Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 11:08 PM

Jun 2016
I got up to where the protagonist bought slaves and then dropped the series. There are three ways it could've played out and one of them could be tolerable (although not worth the risk).
1. Standard "good slave owner" oxymoronic trope (Lawful evil).
2. Luciel strictly needed to own slaves to do something important like abolishing slavery (Chaotic good).
3. Luciel releases the slaves once he's done with them (Neutral, I guess)

I don't remember the setup for this, and I'm probably not going to re-read this even if I do. I'm just curious to see whether I was right to dismiss slavery in isekai off-handedly.
Feb 3, 7:28 PM

May 2008
It's all three options. He has some important things for them to do, is a good owner, & releases the ones who let him do it. Honestly, several of his slaves end up being some of the best characters in the story. They're great. As would be expected from an MC who is blessed by the god of fate, Luciel seems to have the ability to give slaves the opportunity change their fate as well.

The story starts to reach it's real peak in book 7. Book 2, then books 7-10 are the best ones in the series, hands down. The Yenice arc, where you are now, is the weakest part of the series, but it introduces some very important characters. Once you get to the second labyrinth it really starts to pick up. I recommend continuing.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.