Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2007 4:47 PM

Aug 2007
well since i'm really bored and the poll results are equal, i thought i'd write a guide on making money

Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)

When you first start out in this game, you'll find it hard to make money. The ways that you can make money are limited, and they don't give you much money either. Here are some basic ways to make money:

1. Shells
Walk down to the beach, and pick up the shells to sell to Tom Nook. The shells will reappear after a while, or when you turn your game off and you turn it on they will reappear.

2. Money Rock
Every day, there will be one rock that when hit with a shovel will drop money. You have a limited time to hit it as many times as you can, and each time it's hit, you get more money. A simple strategy is to dig a hole behind you and to the two sides of you so you don't move when you hit the rock. Using three holes, you will block areas where the money is dropped. Using one hole will allow the money to be dropped in those places, but it isn't as efficient as using three holes

3. Fruit
Your town will start off with one fruit as the designated fruit. You can shake the trees to get them to fall, and you can sell them for 100 Bells each. Fruit that is not the designated fruit of your town will sell for 500 Bells each (besides coconuts). The fruit grows back after three days, and you can plant fruit to grow a fruit tree in your town.

4. Shaking Trees
Shaking the trees in your town will yield 5 results. A bag of 100 Bells will drop, furniture will drop, a bee's nest will drop, fruit will drop, or nothing will happen. Shaking trees is a way to get some extra cash, but you can get stung by a bee. Everyday, there will be two trees with a piece of furniture, so you might find furniture sometimes.

5. Errands
Sometimes when you talk to an animal, they will ask you to deliver something to another animal. If you accept and deliver the gift, return to the animal to recieve a gift. This method can take time, and you'll often times get items instead of money.

6. Lost And Found/Garbage
Everyday, you should check the lost and found (talk to booker) and you can claim any items that are lost. In the town hall, check the garbage (green box on the right) to see if any items are in there. You can keep these items or sell them to Tom Nook to make some cash.

7. Fishing
Fishing is one of the best ways to make money. Simply walk (don't run) on the beach or beside a river until you find a shadow that looks like a fish. Cast your rod, wait for it to make a splash, and then hit A. If you catch a new type of fish, I recommend giving it to the museum, but that is just my opinion.

8. Insects
The same thing applies for insects that apply for fishing. For some you have to run to catch them, for others you have to slowly approach or they'll fly away. I find fishing to be faster and easier then catching insects however. If you catch a new type of insect, I recommend giving it to the museum.

9. Digging
Everyday there will be three spots with either a pitfall, fossil or gyroid. Take the fossils to Blathers and have him examine them. I would recommend donating them, but you can sell them too. Gyroids are statues that move around, and if you keep them they give you extra points for your HRA score, or you can sell them.

10. Turnips
Every Sunday, you will be able to buy turnips. Ignore the red turnips (they're for getting the golden axe and other items) and focus on the white turnips. Joan will usually sell them for around 100 Bells. Buy as many as you can and wait for the next day. Everyday except Sunday, Tom Nook will buy white turnips for a certain amount of money. It could be less, it could be more then what you paid to buy them. You can wait till the next day, or sell them. However, turnips spoil after a week, and time traveling also affects turnips too.
Retribution75Oct 31, 2007 5:04 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 15, 2008 5:14 PM

Sep 2007
Okay for the money rock, the most efficient method to hit is is to stand diagonal from the rock and dig 2 holes to the sides behind you where money isn't dropped.
Jul 30, 2011 2:00 PM

May 2011
Send people letters with your town fruit, they'll usually send furniture to you which you can sell.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Galodyl - Apr 24, 2020

3 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 18, 2023 7:30 PM

» town name

Retribution75 - Oct 29, 2007

12 by NerdyyDumpling »»
Jul 30, 2017 6:54 AM

» house themes

Retribution75 - Oct 29, 2007

3 by z4chr13 »»
Jul 30, 2011 1:59 PM

» Friend Codes

kirzel034 - May 18, 2010

0 by kirzel034 »»
May 18, 2010 9:36 PM

Poll: » do you want a faq posted on this club?

Retribution75 - Oct 30, 2007

3 by Retribution75 »»
Oct 30, 2007 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.