it was good.

Wdf bunny girl senpai its pretty good
Feb 16, 2022 7:33 PM
Dec 2021
Erased is pretty meh in my opinion (to each their own of course). That said, I’d seen steins gate already and there all definitely some similarities so I couldn’t help but feel erased came up short in comparison. Give steins gate a try! I will warn you, it starts off pretty dull. The first 10 or so episodes are easier to appreciate in hindsight, but for a first watch through it’s just a drag to get to the good stuff. Definitely recommend it tho
Feb 16, 2022 7:40 PM
May 2021
Steins Gate, Re: Zero, Tokyo Revengers and Link Click. Steins; Gate is the king and all of these including Erased were inspired by it lol. I also don't care for Tokyo Revengers at all but it's very similar to Erased.
Feb 16, 2022 7:45 PM
Apr 2021
Made in abyss is probably something you'd like.
Feb 16, 2022 8:03 PM

Aug 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

Stein's Gate
Re Zero
Tokyo Revengers

Yeah, the world would be dark without Light...
but without L, the world would just be a Word...
Feb 16, 2022 8:27 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to the correct board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Feb 16, 2022 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
children who chase lost voices is a good one
Feb 16, 2022 10:05 PM
Jul 2021
steins gate is a good choice
Feb 16, 2022 11:49 PM
Feb 2022
Tokyo revengers sounds just for you!
Feb 17, 2022 3:23 AM
Sep 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

Dude watch steins gate and madoka magica espacially madoka magica it had a very dark twist
Feb 17, 2022 4:08 AM
Dec 2020
As someone who watched Erased and really enjoyed it, I highly recommend Tokyo Revengers. It's very popular and also disliked by many, but don't let those comments deceive you. I'm watching it myself and I'm over halfway through it, and I can guarantee that you will feel the same about it as with Erased. It has the time travel aspect and mature themes. Sorry for the lengthy comment 😅
Feb 17, 2022 4:10 AM
Dec 2020
martin19_m said:
Jakid0 said:

I second this. It’s the closest thing to it imo. But as for time travel, there’s also Charlotte and Tokyo revengers.
Tokyo Revengers feels very similar to Erased. Highly recommend it.
Feb 17, 2022 4:15 AM
Jan 2022
Re:Zero
ReLife
Stiens gate
Anohana
Tokyo Revengers
Charlotte
Link Click (Chinese animation)
Feb 17, 2022 5:54 AM

Jan 2021
I think Steins gate, Terror in resonance and Charlotte can give you the same kinda experience like Erased.
Feb 17, 2022 10:26 AM
Nov 2021
Hello,teez, i watched Charlotte after Erased and boths are satisfying and exciting!!
Feb 17, 2022 1:11 PM
Jun 2021
Re life i would sa its more romance type but very good
Feb 17, 2022 2:18 PM
Feb 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

Grave of the fireflies
Will leave you broken
Feb 17, 2022 2:47 PM
Nov 2021
can't think of anything at the moment, maybe death note.
Feb 18, 2022 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

'Another' is an anime that I watched for Erased's feel and its worth watching,you will get feel after 1-2 episode
Feb 18, 2022 1:37 PM
May 2020
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

I’ve got some old ones for you:
Kimi no iru machi
H20 Footprints in the sand
Myself yourself
Feb 18, 2022 5:29 PM
Feb 2020
teezpussy said:

Thanks <3

For any one who will see this:

If you are going to act on these 2 recommendations below:

Do not read reviews, episode discussions, watch youtube video channels or let yourself see or hear any spoilers. It's best to not even read the synopsis posted here on MyAnimeList.

The Promised Neverland Season 1

what you're asking for, what you want, what you yearn for... you will find it in The Promised Neverland Season 1.

Gakkougurashi! aka School-Live!

I have read your opening post 4 times. Once yesterday. And three times today. I say this to let you know without giving away a single spoiler, this anime: School Live! has every single thing you want.

The best way to watch Gakkougurashi! / School-Live! is to go to whichever anime subscription service you are a member of or to buy your blu-ray or DVDs and just click play and begin to watch Episode 1 blind. Without reading or knowing a single thing about the anime. (And when you do start watching, stay far away from the episode discussions, forums, etc.

I do not recommend Charlotte or Tokyo Revengers to any one who values writing quality.
Feb 21, 2022 12:17 PM
Mar 2021
Parasyte the maxim. Since I have watched both I kinda got the same depressive and worry vibes.The Promised Neverland as well

More topics from this board

» NEED incest manga/manhua anything recommendations

Introvert_ShutIN - 2 hours ago

2 by Huskyhulk »»
36 minutes ago

» Chuunibyou recs?

askeroot - 8 hours ago

8 by Ohayotaku »»
2 hours ago

» Manga similar in tone and themes to Fear & Hunger, the videogame?

ninja666 - Jun 17

2 by ninja666 »»
5 hours ago

» What's the best hentai plot ever?

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

2 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» 14 Anime with Angels - 5 with Real Angels - 9 with Normal Angels

NASHILUKA - Jul 23, 2022

10 by Anim3Punk »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.