Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2020 11:19 PM

Jun 2015
The other day I was looking back at Eureka Seven and how awesome that show was for me when I first stumbled upon it one night in the middle of a climactic moment between two characters.

When I finally found out, years later, that it was on Netflix and it was that exact show I was searching for since the moment I first witnessed it (even searching the show title on Google and saving the Wikipedia article on the exact episode I saw according to the TV Guide and comparing them all later) and when I watched it, finally completing it on Christmas morning, I knew it to be one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Now my experience won't match any of yours if you decide to watch it, but it's one of those shows I think is underrated and not regarded enough as a must-see anime. I'd love for you guys to check it out! The show is 50 episodes long (think of it as 4 season that are each around 12 episode or so) and is chock full of anime goodness including a clean art pallet, splendid coming of age tale, thick mix of music references, airborne mechs, wind surfing, alien eradication, ex-military outlaw journalism, vague religious symbolism, and a ragtag bunch of colorful adventurers. It's romantic as it is adventurous.

I'd also like to highlight Hunter X Hunter (2011) too. My gf just started watching it and she's already around the low-mid 20s in episodes and she's loving it. I've noticed whenever I get on MAL, watch an anime YouTuber, or browse any of the anime subreddits I notice there's a lot of people who love this show and rarely do I, if ever, notice anyone bring up any bad qualities to the table about it either. I haven't quite finished it, but I'm nearly there to episode 90. It's impressed me so much as a shounen anime and in comparison to its other long running anime contemporaries from the same brand HXH blows them all outta the water. I love it. It's awesome. I don't have to finish it to say it's one of my favorite shows. If any of ya'll wanna take on a longer show and commit to that rather than 5 mediocre anime back-to-back then give this one a look ASAP.

Let me know if you decide to watch either of these or have anything to add!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.