Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2021 5:53 PM

Apr 2018
The past 2 seasons of Baki from Netflix is hot garbage. No choreography; innate shit story; still shots into quick cuts. There's literally nothing to enjoy other than see it as an ad to go read the manga(which is insanely good). Will this finally be the season of Baki with actual action sequences?
Apr 21, 2021 7:06 AM

Jul 2017
No, it won't.
Netflix don't give time to do something decent.
May 1, 2021 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
I read the manga.

Even in the manga the plot and fights aren't good. It's more about the art and stylized depictions of anatomy that contribute to the entertainment value.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 1, 2021 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
It's more about the stylized depictions of anatomy that contribute to the entertainment value.

That's very well put. I agree that a large aspect of this anime is the character designs and stylization. Which is supposed to be the appeal, over the plot itself. Like JoJo, lol -- at least JoJo's first season.

However, I think the story for the first season of this anime was pretty awesome, in my opinion.
The second season was okay with the introduction of the American boxer, although most of it just took place in the ring, and it got tedious, boring, and uninteresting.

The original premise of overcoming his father is a bit lame, but watching people brawl out against supernaturally powerful inmates in an urban setting was super unpredictable and was pretty fresh I'd say.

Now that we're done with the tournament BS and back in the "real world", I'm kind of eager to see what happens next.
May 13, 2021 10:30 AM
Jun 2009
Honestly, Baki doesn't translate to anime that well a lot of the time.

What elevates the manga is the meticulous, and at times almost disturbing, amount of research and sheer knowledge the author has put into the series. This translates to feats of characters being grounded in some form of realism - either the techniques shown are super-human versions of real techniques or they're fictional techniques based on real techniques. This creates a huge draw for martial artists, rather than anime viewers who like fights: Because the fight in Baki, technically, aren't that exciting - what's exciting is how experienced fighters choose to overcome fundamental weaknesses in their style, against some other style.

In effect, Baki and Yujiro are the 'way beyond humans' - as in, Yujiro is the absolute ideal fighter, and Baki is growing into one.

If that doesn't sound exciting, fair enough - it's very hit or miss, but it's a rare gem in a genre filled with 'friendship' and 'willpower' anime fights, Baki is for people that want more realistic fights.

It's usually the same demographic that enjoys Hajime no Ippo - which is amongst the longest running manga in history.

EDIT: It bears repeating; semi-realistic, NOT actually realistic.
NivyanMay 13, 2021 10:34 AM
Jun 23, 2021 7:23 AM
Nov 2016
Baki is not a good show, I watch it because it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I enjoy it because it's so stupid, I can't help but be entertained at how dumb some of the fight scenes and characters are.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre Episode 7 Discussion

Euphorian_ - Sep 30, 2021

18 by Zedz_c »»
Mar 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre Episode 6 Discussion

15 by Zedz_c »»
Mar 2, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre Episode 2 Discussion

25 by Zedz_c »»
Feb 27, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre Episode 1 Discussion

15 by ben_kisaca_asd »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:46 AM

» Baki vs Baki hanma ?

Sasunaru__ - Oct 1, 2021

6 by darksasukeitaka »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.