Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2014 6:47 PM
Oct 2013
I'm looking for some good series that can make me care about the characters and make me laugh. Or just make me laugh like "Danshi Kokousei Nichijou", but I can't really find anything that is good right now. I'm trying to watch "Aku No Hana" but I can't stand the main character social retardness and started watching Yuushibu and denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko but I didn't find them entertaining enough. Both of them make me wanna break everything for the cliché anime stuff. I just finished the last episode of Persona 4:Golden The Animation and saw the Persona 3 movie that I somehow missed today and I don't really know what to see. I like romantic stuff too, like Kotonoha no Niwa but I can't find anything like that.
Pls no waifu animes.
Thanks for reading and sorry for the bad english, since I'm a not native speaker.

Edit: By the way I ask this here because on the recommendation thingy on P4's page, there are all adventure/fighting or however you wanna call it animes.
ShadowSaintsAug 3, 2014 6:55 PM
Aug 3, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
If you want stuff like P4A, you're asking for rushed Anime adaptations of Video Games.

Anyways you don't have a list so here's a bunch of random ones:

Noragami
Kill la Kill
Tengenn Toppa Gurenn Lagann
No Game, No Life
Mondaiji Tachi
Mirai Nikki - Thriller, violent
Angel Beats
Beyond the Boundary
xDarkraiAug 3, 2014 7:31 PM
Aug 3, 2014 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
xRatatosk said:
If you want stuff like P4A, you're asking for rushed Anime adaptations of Video Games.

In a sense.

It's hard finding something like that specific anime bcuz it's almost literally the game (which is absolutely outstanding btw), just in anime format.

ShadowSaints said:
I'm looking for some good series that can make me care about the characters and make me laugh

There are anime fitting this criteria but there's so many one could list. Since your list on your profile is empty, we also have no way of knowing what you've seen or what would be best to recommend for you.
Aug 3, 2014 7:39 PM
Oct 2013
xRatatosk said:

Anyways you don't have a list so here's a bunch of random ones:

Noragami
Kill la Kill
Tengenn Toppa Gurenn Lagann
No Game, No Life
Mondaiji Tachi
Mirai Nikki - Thriller, violent
Angel Beats
Beyond the Boundary

Thanks. I want stuff that can actually make you laugh or are interesting, I mentioned Aku No Hana for a reason and is that I don't want people to mention edgy animes like Mirai Nikki.
Also I specially expressed that I don't want any "waifu animes", you know, cliché pantsu shit and you send me, guess what? Cliché pantsu/eechi shit. I just named "Anime like P4:A?" because I liked it and it's one of the animes that I most enjoyed.(Not the best, but yeah, I enjoyed it a lot) I'm not asking for much, like, I'm not asking for something like The Tatami Galaxy.
Anyway, thanks for trying.
Aug 3, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
Terrato said:
xRatatosk said:

In a sense.

It's hard finding something like that specific anime bcuz it's almost literally the game (which is absolutely outstanding btw), just in anime format.

ShadowSaints said:
I'm looking for some good series that can make me care about the characters and make me laugh

There are anime fitting this criteria but there's so many one could list. Since your list on your profile is empty, we also have no way of knowing what you've seen or what would be best to recommend for you.

Nah, P4A cuts a ton of the game out. If you want the full experience, you have to play it. And as for TC, nothing I mentioned is "cliche pantsu shit", KLK has fan service, but it's easy to get past cuz it has a unique plot, and good characters.
xDarkraiAug 3, 2014 7:43 PM
Aug 3, 2014 7:46 PM
Oct 2013
Terrato said:
xRatatosk said:

In a sense.

ShadowSaints said:

Yeah, I played the game, I loved it, and I liked the anime too, but I can't find anything with the kind of feel that I had playing the game or watching the anime. I mean, I saw some animes that made me feel the same way, maybe Clannad or Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Come Wa Machigatteiru(I love this anime) but I talked a bunch about other animes so anyone reading can get a sense of what I'm into so if you don't know anything like P4:A you can see what I like or dislike and you know, recommend other things too.
Anyway, the list is empty because I'm a native spanish speaker and I see animes in spanish so I don't really use this website, but I have to, because almost all native speakers otaku websites are full of cringey people and eechi lovers. I don't really get eechi.
Aug 3, 2014 7:52 PM
Oct 2013
xRatatosk said:
Terrato said:

In a sense.

Nah, P4A cuts a ton of the game out. If you want the full experience, you have to play it. And as for TC, nothing I mentioned is "cliche pantsu shit", KLK has fan service, but it's easy to get past cuz it has a unique plot, and good characters.

I'm know that for example, Angel Beats is not like that at all but Mondaiji Tachi has that eechi style of humor, at least from what I know about it. I might be wrong, but yeah. I'll try seing "No Game,No Life" because of the NEET thingy that reminds me of Welcome to The NHK. Sorry about being rude, btw.
Aug 3, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
xRatatosk said:
Terrato said:

In a sense.

It does cut a ton out but, atleast you can still understand what was going on, I did, and I watched the anime before playing the game.

Could try Steins;Gate followed by the movie. Lot of laughs, likable characters, great story. Could be a little complicated at first but, give it time.
TerratoAug 3, 2014 7:57 PM
Aug 3, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
Terrato said:
xRatatosk said:

It does cut a ton out but, atleast you can still understand what was going on, I did, and I watched the anime before playing the game.

Yeah, it's a good experience, but the game is better IMO. As for TC NGNL is pretty good, and it's np I see where you were coming from.
Aug 3, 2014 7:56 PM
Oct 2013
Terrato said:
xRatatosk said:

Well the game is 60-80 hours long and the anime is like 13 hours roughly (24 minutes each episode, that are 25 + the ova)
Aug 3, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
ShadowSaints said:
Well the game is 60-80 hours long and the anime is like 13 hours roughly (24 minutes each episode, that are 25 + the ova)

Well, lots of that 60-80 hours is just running around killing stuff, gathering materials/money/personae, completing s.links, and there's no real reason to have all that in an anime imo.
Aug 3, 2014 8:02 PM

Jul 2014
Terrato said:
ShadowSaints said:

Well, lots of that 60-80 hours is just running around killing stuff, gathering materials/money/personae, completing s.links, and there's no real reason to have all that in an anime imo.

The S. Links could of been done better, they're a big part of P3 and P4. It's good for what it is though.
Aug 3, 2014 8:36 PM
Oct 2013
xRatatosk said:
Terrato said:

The S. Links could of been done better, they're a big part of P3 and P4. It's good for what it is though.

Just finished watching the first episode of No Game, No Life and I don't really find it interesting. Too much action, strange over the top things like using 4 characters with a mouse each, no keyboard action. The blank name thing, the over serious tone for a game. It's just kinda absurd for me, at least. Anyway, thanks for the recomendation, but I'll continue my search.
Aug 3, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2014
ShadowSaints said:
xRatatosk said:

Just finished watching the first episode of No Game, No Life and I don't really find it interesting. Too much action, strange over the top things like using 4 characters with a mouse each, no keyboard action. The blank name thing, the over serious tone for a game. It's just kinda absurd for me, at least. Anyway, thanks for the recomendation, but I'll continue my search.

Np, it's mainly for gamers anyways, since the whole Anime is about gaming.
Aug 4, 2014 8:19 AM
Oct 2013
xRatatosk said:
ShadowSaints said:

Mate, I play videogames quite a lot, but I'm not into this kind of non realistic kinda games. And I don't mean non fantasy games, I mean the way the portray videogames on movies and series, like this anime. Man, I even code and I know this is really, really exagerated. I don't like that. That's why I hated SAO. And I mean, I hate the over serious tone not for the videogame, but for the card game that they play. It's like Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji. I can't take a board game, card game or a videogame so seriously. (Well, the anime showed poker but the reactions were just hilarious and the badass wannabe quotes of the main character made it worse)
Aug 4, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
ShadowSaints said:
xRatatosk said:

Mate, I play videogames quite a lot, but I'm not into this kind of non realistic kinda games. And I don't mean non fantasy games, I mean the way the portray videogames on movies and series, like this anime. Man, I even code and I know this is really, really exagerated. I don't like that. That's why I hated SAO. And I mean, I hate the over serious tone not for the videogame, but for the card game that they play. It's like Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji. I can't take a board game, card game or a videogame so seriously. (Well, the anime showed poker but the reactions were just hilarious and the badass wannabe quotes of the main character made it worse)

You don't need to explain to me, I don't really care. I game a ton, and I don't take it seriously so I enjoyed it.

More topics from this board

» Shoujosei with no/little romance

misamxsa - May 30

7 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» I'm looking for mature, realistic high school romance media

KietaTeenRomance - May 30

6 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

» What's the cruelest manga/anime world out there?

Mahoxe - Dec 1, 2015

11 by Prfpnd_179 »»
33 minutes ago

» Looking for chillin horror anime about ghosts

Shabo-kun - Yesterday

7 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - May 28

4 by mo_lave »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.