Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2008 6:02 AM

Jan 2008
Well, this topic serves the purpose of finding out and discussing, which manga by Morinaga-sensei is your favourite and why.

Here's the list of works I know about:

Amai Kuchibiru
Bunny's Road
Chocolate Kiss Kiss
Girl Friends
Koi no Susume
Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo
- Even if we're not Friends
- The Summer Closest to Heaven
- A Kiss, Love and a Prince
- This Love From I Can't Remember When
- Cherries for Your Lips
- If I Kiss Her Ring Finger
Real Love
Tsuki ni Negai Wo

The list definetely ain't complete, so you're welcome to fill in any gaps I may have left behind when making it. Also when stating your favourite manga, it doesn't have to be precisely one one-shot or a whole tankoubon. For example my favourite storyline is about Hitomi and Nana (although lately Girl Friends started closing the gap between the two, 'cause the story is longer and there's more space for character and relationship development, but still no yuri, so Hitomi and Nana win! :D), but their story is depicted in Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo as much as in Chocolate Kiss Kiss and Tsuki ni Negai wo. So feel free to combine as long as the result has some logic into it ;).

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 9, 2008 9:09 AM

Oct 2007
I love the storyline Hitomi x Nana too. But Girl Friends have great potential to be a worthy opponent... :) and why do I like them? cause they´re so damn cute :D especially when they´re together...
Then the pairing from Cherries for Your Lips is good too. Too bad it didn´t continue...
And the last is Koi no Susume. Adult relationships are hard to be found, furthermore Yuri relationships, so you just have to like it... ;)
Actually I like all his work, but those 3 are my favs.

I found another manga called Mare, but nothing to it. just the name and cover on baka-upadates... :(
tuskoMar 9, 2008 3:14 PM

Mar 13, 2008 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
Lol... It has been a long time since I visited lililicious and searched for some new yuri manga - way too much work with the web - but I really liked Even if we're not Friends and If I Kiss Her Ring Finger. I will go and check out the other works (some I have already read, but most of them somehow slipped my attention, lolz) - right after I will finish Mnemosyne OVAs. ;p
Apr 3, 2008 9:13 PM
Jan 2008
For me it would be A Kiss, Love and a Prince. Can't believe the baka sempai is one of the popular girls in school. Hitomi and Nana is also cute, but Abe-chan and Tachibana-sempai really stands out for supporting characters in this book.
Apr 6, 2008 8:57 AM

Oct 2007
So, got the winner. After reading all Yuri Shimai and Yuri Hime magazines, series Even If We Are Not Firends - If I Kiss Her Finger - Wishing On The Moon - Chocolate Kiss Kiss is the best. I haven't read anything better from her yet (and I have to admitt I have loved this series from the moment I took it into my *imaginary* hands). ;p
Apr 7, 2008 5:50 AM

Feb 2008
I'm seriously in love with Hitomi x Nana. My favourite one is Even if we're not friends. I have read it many many times in these 4 years ^__^
Apr 7, 2008 10:09 AM

Oct 2007
I love all four of them, but the most If I Kiss Her Finger... I can see there their love the most. 8p
Apr 8, 2008 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, I think so too, If I Kiss Her Ring Finger is definetely the best one. Even if we're not friends is superb, but since it serves as an introduction chapter, there isn't enough space for the actual yuri and depiction of Nana X Hitomi as a pair. On the other hand the later ones, Chocolate Kiss Kiss and Tsuki ni Negai wo just kinda... keep the standard. Chocolate Kiss Kiss was sweet and all but didn't really leave such an impression or rather impact like If I Kiss Her Ring Finger did, and as for the Tsuki ni Negai wo, this one had kinda strange feeling into it. Maybe because it was the first chapter from the viewpoint of Hitomi, but nevertheless it was kinda bittersweet rather then usuall Nana sweet, but refreshing and great nevertheless ^^. I guess that's just the way Hitomi felt...
Apr 14, 2008 1:06 AM

Oct 2007
Well... I wrote a lot, clicked on the big blue "Post Message" button, and... 404 fun page happened. I don't really want to write everything once again, so I will just say that imo Tsuki ni Negai wo is great especifically because it is put from the view of Hitomi (you have to love that scene where she wakes up in the middle of the night to look at her mobile phone). It shows her not only as the ever-confident blond angel, but also as a girl not so sure about herself and the reality of her situation. Or like we say in nihon-go, mechakucha kawaii, soshite chotto tsundere, nee (and just so you would know, I don't warranty the corectness of the previous possibly pseudo-Japanese words, lol).
Jul 24, 2008 3:01 PM

Sep 2007
yeah, it's mecha-mecha, mechakucha means messed up ;D

as for my fav KTS story, it would most probably be The Summer Closest to Heaven
it simply had a great emotional and heartwarming impact on me :)
TurkishSep 2, 2008 4:42 AM
Oct 16, 2008 3:42 PM
Jun 2008
Even If We're Not Friends/If I Kiss Her Ring Finger/Chocolate Kiss Kiss/Wishing On the Moon.

The Nana x Hitomi series is seriously Morinaga Milk's high point. Great, well-rounded characters, the art peaked, the stories are all sweet and funny and heartwarming.

Love Nana and Hitomi!!
Aug 21, 2009 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
My favorite is Girlfriends, with the Hitomi x Nana storyline second. Mostly because Girldfriends is such a sweet love story. Hitomi x Nana is more intense and could get to first depending on what she does with each storyline in the future.
Sep 15, 2009 6:10 AM

Mar 2009
I really really really love the Hitomi x Nana plotline, I hope Morinaga-sensei keeps on writing stories for those two or perhaps make a series! And then Girl Friends goes on second =D I really like Morinaga-sensei's comedy, XDD

Credits to: CanityoPOKES @ Karaholic.com
Avatar Credits to: Flower of the Qlipoth
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Girl Friends

Saeai - Apr 1, 2008

37 by veryberry »»
Oct 30, 2012 4:41 AM

» More titles to add

KJacket - May 21, 2009

4 by kotenshi »»
Jan 5, 2010 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.