Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
Mention anything
edit: Hard to believe it's 2014
Would rather it just stayed 2013....too difficult to think of myself as living in the "2014 era"
wolffanghamehaJan 10, 2014 4:16 PM
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2013
Death Note mangaka adapts short novel into mang0...also getting a live action movie starring Tom Cruise.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/62887/All_You_Need_Is_Kill
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/all_you_need_is_kill/
Jan 12, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2012
Sounds like Kill La Kill. You've read any of it? Guessing he's stuck in training, or it's like the Matrix and the mimics are making him sleep and repeating stuff (they are "mimics"). Depends on whether he actually remembers being killed and stuff, and whether others do too, or if it's just the reader who sees stuff repeating.
ABe (who worked on Haibane Renmei, WttNHK! and Texhnolyze) did the art for the light novel which gives me hope. Manga has different story authors to the light novel though so dunno if it's gonna be quite different to the original.

Is your avi VP when she was a girl? Looks like a chubby Erza.
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Jan 12, 2014 6:38 PM

May 2013
> "when she was a girl"
Guessing this means little girl...that's not VP, that's P.

"All you need is kill," meh sounds rather ridiculous. Might just watch the Tom Cruise movie if anything, whenever that comes out.

According to MAL it's been 163 days since I started WttNHK!
Jan 12, 2014 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
Ha.
And is it actually the prez? I looked up the "President prison school" on google images and just got pictures of the VP.

Sounds ridiculous? Doesn't sound good or bad to me, just "where will this take us?".

Watch et. WttNHK!

Not mentioned Space Bros in a while. Not watched it for quite a long time either. Good thing about reading/watching a series as it comes out is you can share the experience of anticipation with others but then the series loses its momentum and its easier to just get distracted and not be too into it, and then just flat out be like "I don't care any more I'm reading/watching this other series now". Since I haven't actually really been able to talk to anyone much about any ongoing series I'm watching/reading I might as well not catch up with stuff any more and just stick to finished stuff....maybe.
Jan 12, 2014 10:25 PM

May 2013
Might read it when it's finished. Gonna be a short series.

Movie trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI

Yeah, much prefer reading in one go. Sometimes I start to lose interest, and if new chapters don't get translated for months (like most monthly or unpopular series) I forget what was going on in the previous chapters.
Jan 12, 2014 11:12 PM

Jun 2012
yo yo wtf
anyone heard of this ASMR thing? Sounds like total BS. Not saying it doesn't exist....just don't get why people go on about it....dumb
stop goin on about minnnnor things

Why is the woman British though?

DB Evolution was on TV today. Watched it for like 15 seconds, was some part I don't remember (Chi Chi fighting in some tournament and gets a blood sample secretly taken).

Gonna try and rush through either Uzumaki or 51 Ways so I can read Liar Game I think.
Jan 13, 2014 12:22 AM

Jun 2012
Lol http://i10.mangareader.net/kanojo-wo-mamoru-51-no-houhou/25/kanojo-wo-mamoru-51-no-houhou-1409465.jpg
Jan 13, 2014 1:09 PM

Jun 2012
Wat.

51 has a dude who I'm guessing is African American....his name is Freedom. Dafuk.
Female MC thought all foreigners were scary, but now she's like "dey not". First time I've seen that in a manga/anime.

Can't always tell who's saying what in this manga....sometimes the speech bubbles are just there without pointing to anyone. Like this http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5798/03-026.0/compressed/i01.jpg
Jan 13, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2012
Terror on Gamer's Island....fkin idiot

edit: fk why do the voices for anime videos and hip-hop videos only come out from one side? Headphones more broken now so videos are just full of miming....
big pound shop I know is closed down....dafuk.

Also wtf the new google maps sucks. Why does everything get updated/"upgraded" to use more memory? If I was using my desktop it would probably explode.

K gonna chill now getting annoyed....cept can't even listen to music properly....fak

edit: why is nothing released in Mono audio....
wolffanghamehaJan 13, 2014 5:37 PM
Jan 14, 2014 8:05 PM

May 2013
koks plz tell dis wolf guy to quit complaining about everything.

edit: there's a mangu called wolf guy.
Jan 14, 2014 10:30 PM

May 2013
Jeez I almost pressed "Delete" instead of "Quote."
only4anime said:
wolf plz stop complaining about everything.
only4anime said:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24058/Wolf_Guy Ha. Only 2 volumes. Somebody read it.
Jan 14, 2014 11:17 PM

May 2013
I saw that one first but figured I'd pick the one with the closer name ^.^
Jan 15, 2014 12:58 AM

May 2013
dun ask me 2 read plz

I thought wolves were scary, but now I'm like "dey not".
Jan 15, 2014 10:58 PM

Jun 2012
Kyoulaid said:
Jeez I almost pressed "Delete" instead of "Quote."
only4anime said:
wolf plz stop complaining about everything.
only4anime said:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24058/Wolf_Guy Ha. Only 2 volumes. Somebody read it.

Thought that was "somebody read it" as in past tense. Was like what only one person?
How did Jak find out about that anyway....
not scary any more because I'm so kind.....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

FREEDOM!
Also when did Jak finish 51 wtf....
Jan 15, 2014 11:34 PM

May 2013
Wanted to troll you by adding it as completed.

wolffanghameha said:
yeh wanted to troll you and kyouks by adding an extra copy of the final digit

Now we're even :)
Jan 16, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2012
guud
I'm nearly finished anyway. Manga's improving....creepy dude introduced. Thought he was gonna try and rape the male MC but he didn't.
Jan 16, 2014 10:23 PM

May 2013
wolffanghameha said:
Thought he was gonna try and rape the male MC but he didn't.

LOLWTF
Jan 16, 2014 11:44 PM

Jun 2012
lollll thought you'd get freaked out but not that much.
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5798/04-032.0/compressed/h04_045.jpg
^bottom 2 panels

51 dude also wrote the Ningen Shikakku/No Longer Human manga (based on a light novel by Osamu Dazai) which I was planning to read.
Jan 17, 2014 12:50 AM

May 2013
Where's female MC? She died? Doubt it tho.

No Longer Human? Seems like one of OFG's favs. Don't think it's available online (cuz it's been licensed?).

http://myanimelist.net/manga/5709/Litchi%E2%98%86Hikari_Club
Also this one caught my eye, horror, 1 volume, doesn't sound interesting to me tho.
Jan 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2012
Nop.

Don't put me off it by saying it seems like an OFG manga....
Yeh I couldn't find it when I looked for it before.

Isn't that a comedy? Got lychee tho. Win.

Just been reading some random historical Jstor stuff but I'll probs finish 51 today....finally....
Jan 17, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2013
wolffanghameha said:
Don't put me off it by saying it seems like an OFG manga....

Deal with it :)
Jan 17, 2014 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
lopl thought this was very very very very very VERY mildly funny, and had a point http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/top_tweets/god.png

Not been on IRC for ages. Saw all that stuff on infinity....SSJ2 meant to reply on my behalf to a couple of Grid's rubbish claims but then never did....

Ey Kyouks what's this Net Neutrality thing going down in the USA? Sounds like some BSSSSSSS http://w11.zetaboards.com/Gamer_Island/topic/10017326/1

Not read 51....ended up reading random shizzle instead fakkkkkk
erratic post
Jan 18, 2014 12:25 AM

Jun 2012
talkin yoshi irc
Jan 18, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIELLLLLLLLLLL STURRRRRRRRRRRRIDGE

fk yes

edit: lmao at this cyclical reasoning from Emmeth http://dbzf.co.uk/single/?p=8927718&t=8427070
are you kidding me
what a goon
wolffanghamehaJan 18, 2014 2:26 PM
Jan 20, 2014 10:31 PM

May 2013
triple posting wolf pls

been watching fate/zero, so has jack, super overrated stuff.
Jan 21, 2014 10:07 AM
Sep 2013
Just remembered about this place. What's up?
Jan 21, 2014 7:10 PM

Jun 2012
triple posts happen. We know it's got really bad if there are 4 in a row....

fate/zero? Brofist likes that. Maybe Cal does too? Goes in the Clannad category.

Forgot to retell Yoshi about this.

Also lmao hgnx is still hilarious
http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Infinity_Forum/topic/10026686/1/
Apparently he didn't win dbzf funniest member....wtf?

Nearly finished 51. Less than 3 chapters left to read.
Jan 21, 2014 9:15 PM

May 2013
wolffanghameha said:
fate/zero? Brofist likes that. Maybe Cal does too? Goes in the Clannad category.
Lmaooo. Though tbf they both like One Piece of shit and FMA Borehood too.

The guy who was behind peepee is behind F/Z. Psycho-Pass must be Psycho-Piss, then.
Jan 21, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2012
Yeh he also did the Black Lagoon manga and the anime is just meh (not rubbish but nothing special)....just average. As in not much character development or even plot it seems. He made Susei no Gargantia though which is meant to be good (yes I know Fate/Zero is meant to be good too, but I mean I myself think it looks promising).

Jak join http://gamersisland.jcink.net/index.php
Jan 22, 2014 12:30 AM

Jun 2012
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6547639808/h39DF9E29/
Jan 22, 2014 1:33 AM

May 2013
wolffanghameha said:
Yeh he also did the Black Lagoon manga

Who?

Don't listen to koks, he's drunk. F/Z is incredible, has a deep story, engaging plot full of complex characters.

Forum is new? Not a gamer tho :)
Jan 22, 2014 2:26 AM

Jun 2012
Don't care. I'm not a gamer either.

Urobochi
Jan 22, 2014 2:43 AM

May 2013
What happened to old GI?

N0vel not mang0.

Madoka and PeePee.
Jan 22, 2014 3:05 AM

Jun 2012
We just moved. New one is better and active at the moment.

Novel?

Psycho-Pass and Susei no Gangantia (forgot the English).
You should meet Grungie. He doesn't like it when people think sub>dub.
Jan 22, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2012
FAK YOU

Typed out a massive post (about football/soccer) and accidentally unplugged my laptop and lost it because Chrome didn't restore. Fak. FAKKKKKK
sucks
Jan 22, 2014 9:26 AM
Sep 2013
I only think sub > dub when it comes to old school anime...

New anime dubs are well done, for the most part.
Jan 22, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2013
Type it again :)

Forum looks ded.
Jan 22, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2012
got 349 posts in under 2 days I think (can't remember when it opened....can't find the stats on the forum). Mostly the posting started yesterday though. Not dead.

Did type it again thank you very much. Although kinda left out some details and said "look at the links" for the first half of it pretty much.

edit: jus join
Kyouks is on it
Jan 22, 2014 6:09 PM

May 2013
Old dubs are good and have always been good. They've also always been bad. New dubs have always been good and have always been bad as well.

Madoka looks kind of promising. Gargantia I heard is a bad mix of SoL and mecha action, ecck. Urobuchi's prolly a dumb fuckboy. I'll wait to properly judge him 'til after I see both F/Z and P-Piss, I guess.

Edit: I don't think Urobuchi actually wrote too much of Gargantia anyways.
fatdinosaurJan 22, 2014 6:50 PM
Jan 23, 2014 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
Old dubs are worse on average apparently. Makes sense since in the past anime was new to English-speaking places, so having random Japanese stuff in the series would freak people out more so companies would have more incentive to change stuff. Now people are more open to it.

Thought people mainly don't like Gargantia if they were expecting an action series? Like Steve.
What do you mean "wrote"? You mean it's mostly them just sitting there saying nothing?

And what happened with this club....who deleted it? Are we being monitored....
Jan 23, 2014 5:31 PM

May 2013
wolffanghameha said:
Thought people mainly don't like Gargantia if they were expecting an action series? Like Steve.
Well, there's that too of course. It's 13 eps, and as far as I know half is SoL and half is action. Sounds like a bad mix and I've seen people criticize it for that.
wolffanghameha said:
What do you mean "wrote"? You mean it's mostly them just sitting there saying nothing?
Hmm? I mean Urobuchi himself didn't write very much of the script (as far as I'm aware).
wolffanghameha said:
And what happened with this club....who deleted it? Are we being monitored....
I didn't ever see it deleted.
Jan 23, 2014 7:51 PM
Sep 2013
I saw it deleted, too, Fatter Dinosaur... Then I found it under clubs in my profile button at the top of the screen.

Gaiz, on my watchlist, what do you suggest I watch after I get current on the HST and Toriko?
Jan 23, 2014 8:16 PM

May 2013
Yoshrek said:
Fatter Dinosaur
It's a good thing I changed my name or this would've gotten confusing.

Ohhh. Is that what happened? Must be because I set it to secret club for a bit. It wasn't deleted, it was just only visible to those in the club (which apparently means you can't access it via url for some dumb reason? Eh.)
Yoshrek said:
Gaiz, on my watchlist, what do you suggest I watch after I get current on the HST and Toriko?
Whatever interests you most.
Jan 23, 2014 8:32 PM
Sep 2013
LOL, I double posted after not seeing my post the first time...

Kyoulaid said:
Yoshrek said:
Whatever interests you most.

Like what?
Jan 23, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2012
"Gen Urobuchi explained on the official website that the message of the story is aimed towards those in their teens and 20s, who are either about to enter into society or recently have, and is meant to cheer them on and to encourage them that "going out into the world isn't scary". He also said that the feeling of this work will be different from others he's been involved with."

Sounds like he wrote it. Don't see anyone else talking about it on wikipedia. Wikipedia!

If it's 70-80% SoL and the remainder is action that could be good. That would make it like Dorohedoro (well Dorohedoro isn't slice of life but a minority of it is action) or like....not sure but basically something that has a lot of talking about life or whatever and then a bit of action. More of an anime focused on either the psychology, sociology or philosophy of fighting, or on general philosophy or some sort of historical mystery. Steve doesn't like it....if anything that makes me think it's more likely to be good.

It was deleted that's why I asked you about it. It wasn't on anyone's profile and when I used the direct url it said the "club id" was invalid. Then the url started working an hour or two later, but the club was set to "Secret Club" so it wasn't on anyone's profile still until I checked that.
Was also this http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=739561 but has a different "club id".
Jan 23, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2012
Try Psycho-Pass or Elfen Lied since those are short and they're in overlapping genres.
Jan 23, 2014 9:19 PM
Sep 2013
You want to get on chat, Fatter Dinosaur?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.