Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2015
I have been watching a lot of anime lately involving characters losing their memories in some fashion. So here is a would-you-rather type question based on some of my thoughts: Would you rather lose all of your memories or have everyone else lose all of their memories of you? [When I say lose all your memories I just mean pertaining to your relationships. For example, you don't remember your family and friends but you still remember how to read and do math and junk]

I would personally chose for everyone else to lose their memories of me

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 1, 2015 10:55 AM

Mar 2015
If the memory loss implies that you yourself don't know who your parents and friends are then I would say that I should lose my memory.

Because then everyone can remind me, and if I still keep my characteristics it would not be that hard to become friends again with everyone.

Everyone losing their memory of me however would mean that I would have multiple people to remind, making my chances to be able to be with those who knew me much, much harder.
Dec 1, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2015
That's an interesting and practical way to think. However, just establishing proof that you are have some relationship with a person doesn't mean you will feel the same about them as before . If you lose your memories are you still really the same person they knew or are you someone different now. You would definitely not act and think the same way because people's personalities are shaped by their experiences.

Sorry for getting all philosophical and thanks for posting on my weird topic.
Dec 1, 2015 1:38 PM

Mar 2015
Well, it depends if you mean that you would forget the names and faces of your friends or every experience you have ever had with them. If that were the case you would mentally be around 10 years old, which would be a problem but I still think it's better than loosing everyone important to you.

Maybe you would not be the same person as before but not having friends or family care about you really takes it's toll on your Psyche.
ericwiiDec 1, 2015 1:42 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What manga do you wish to have it's own anime?

ericwii - Nov 18, 2015

6 by ericwii »»
Mar 4, 2016 2:27 PM

» 1st thing you think of ( 1 2 )

Twigomate - Nov 21, 2015

67 by Twigomate »»
Dec 14, 2015 12:39 AM

» Favorite Anime Openings And Endings

PRIDEMALKIN - Nov 25, 2015

7 by Kuniumi_Gin »»
Dec 8, 2015 11:40 PM

» What Anime Do You Feel Needs Another Season?

PRIDEMALKIN - Nov 14, 2015

9 by NoNameNoName000 »»
Dec 8, 2015 1:27 PM

» List of RomComs watched

AyakaNeko - Jul 20, 2014

6 by kyuniekai »»
Nov 15, 2015 7:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.