Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2009 12:55 PM

Sep 2008
Some recipes I happen to favor.

If you have any you would recomend feel free to post them if you like.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 14, 2009 12:56 PM

Sep 2008
Citrus Yellow Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 margarine or butter( what I use), softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs

In a bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk, margarine, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till combined. Beat on high speed for two minutes. Add eggs and beat two minutes more. Pour into 3 greased and flowered 9x1 1/2 inch round baking pans. Bake in a375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool thoroughly on racks. serves 12.

Citrus Yellow Cake
Prepare as above, except add 2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel ( my preferred) or finely shredded lemon peel to the flour mixture Fill with Lemon filling and frost with Lemon or Orange Butter Frosting if desired.( I never do plain sugar icing works well I find, and limes work well as well I bet grapefruit and tangerine would work as well but I have not tried it yet)

Word for word from the book.
Maho-shonenMay 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Jan 16, 2009 11:01 AM

Sep 2008
Teryaki Hambergers

You add 1 1/2 teaspoons of teryaki to the hambeger when you are makeing it if it is a small one, 3 for a medium and 3 1/2 for a large one.

Then you just cook it normaly, because o fthe teryaki it will ten to fall apart more but it is good enough to eat with out condments so it should not be a problem.

Jan 17, 2009 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
X-potion

Ok this one is stilll I am still working on.
It is a ligud desinde to replinish the body.

It is ratio ie 3 parts sugar to 1 part salt mixed in water.
This will replinis you on a hot day.
The problem is it tastes and I can't stress this enough TERAIBAL.

The sultion is a masking agent.
I have tryed vallal aextract but it doesn't really help.
Curently I am looking into fruit juices.
My next experiment will be with lemon then lime juice.

If you figure any thing out let me know.
( by the way adding friut punch or substitoing it for the water doesn't count)

Nov 29, 2010 9:00 AM

Sep 2008
This is my grandmother's recipie for her home made bread. Love the stuff, and this recope is in her own words.

White bread

5 3/4 to 6 1/4 cups flour
1 package dry yeast
2 1/4 cups of milk ( vitamin D milk for a rich flavor)
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Teaspoon salt

In a large mixing bowl combine 2 2/1 cups of flour and the yeast. Heat in a sauce pan and stir in the milk, sugar, butter, and salt until warm and the butter melts. Add the flour mixture. Beat with mixer on low speed. Then beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a spoon stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
Put the dough on lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make it slightly stiff dough. Shape into ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turn once greased surface, cover, and let rise in a warm place till the dough doubles in size. Takes about 45 minutes.
Put dough on lightly floured surface and divide dough in half. Cover and let rest fro 10 minutes. Lightly grease two loaf pans. Shape each half into the pans, cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes. Bake in a 357 degree oven doe about 40 minutes or until the bread is done. Get a tooth pick and insert in the middle of bread when checking if the toothpick comes back clean then the bread is done. To keep the bread from getting overly brown when at the time fo being done cover the bread with foil. Remove immediately and let cool on rack.

Feb 13, 2012 12:28 PM

Sep 2008
Porcupine Meatballs

1 beaten egg
1 10oz can of tomato soup
1/4 cup long grain rice
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1lb ground hamburger
1 teaspoon Worchester sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Combine egg, 1/4 cup of soup (no water), uncooked rice, onion powder and pepper.
Add meat, mix well. Shape into balls.
Mix rest of soup, Worchester sauce, oregano, 1/2 cup water. Pour over meatballs. Bake for 1hr at 350 degrees F.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» I'm not dead yet!

Maho-shonen - Jun 24, 2011

11 by Maho-shonen »»
Aug 26, 2013 7:50 PM

Poll: » The well of many worlds.

Maho-shonen - Apr 20, 2009

25 by Maho-shonen »»
Sep 9, 2012 11:23 AM

» How did you meet Maho-Shonen?

KidRyan - Nov 10, 2008

26 by Blackmage_Girl »»
Aug 3, 2011 7:20 AM

Poll: » Cat's rants

Maho-shonen - May 28, 2009

5 by Maho-shonen »»
May 11, 2010 11:49 AM

» AMV spam

Maho-shonen - Nov 11, 2008

25 by Maho-shonen »»
May 10, 2010 2:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.