Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2014 7:07 AM
Sep 2012
The only other work of Nakamura Sensei I am familiar with is Tokyo Crazy Paradise, which I adore. Considering - in my opinion, yours might differ from mine - the plot, and its development, the characters and how neatly she tied almost all lose ends in that series in 19 Volumes, I keep wondering in how many volumes Skip Beat will conclude.
Before I post my guess, I would like to ask to keep the answers to unattached ones.
If you have been following the manga, then it is a fair assumption that you have heard variations of the following answers:
- I love Skip Beat I hope it never ends or
- The plot is dragging, I hope it ends soon.
They are both very valid opinions, none of which I am disputing. I am just genuinely curious about what the community thinks about the final length. So contradictory to my own babbling long post I would request the answers to be objective and succinct. Now then to my guess:
Between 50 and 55 volumes, because there are still too many lose ends:
-Hidden Identities of both Kyoko and Ren (Bo and Corn)
-Both Kyoko and Ren confessing their mutual love;
-Kyoko's parents;
-Reunion of Ren and his parents;
-Fuwa Sho storyline;
-Who is the president who hired Beagles and that is set in seeing Fuwa defeated and why.
These are the ones I can think of only at the top of my head. With the extra story lines, like the Birthday party or Moko's family situation, I am thinking this manga will go on at least for another 20 Volumes.
Mar 23, 2014 7:38 PM
Dec 2013
lilithilk said:
Who is the president who hired Beagles and that is set in seeing Fuwa defeated and why.

sho's parents???
-
but yep, i bet it ens this year or in 2015
Mar 23, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
I dropped it late last year, because I was getting tired of waiting for Chapter to chapter to release. I stop where
It starting to get a little long for me. It not a bad thing to say the least it just that I'm use to my Shojo manga wrapping it up by now. But I agree with you Tokyo Crazy Paradise is her best work I wish they turned that into an anime adaption instead of Skip Beat.
Going to take me a couple of days to come up with a sig, as worthy as my last one.
Mar 24, 2014 1:46 PM
Sep 2012
ziggywish said:
I wish they turned that into an anime adaption instead of Skip Beat.

From your lips to God's ears!!!!!!!!!!
Tokyo Crazy Paradise started 1996 and still had the strongest female characters - lead as well as support! - compared to wimpy, "help me I am a helpless clutz" female leads of the shojo of today. The plot was tight. No needless distractions. The romance was hot, the plot interesting (Am I raving? I don't think I am but I can't be sure, TCP is my all time favorite shojo :D)
I like Skip Beat, I really do. But I still think TCP leaves SB in dust!
Jun 2, 2016 3:03 PM
Jun 2016
I think it could end by volume 49. We have now seen the release of volume 38 and there is a pending visit in the next few chapters with Sho's parents. In a sense, Ren/Kuon has already had a tentative (though virtual) reunion with his parents. And in the previous arc we not only learned of how Kyouko came into this world, but we also got a close look at the only relationship her parents had. Though Seana may show up again in the story, I think the issue of Kyouko's "parents" is now closed, and there are no real lose ends. It really seems that Kyouko's father was a mystery that will remain just that. It was made clear that Mosinoi was tasked with getting info from Seana, got too close and disappeared as soon as his job was done leaving no traces behind (also, he obviously never knew Seana was pregnant). So his only purpose (as a character) was to explain how Seana become pregnant with a child she didn't want and ended up as a single mother.
There have been a couple of new issues raised in recent chapters but I don't think they need to take a lot of time to resolve. Lots of fans make a big deal of the "Bo" identity, but I don't think big reveal is even necessary. While it may be a bit embarrassing to Ren (and even a bit confusing) to find this out, I don't think it will be seen as a "great deception". Also, the author could choose to resolve the Bo issue by having Kyouko get too busy to continue the role without Ren ever being the wiser or knowing that she was the original "Bo".
I do feel that Ren needs to reveal himself as Kuon/Corn for their relationship to progress to them dating. And as I am unsure how this will actually happen in this current plot line, I tend to think there will need to be at least 6 more volumes just to make that circumstance happen.
I have read bits and pieces of the other manga series by this author besides TCP (I read all of that of that), and it seems that Nakamura doesn't include lots of lovey-dovey, together-as-a-couple dating scenes in her mangas. Most of the romance in her stories is more about the struggle to communicate and connect and less of the lovey-dovey scenes - even the school-life baseball story where the main character is actually dating the guy she likes!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 328 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Sep 19

2 by TokyoCrazyPXD »»
Oct 8, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 323 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 30

0 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 30, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 322 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 30

0 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 30, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 321 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 30

0 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 30, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 320 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 30

0 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 30, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.