Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2007 7:05 PM

Dec 2007
I can't believe there are no postes for this great series yet!

Well, after what seems like years the final volume of Ai Yori Aoshi was released not too long ago. This was the first manga I ever started, based mainly on the fact that I liked the anime so much. All of the characters were great, but for some reason the characters of Kaoru and especially Aoi particularly just resonate with me, and I found myself pulling for them through the whole series. The ending especially, when the comedy was pretty much set aside for the drama was great and I found myself almost chearing at the end of the last page.

So, and other fans of this manga around?
Dec 12, 2007 8:26 PM

Mar 2005
i hated the manga art. one of the few series where I thought the anime was better than the manga
Dec 13, 2007 2:52 PM

Dec 2007
kei-clone said:
i hated the manga art. one of the few series where I thought the anime was better than the manga

I'll agree that the artwork was better in the anime (especially compared to the earlier volumes), but I can think of other series where I felt the same (for example, I think that the AMG TV series artwork is head and shoulders above the manga).

I also think the anime (particularly the first season) did a much better than average job of adapting the story to the TV format, while remaining faithful to the manga. The only real flaw in the anime is that it was done before the manga was complete, thus it lacks a proper ending. Too bad we are unlikely to ever see one now...

Still, the manga is there for us, and I certainly enjoyed reading the end of the story when Tokyopop *finally* got around to releasing the last volume. ;-)
Jan 3, 2008 1:39 PM
Nov 2007
To be honest, I tried to get myself into this manga but I just couldn't. It was boring.
Aug 26, 2009 8:23 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm...i like the last volume though, when Aoi become one with Kaoru, it's epic, if you know what i mean ^^
Jan 3, 2010 7:28 AM
May 2008
Really liked anime and manga... Liked last volume except final chapter. It left me with some empty feeling.
Too much boobs in manga =)
In first chapters Aoi looked like a trap XD
May 5, 2010 7:42 AM

Jul 2007
It was a great manga in my opinion. A bit repetative at times but better then all the herem manga ive ever read. This is prolly the only one i didnt consider dropping. I know exactly what u mean Laevantein ;)
May 28, 2011 7:23 PM

Jun 2009
loved how they handled the story....yea, it does get boring in the middle but it picks up really well later on and manages to still pack a punch. When it went all boring in the middle, i put it on hold for more than half a year but i came back to it i found it worth picking up again.
Maturely handled plot (loved it) ! art was good and characters were good too!

a 9 from me at the least

Feb 5, 2012 3:40 PM
Apr 2011
It was mmm boring they were to many useless characters that prolong the manga and the last thing with Kaoru younger brother was boring and annoying, but every chapter in witch they were only Kouru and Aoi was a good chapter. Sorry for my bad English.
Oct 4, 2014 6:51 PM

Feb 2014
7 overall. 5 for last chapter.

They could explore it so much. I mean, a couple years later and they still didn't have a child?

Not to talk about how repetitive it was some times.
DoctaLinker
Mar 12, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
It was okay, nothing special. This is a good read for those who want a lighthearted romance with very little drama.
But like the above said it was kinda repetitive, some chapters were boring and predictable.
Well, Aoi is a perfect waifu (imo her appearance isn't that good), she's loyal, know how to cook, very sweet and conservative. Her love for Kaoru is unbelievable. I rated this 6/10.
Jun 12, 2015 12:54 PM

May 2014
blessofcurse said:
It was okay, nothing special. This is a good read for those who want a lighthearted romance with very little drama.
But like the above said it was kinda repetitive, some chapters were boring and predictable.
Well, Aoi is a perfect waifu (imo her appearance isn't that good), she's loyal, know how to cook, very sweet and conservative. Her love for Kaoru is unbelievable. I rated this 6/10.

I agree. This manga was a huge disappointment to me. Repetitive, nothing really new. Also, I don't believe in that love story, I simply can't - it's way too perfect. 6 out of 10, maybe even less.
Jan 18, 2021 5:47 AM
Jul 2020
Yeah another generic romance manga, can't say I enjoyed it, it got boring before the halfway point. Also can't help but compare it to Love Hina( which is to say, it was better than this). Also, I was able to finish all 17 volumes in just 2 days.... Cuz u know repeated dialogues, boring art style and weak story.
Apr 28, 2022 7:22 PM
Jun 2021
This was one of the first anime that I watched knowing it was anime. I even watched it in English dub. Man I instantly got hooked with it. And I read the manga for nostalgic reasons as well since the anime didn't have a proper ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Chapter 153 Discussion

AsianKungFu - Mar 16, 2016

5 by emanoel889 »»
Mar 26, 2:21 PM

» Ai Yori Aoshi

MomoDestro - Apr 13, 2008

7 by Stockpile »»
Aug 22, 2017 12:36 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Chapter 60 Discussion

Genocyber - Mar 12, 2016

0 by Genocyber »»
Mar 12, 2016 9:19 PM

» Which volume picks up where the anime left off?

Hamminaptu - Aug 23, 2008

3 by Volkova »»
Feb 10, 2009 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.