Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2021 12:11 AM
Nov 2020
I notice many (potentially) deep metaphors relating to the cycle of life, death, rebirth and other spiritual and religious references, but I also can't put together the whole story, as I can't tell if the metaphors are intentional, or if I'm making alot of something out of nothing. Is there a single meaning to the whole thing, or is it an "open to interpretation" type of thing?
She felt like Heaven, but I'm sure she was in Hell.
Jul 23, 2021 12:47 AM

Feb 2020
The metaphors are definitely intentional, but as far as I know, the creators didn't release any "official meaning", so all we can do is interpret them.
Jul 23, 2021 1:37 AM
Nov 2020
mazuchi said:
The metaphors are definitely intentional, but as far as I know, the creators didn't release any "official meaning", so all we can do is interpret them.
I kinda like that though. I love obscure stuff this. Any similar suggestions? Dementia tag material I suppose? I recently watched Paranoia Agent and loved it, I've seen the other usual suggestions, paprika, Serial Experiments Lain, perfect blue, mind game, genius party, something along these lines are my favorite types of series. Psychological, abstract, obscure stuff basically.
ScreamInAnguishJul 23, 2021 1:41 AM
Jul 23, 2021 1:53 AM

Feb 2020
ScreamInAnguish said:
mazuchi said:
I kinda like that though. I love obscure stuff this. Any similar suggestions? Dementia tag material I suppose?

Yeah, I like going through the Dementia page and pick something that looks interesting. The relations of this club could also be interesting to you. Finally a personal recommendation, my favorite anime The Tatami Galaxy. The plot is fairly straightforward, but the art style and story structure are pretty unique. It was directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who also worked on Nekojiru-sou.
Jul 23, 2021 2:03 AM
Nov 2020
mazuchi said:
ScreamInAnguish said:
I kinda like that though. I love obscure stuff this. Any similar suggestions? Dementia tag material I suppose?

Yeah, I like going through the Dementia page and pick something that looks interesting. The relations of this club could also be interesting to you. Finally a personal recommendation, my favorite anime The Tatami Galaxy. The plot is fairly straightforward, but the art style and story structure are pretty unique. It was directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who also worked on Nekojiru-sou.
Woohoo first club. It's right up my alley, and that Tatami Galaxy, definitely unique artstyle, but again, right on the nose. I'll definitely be checking it out. I highly appreciate the recommendation! Thank you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cat Soup Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 30, 2008

170 by cooldogmom »»
Jul 30, 2023 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.