Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2007 10:09 AM

Sep 2007
What the title says.

For me, I can't stand soap-operas and well...KGNE IS a soap opera. It bored the crap out of me and it didn't make me cry as it did for everyone else. I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes many times while I watched this. So bad that I had to drop it <.<
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 4, 2007 10:43 AM

Oct 2007
see, i LOVE soap operas... but i hated all the characters. the main girl just really pissed me off... like completely. she was just a depressed, pathetic little slut. the only characters i liked were the girl in the coma and her sister. oh, and the main guy was such a loser i had no idea why everyone was SOO inlove with him.

i felt like i was watching some angsty show where everyones depressed for no realy good reason. it was just pathetic.
Nov 4, 2007 11:18 AM

May 2005
I have a certain tolerance for soap opera, it just that my tolerance doesn't extend to soap opera in anime. The whole time I was watching the anime I feel like I want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.
I have never have a strong dislike for any anime character as much as I have for Mitsuki and Takayuki and thus I couldn't find myself liking or grow to like the anime because of them.
Nov 4, 2007 7:04 PM

Jun 2007
I have never ever HATED an anime SO MUCH as i hate this one. I hated ALL of the characters! The blue haired girl was a cheap slut and it was SOOO totally her fault that her "BEst friend" was hit by a car. What kind of friend makes your boyfriend buy you a ring for a b-day present KNOWING that hes late for a date as it is. WTF! and the dude was so pathetic! so stupid and undecided and grrrrr!!!! Even the pink haired girl, i would have never forgiven either of them! I would have made their life hell and blamed them for all that happened to me. =__=

Nov 15, 2007 3:09 PM
Jun 2007
Forget the soap opera, forget the characters, forget everything.
This anime is just a poor adaptation, in fact, the most horrible sort of Galge adaptation possible. Instead of choosing a scenario to follow and putting a few nods to other scenarios (Like F\SN's anime did), it instead just took all the arcs it could and mashed them together. The result is that the characters are indecisive. Takayuki doesn't seem to realize who he loves, Mitsuki can't seem to decide whether she hates Haruka or not and Akane can't seem to come to grip with whether she likes Takayuki or hates him. You get a big blob of plot points and non-characteristic behavior. I was unable to really realize the characters' personalities in this anime because they were so full of self-contradicting behavior. It drove me crazy.

And then people call this show 'The best drama ever'. It pisses me off that KGNE gets the title Kanon 2006 should (rather rightfully!) get.
Nov 15, 2007 7:16 PM

Sep 2007
ZackZeal said:
And then people call this show 'The best drama ever'. It pisses me off that KGNE gets the title Kanon 2006 should (rather rightfully!) get.

Yeah, I agree. Kanon 2006 should've gotten that. It definitely had a much bigger impact on me than KGNE ever did. I don't think I ever once rolled my eyes during Kanon while it seemed to be all I did during KGNE <_<
Nov 22, 2007 6:35 AM

Oct 2007
why i hate kimiga..the story sucked..the characters are retards...it was dramatic to the point that it was moronic..i mean the hell..your girlfriend gets into a car accident because of you and because you felt that it was your fault you sleep with her best friend?! WHAT??? WTF!

The Ultimate Procrastinator...Eye Patch Crazy...

Nov 25, 2007 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
I agree with everyone 100%. When i first watched KGNE i immediately pinned it down as the worst anime i've ever seen. (which means i really disliked it) but then I just kinda forgot about it, i didnt think it was that popular or well-liked...

boy was i wrong. When i joined this forum and saw that KGNE was farily high on the top anime list i was just like "wtf?" i didnt get it. thats why im glad we have this group D= i dont understand the kiminozo hype i see all over this site
Nov 25, 2007 6:37 PM

Oct 2007
^ lol i thought everybody didn't like it too..but when i saw a post in a thread saying that it was the "greatest" anime drama i was like...speechless..i wonder what they saw for them to call it that..

Nov 25, 2007 8:24 PM

Nov 2007
-- undecided main character
-- poor plot (extremelly)
-- that kind of "japanese-schoolgirl-shyness-drama" that pisses me off (omg, I don't think I'm ready to HOLD HIS HAND yet... I want to keep my HAND-HOLDING VIRGINITY till after the wedding)

I wish to be moved. I cannot feel in life.
Dec 1, 2007 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
What I thought was strange was that Saikano really moved me, while I didn't really feel anything after watching kgne. People seems to relate one to the other. There were many moments and decisions I was just like "wtf" even taking culture differences and all that psychological and emotional things into consideration >.>
Dec 1, 2007 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
I dropped it after 2 episodes >.> After the 2nd episode, I just knew the whole series would be unreasonably emo, melodramatic, and...bad.
I too am wtfing at why so many people love KGNE. Do people think they're sophisticated by "liking" it or something? I might be being a little biased and mean, and then again, it might be true...
Dec 1, 2007 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
Okay, granted, like what other people who like KGNE say, my heart also fell when Haruka was hit by the car and Takayuki saw her bloody hair ribbon but that's it. I did enjoy the first episode because I thought the banter between Mitsuki and Takayuki was cute, but I guess Haruka's just way too shy for my tastes, and episode 2 (aside from the accident) was pretty much crap for me.

Just too melodramatic for me. If they had downplayed the drama by even a little bit, maybe I would've liked it better.
Dec 3, 2007 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
Shinkenshi said:
What I thought was strange was that Saikano really moved me, while I didn't really feel anything after watching kgne

i agree with you there! saikano was really something..i hated humanity because of that anime..it was a anime that was bitter sweet..on the other hand KGNE? just plain BITTER!

Dec 5, 2007 6:04 AM

Dec 2007
I hated totally the characters.Takayuki Narumi was a dull person and weak as hell,thinking only of himself.
Mitsuki was cute at start,she was also a fine swimmer,but after...she cuts the hair,and she stops her life to make the babysitter to Narumi..and also f**** his friend in a bad moment.
Haruka was kinda ok,Akane was kinda annoying...
And what was depressing wasnt Haruka in the hospital.
No.It was how the lifes of the others turned to hell.

Thats it,my good natured comments :p
Dec 9, 2007 3:25 PM

Sep 2006
I'm all for tear jerking anime. In fact, I'm in a club based on it. But this anime was just... horrible. My friends and I call it the slit your wrists anime. It doesn't move you to tears, it moves you to needing anti-depressants. Who wants to see an anime that ends with you being depressed, but not moved? I mean, it had a... semi un-depressing ending, but they should have at least hooked him up with coma girl instead of the 'hey I set you up with my best friend but I'm really in love with you' idiot.

And the characters were laughable unmemorable. I mean, I can't even name... any of them now. 'coma girl' 'idiot' 'emo guy' and 'bad friend' are the characters names to me.

"Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'" - Eric, by Terry Pratchett.
Dec 9, 2007 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
LOL slit your wrists anime...wow i think thats a better name..

Dec 10, 2007 5:36 AM

Sep 2007
The Shinji guy is a f@g for not stoppin the blue haired girl, the blue haired girl is a slut for wanting to sleep with a random swimming team guy, the main guy is indecisive...the only person i feel sympathetic for is the coma girl, cause there was nothing she could have done to prevent it. but i also give kudos to shinji for stopping the swimming guy from sleeping with the blue haired girl...but hes still a f@g for sleeping with his best friends woman. I'd rather die by a thousand swords before i sleep with another man's woman.
Jan 17, 2008 2:11 PM

Oct 2007
MartinLi said:
I'd rather die by a thousand swords before i sleep with another man's woman.

a guy with principles..*bow* i thought you were extinct..LOL

Jan 17, 2008 2:19 PM

Sep 2007
shikakage said:
MartinLi said:
I'd rather die by a thousand swords before i sleep with another man's woman.

a guy with principles..*bow* i thought you were extinct..LOL

He's one of a kind :P
Jan 17, 2008 2:26 PM

Oct 2007
yup he is..hahaha..^_^

Aug 17, 2010 2:19 PM

Sep 2008
I didn't like how overly dramitic it is, not to mention the entire plot is paper thin and all the characters are douchebags
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.