Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2022 6:34 PM

Apr 2018
I've heard people apparently didn't like this series because of the filler, but having recently seen it myself, I have no idea what you're complaining about. I don't recall there being any filler in this show.
Jun 21, 2022 6:55 PM
Nov 2021
I think what people mean about the "filler" is that s1 was basically slice of life and the rest is where all the action gets down. But yh this has pretty much no filler like 1 or 2 episodes i think digressed from the main arcs? people are just not that smart in the head lol
SawsyMikeyJun 21, 2022 7:02 PM
Jun 21, 2022 6:58 PM
Jun 2021
Purple_Gh0st24 said:
I've heard people apparently didn't like this series because of the filler, but having recently seen it myself, I have no idea what you're complaining about. I don't recall there being any filler in this show.

iirc I think season 1 had like 2 filler eps or something, I dont really get the filler episode complaints for these 24 episode series, unless it's like To LoveRu with the first season being anime only.
titodacatJun 21, 2022 7:01 PM
Jun 21, 2022 8:02 PM

Oct 2019
There’s a lot of filler though?
IIRC, I think it was like this:
S1 Level Up Arc is canon, the second part of Season 1 (After Episode 14) is filler. The OVAS/Extras & Specials are fillers.
S2 Sisters Arc is canon, everything after Episode 16 is filler.
If we take into account that “Filler” is everything that is Anime Original then, 18 Episodes are not canon.
S3 drastically improved this, hence why the reception was much better. Also because Misaki was finally part of the show. But yes, filler, there’s a lot, therefore people that just wanted content from the source material tend to dislike it.
If it was good or bad then that is a different question.
Jun 21, 2022 8:13 PM
Nov 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
S1 Level Up Arc is canon, the second part of Season 1 (After Episode 14) is filler. The OVAS/Extras & Specials are fillers.
If we take into account that “Filler” is everything that is Anime Original then, 18 Episodes are not canon.
S3 drastically improved this, hence why the reception was much better. Also because Misaki was finally part of the show. But yes, filler, there’s a lot, therefore people that just wanted content from the source material tend to dislike it.

thats quite wrong tbh
after the level upper arc there's the big spider arc which is 15 an 16 and the poltergeist arc which is the rest of s1 both of which are anime originals and not in the manga cuz there wasn't enough material at the time. The only filler I see is probably the big spider arc
And s2 has practically no filler with the silent party arc (also anime only) right after the sisters arc just like with the case of s3 with the dahasei festival and dream ranker arcs
SawsyMikeyJun 21, 2022 8:25 PM
Jun 21, 2022 8:36 PM

Mar 2021
i only watched one season of railgun right after watching the first season of index, and quite honestly every other episode felt like filler, and it just drags out for so long. index was significantly better.
Jun 21, 2022 8:40 PM

Oct 2019
SawsyMikey said:
RandomGuyScott said:

thats quite wrong tbh
after the level upper arc there's the big spider arc which is 15 an 16 and the poltergeist arc which is the rest of s1 both of which are anime originals and not in the manga cuz there wasn't enough material at the time. The only filler I see is probably the big spider arc
And s2 has practically no filler with the silent party arc right after the sisters arc just like with the case of s3 with the dahasei festival and dream ranker arcs

Wait what? Sorry I got lost. What do you think is filler then?
The question should have started from that point.
So from your point of view, filler is only the things that are inconsequential or something, like beach episodes or something alike, I suppose.
Then by that definition then yes, you are correct.
However, if we consider filler, ANYTHING that is not in the manga, which is what I was talking about or referring to, then the list is bigger.
The reason why people dislike S1 & S2 (Some aspects of them, not the season as a whole) is because of the amount of material that does not exist in the manga.
Like this:

SEASON I:

1 Electromaster MC (MANGA CANON)
2 When Working Under a Hot Sun, Rehydration is Essential MIXED CANON/FILLER
3 Tokiwadai is Targeted F (FILLER)
4 Urban Legends MC
5 A Certain Pair of New Trainees MC
6 Everyone is Proactive When it Comes to This MC
7 Abilities and Powers MC
8 Level Upper MC
9 Majority Report MC
10 Silent Majority MC
11 Dr. Kiyama MC
12 AIM Burst MC
13 A Bikini Divides the Eyeline Between Top and Bottom, But a One-piece Shows Off the Figure, so They Only Flatter the Slender F
14 Special Workshop F
15 Skill Out AO (ANIME ORIGINAL)
16 Academy City AO
17 Tsuzuri's Summer Vacation F
18 Asunaro Park F
19 Midsummer Festival F
20 Poltergeist AO
21 Voices AO
22 Level 6 AO
23 What Is It You See In Your Eyes Right Now? AO
24 Dear My Friends AO

SEASON II:

25 Railgun AO
26 Critical MC
27 Project Radio Noise MC
28 Sisters MC
29 Project Level 6 Shift MC
30 I... Can See All Of You MC
31 I... I Want To Be Of Help To You, Sissy F
32 ITEM MC
33 AIM Stalker MC
34 Meltdowner MC
35 The Vending Machine MC
36 Tree Diagram MC
37 Accelerator MC
38 The Promise MC
39 Kamijou Touma MC
40 Sisterhood MC
41 Study Group F
42 Moving F
43 Academic Reach Assembly F
44 Febri F
45 Darkness F
46 STUDY F
47 Silent Party F
48 Eternal Party F

SEASON III (Everything is complete canon)

49 Super-powered (Level 5)
50 The Daihasei Festival
51 Balloon Hunter
52 Tampering
53 Trust
54 The Battle Begins
55 Auribus oculi fideliores sunt.
56 Railgun ✕ Mental Out
57 Kozaku Mitori
58 Clone Dolly
59 Joining the Battle
60 Exterior
61 SYSTEM (Those Who Arrive at Heaven's Will in an Only Human Body)
62 Dragon Strike (Jaw of the Dragon King)
63 Promise
64 Dream Ranker
65 Precognition
66 Bust Upper
67 Strange Coincidence
68 Ha Det Bra
69 Doppelganger
70 Scavenger
71 Possession
72 Diffusion
73 My Dear Friends

Jun 21, 2022 9:07 PM

Dec 2015
So I only picked up the Manga from where S2 left off, so I actually wasn't aware that so much in S1 & S2 was Anime Original/Filler. But in my opinion, it really doesn't make a difference? The way I see it, each season of Railgun usually has 2 halves with a boss battle at the end (maybe some unrelated episodes inbetween). And usually the first half of each season is the better one. This also applies to S3 where everything is canon. I mean yeah that Kaiju fight was neat, but it cannot compare to Touma & Sugiita vs Mikoto. Honestly everything that happened in S3 after the Daihasei Festival Arc, was as good/bad as all the Anime Original/Filler stuff that occurred in the previous 2 seasons. But thats just my opinion ^^"
CkeaJun 21, 2022 9:12 PM
Jun 22, 2022 4:44 AM
Nov 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
SawsyMikey said:

thats quite wrong tbh
And s2 has practically no filler with the silent party arc right after the sisters arc just like with the case of s3 with the dahasei festival and dream ranker arcs

So from your point of view, filler is only the things that are inconsequential or something, like beach episodes or something alike, I suppose.
However, if we consider filler, ANYTHING that is not in the manga, which is what I was talking about or referring to, then the list is bigger.
The reason why people dislike S1 & S2 (Some aspects of them, not the season as a whole) is because of the amount of material that does not exist in the manga.
Like this:

SEASON I:

4 Urban Legends MC
8 Level Upper MC
9 Majority Report MC
10 Silent Majority MC
11 Dr. Kiyama MC
12 AIM Burst MC
13 A Bikini Divides the Eyeline Between Top and Bottom, But a One-piece Shows Off the Figure, so They Only Flatter the Slender F
14 Special Workshop F
16 Academy City AO
18 Asunaro Park F
19 Midsummer Festival F
20 Poltergeist AO
21 Voices AO
22 Level 6 AO
24 Dear My Friends AO

SEASON II:

25 Railgun AO
26 Critical MC
28 Sisters MC
32 ITEM MC
33 AIM Stalker MC
34 Meltdowner MC
36 Tree Diagram MC
37 Accelerator MC
38 The Promise MC
39 Kamijou Touma MC
40 Sisterhood MC
41 Study Group F
42 Moving F
44 Febri F
45 Darkness F
46 STUDY F
47 Silent Party F
48 Eternal Party F

50 The Daihasei Festival
51 Balloon Hunter
52 Tampering
53 Trust
54 The Battle Begins
56 Railgun ✕ Mental Out
57 Kozaku Mitori
58 Clone Dolly
59 Joining the Battle
60 Exterior
63 Promise
64 Dream Ranker
65 Precognition
66 Bust Upper
67 Strange Coincidence
68 Ha Det Bra
69 Doppelganger
70 Scavenger
71 Possession
72 Diffusion
73 My Dear Friends

If we use the definition of filler as episodes mostly used to give time to the Mangaka to produce more content than yh all the anime originals are filler but most fillers have practically no story and don't affect the main plot. But that isn't the case with railgun as the "filler" has story and does affect the plot like the poltergeist arc.
it was when that one scientist tried to help her kids in the cannon level upper arc
SawsyMikeyJun 22, 2022 4:47 AM
Jun 22, 2022 4:56 AM
Nov 2021
seen alle the season Both railgun and index and the movie most of the episodes are fillers Both Railgun and index it starts Good but quickly became boring
Jun 22, 2022 4:58 AM

Nov 2018
RandomGuyScott said:
SawsyMikey said:

thats quite wrong tbh

Like this:

SEASON I:

4 Urban Legends MC
8 Level Upper MC
9 Majority Report MC
10 Silent Majority MC
11 Dr. Kiyama MC
12 AIM Burst MC
14 Special Workshop F
16 Academy City AO
18 Asunaro Park F
19 Midsummer Festival F
20 Poltergeist AO
21 Voices AO
22 Level 6 AO
24 Dear My Friends AO

SEASON II:

25 Railgun AO
26 Critical MC
28 Sisters MC
32 ITEM MC
33 AIM Stalker MC
34 Meltdowner MC
36 Tree Diagram MC
37 Accelerator MC
38 The Promise MC
39 Kamijou Touma MC
40 Sisterhood MC
41 Study Group F
42 Moving F
44 Febri F
45 Darkness F
46 STUDY F
47 Silent Party F
48 Eternal Party F

50 The Daihasei Festival
51 Balloon Hunter
52 Tampering
53 Trust
54 The Battle Begins
56 Railgun ✕ Mental Out
57 Kozaku Mitori
58 Clone Dolly
59 Joining the Battle
60 Exterior
63 Promise
64 Dream Ranker
65 Precognition
66 Bust Upper
67 Strange Coincidence
68 Ha Det Bra
69 Doppelganger
70 Scavenger
71 Possession
72 Diffusion
73 My Dear Friends

idk man, I like to count anime cannon. (stuff which the author has considered cannon even though it's not in the manga)
Jun 22, 2022 5:39 AM
Nov 2020
zemeck said:
i only watched one season of railgun right after watching the first season of index, and quite honestly every other episode felt like filler, and it just drags out for so long. index was significantly better.

Next 2 seasons of railgun are better. It's evident from the ratings. Hold out, you won't regret it.
Jun 25, 2022 11:10 PM

Dec 2019
Like the post above says, I greatly prefer the second and third seasons. I don't mind slice of life stuff buy I don't think the toaru series is really conducive to that. Later seasons of railgun seriously ramp up the production quality and cover content with higher stakes, better world building, and arcs way more relevant to the plot as a whole

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

149 by povsuduvolosy »»
May 27, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

166 by Guren_Der »»
May 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

373 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 26, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.