Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2017 3:01 PM
Dec 2017
I would like to start a discussion topic on why there's so little josei anime compare to other demograpgics and wish there was a lot more. Maybe as many as seinen anime. Which josei manga would you like to see get an anime adaptation. I mean nowadays it's more likely to get a live action movie or tv show than an anime. I would like to see another anime like Kids of the Slope, Princess Jellyfish or Shouwa Genroku Rakugo series. Josei manga I wish would get an anime adaptation is Love at 14 or a sport series for women.
SlybutterflyJan 3, 2018 12:34 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 28, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2010
That is a good question. I think the contents of Josei manga/anime can be a little too mature for the majority of the anime audience.
Dec 28, 2017 8:39 AM
Dec 2017
Well that's a shame. Josei has so much potential, it could rival with seinen if adapted the right ones.
Mar 2, 2022 6:12 PM
Dec 2017
Simply put for one reason, its guys wanting to see what guys want fuck anything seen as cutesy or girly or else you're a pussy as one such reason pretty sad really

Feb 19, 2023 7:07 AM

Dec 2022
Crow_Black said:
Simply put for one reason, its guys wanting to see what guys want fuck anything seen as cutesy or girly or else you're a pussy as one such reason pretty sad really

Lol correct.

Let me belabor the topic.
1) Josei is mostly made by women, the story centers around the life of female characters, and they discuss mature topics in a way that seinen doesn't...?

Seinen fiddles with fantasy, mystery, thriller and action. Whereas Josei concentrates on drama, slice of life and, more often than not, romance.
These genres are not preferred by men. (Read this article about Gender and movie preferences)

2) the sloppy art.

Although I wholeheartedly adore Josei more than the rest of the demographics, I admit that most Josei art is NOT enticing [at all]. :sad:
(In exception of Nana, Chihayafuru, Kimi ni Todoke and some other few)

Let's say 7SEEDS, Gokusen, Nodame Cantabile. They are some of the best or classics, yet... eh... the art is nothing compared to, let's say, Shingeki no Kyojin (to be honest SnK art is inconsistent especially in the very beginning, but the author managed to level up his drawing skill)
A manga requires an exquisitely God-entry level of art to kindle le weebs. And yes, like what Crow_Black said, the cutesy and girly female chars are the part of the success. Or goth girls ._. yep.

Look. If you want lobely saccharine induced lobe stories, you read Shoujo. If you need ecchi, fun and adventurous friendship is magic, you grab Shounen. Mature suspense? it's Seinen for you. Kiddie stuffs, Kodomomuke.
Then why the hell does Josei exist??
Idk.
For me, I just want to add more drama and tears into my lonely little life.
Or perhaps, I'm getting old, and becoming a stereotypical mom who enjoys watching TLC dramas.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Hoping to cause a ripple in our club~

coolcaterpillar - Aug 15, 2017

4 by gigglingviolence »»
Nov 25, 2018 12:21 PM

Sticky: » Introductions (Say "hello"!)

Seven777greeN - Jan 9, 2013

9 by Slybutterfly »»
Jan 3, 2018 12:30 PM

» What are your favorite Josei manga magazines?

Slybutterfly - Dec 25, 2017

0 by Slybutterfly »»
Dec 25, 2017 7:53 PM

Sticky: » New Recommendations

Seven777greeN - Jan 6, 2013

13 by katedadevil »»
Feb 14, 2016 12:18 AM

» Favorite song(s) from a josei series

Seven777greeN - Jan 29, 2013

4 by Prince_Utena »»
Feb 27, 2015 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.