Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 2, 2013 8:12 PM

Sep 2012
So I have read here and there many people bitching about how the anime is a total failure compared with the source material.

So first of all, Higurashi is one of my favorite franchises, I like not only the anime but the manga. I'm not into visual novels, it's not my thing really, but after finished Higurashi I tried watching some gameplay videos of it to see how it was.
I found it pretty hard to watch since the art was kinda ugly.

Anyway, I want you guys to give your toughts about the visual novel and the anime, and try to explain to me the differences between them and why some people think the anime is not doing justice to the VN.
Jul 7, 2019 7:17 PM
Nov 2017
i watched the anime and liked it so i checked out the visual novel and now comparing the visual novel with the anime and surprisingly the visual novel is better much better than the anime in terms of detail...it pretty much renders the anime as just a mere summarization of the visual novel... i wonder how kai will compare. i have yet to check that out..
P.S. if you are concerned about the art and/or the character sprites looking ugly in the visual novel, there's like 3 versions of them the playstation 3 version of them (which looks insanely swollen), the mangagamer version of them, and the steam version of them
Josiah-JoestarJul 7, 2019 7:30 PM
Jul 11, 2019 8:17 AM
Aug 2018
Yes. The anime skipped over a lot of stuff. They didn't even properly adapt the question arcs. Skipped over lore. They kinda destroyed the mystery aspect. But the trade off was not really that bad. If you're concerned about the visuals, the latest updated version looks great
Aug 12, 2019 5:27 AM

May 2019
the vn goes into far, far more detail but i think the anime is an incredible adaptation as it includes all the important information without making it seem like too much was left out. i think its perfectly reasonable to just watch the anime but if you love the anime i would recommend reading the vn as each arc is about 10-15 hours long in the vn compared to 5 episodes long so have way way more detail. also they go for decently cheap on sale on steam. but make sure to download the 07th mod to get the modern BG's and sprites, full voice acting, lipsync, and the option to use the old music.
honorary member of ninomiya squad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.