Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2013 1:19 PM
Jun 2013
hey im new in here and made my first amv , hope you enjoy it

Mod Edit: Embedded the video and modified the post a bit because before it was basically advertising for your youtube channel.
LunaJun 17, 2013 1:27 PM
Jun 17, 2013 1:26 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Jun 18, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
Did you use the two specials?
-Fixing-
Jun 18, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
I didnt know people still left subtitles in their amvs
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jun 18, 2013 12:26 PM
Jun 2013
yes and is it good ?
Jun 18, 2013 12:27 PM
Jun 2013
its my FIRST amv i didnt know how to remove them sory
Jun 20, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2011
It's awful.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 20, 2013 1:05 PM
Jun 2013
CommanderJenny said:
It's awful.

good for you
Jun 21, 2013 3:52 AM

May 2012
CommanderJenny said:
It's awful.

It wasn't so good, but I've seen a lot worse.
At least it wasn't a Linkin Park song.
Jun 21, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
animefreaks15 said:
CommanderJenny said:
It's awful.

good for you

What? No, it's good for you that somebody is being honest about how shitty your work is.

Jun 22, 2013 7:31 AM
Jun 2013
CommanderJenny said:
animefreaks15 said:
CommanderJenny said:
It's awful.

good for you

What? No, it's good for you that somebody is being honest about how shitty your work is.

so its good for me to hear that somebody says that my work is shitty and awful , you now what you can held that bad comments for your own and I wonder how your first amv was !
Jun 22, 2013 9:48 AM
Jun 2013
Sionysion said:
Not bad at all :) I'm surprised you managed to make that song fit so well, I was a bit worried when it started playing but you did quite well. Great job :)

thanks alot !!

Just curious, how long did it take you to make? I've done videos before and they tend to take quite a few hours to make, and the ones I've made have minimal editing compared to an AMV :)

it took at least 6 hours to make and your very king bro I love you !

P.s. On behalf of all Humans with common sense in human interaction, I am sorry for the harshness of the particular person above. At least we now know who to avoid.

very true man

CommanderJenny said:
animefreaks15 said:
CommanderJenny said:
It's awful.

good for you

Staiting it's terrible in your own opinion doesn't help, giving an informative Critic on the other hand would be helpful. Saying straight up "It's Aweful" achieves nothing, apart from creating a terrible image of yourself, which I am sure you don't care about.
Jun 22, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, the song is horrible, there were too many distracting unecessary effects, you didn't even remove subtitles, and to be fair, you didn't have very much to begin with. Nothing strikes me as visually interesting, hence, there's nothing I find appealing.

Jun 22, 2013 12:22 PM
Jun 2013
CommanderJenny said:
Ok, the song is horrible, there were too many distracting unecessary effects, you didn't even remove subtitles, and to be fair, you didn't have very much to begin with. Nothing strikes me as visually interesting, hence, there's nothing I find appealing.

the first thing I love the song and there are other people that love the song to and I didnt know how to remove the subtitles and your comments are fucking idiotic , if you gonna say bad comments or things then dont comment .
Jun 22, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
I've only made one AMV, it was like two years ago, and it had dubstep... I still think it wasn't bad, I should make another one. They are fun to make. Also I didn't see anyone mention it to you, to get the video without subtitles you need to download a "raw" version.
Jun 22, 2013 12:54 PM
Jun 2013
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
I've only made one AMV, it was like two years ago, and it had dubstep... I still think it wasn't bad, I should make another one. They are fun to make. Also I didn't see anyone mention it to you, to get the video without subtitles you need to download a "raw" version.

how you mean a raw version ??
Jun 22, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
animefreaks15 said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Raw means it is the original Japanese version, not the subbed version. When you go to download it, it will say "raw" 90% of the time.
Jun 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Jun 2013
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
animefreaks15 said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Raw means it is the original Japanese version, not the subbed version. When you go to download it, it will say "raw" 90% of the time.

okay next time im gonna search for a raw version , thanks :D
Jun 23, 2013 12:40 AM

Jun 2013
Although they were being a bit harsh to you, bad comments are also necessary to learn. They could've been more polite, but to say you don't want any bad comments. You want to become better right?
Jun 23, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2009
MahouMagica said:
Although they were being a bit harsh to you, bad comments are also necessary to learn. They could've been more polite, but to say you don't want any bad comments. You want to become better right?

Thats what people will say but we all know they only wanna hear that others thought it was good.
Jun 23, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2011
This was my first AMV, made on Windows Movie Maker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A1ChLiMZ0I

And this was my second that I recently made on Sony Vegas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arSrjv48-ZQ

Just for reference...

It's not as awful as some people have said...the song fits very well with the anime and you used high quality footage, which is more than I can say for a lot of beginners.

If you want some tips, you can PM me or comment on my profile or whatever. I think it's a good start (making AMVs is HARD!) but there's a lot you can improve on. I could give you some advice, or you can watch other people's AMVs to get a better idea of what a really good AMV looks like.

This is by far the best I've seen, not including MEPs and mixed edits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ8JRfsurt4

By the way, I subscribed to you. :)
Jun 23, 2013 1:18 PM
Jun 2013
MahouMagica said:

yes I realy want to become better !
Jun 23, 2013 1:20 PM
Jun 2013
Adair said:
This was my first AMV, made on Windows Movie Maker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A1ChLiMZ0I

And this was my second that I recently made on Sony Vegas:

Just for reference...

It's not as awful as some people have said...the song fits very well with the anime and you used high quality footage, which is more than I can say for a lot of beginners.

If you want some tips, you can PM me or comment on my profile or whatever. I think it's a good start (making AMVs is HARD!) but there's a lot you can improve on. I could give you some advice, or you can watch other people's AMVs to get a better idea of what a really good AMV looks like.

This is by far the best I've seen, not including MEPs and mixed edits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ8JRfsurt4

By the way, I subscribed to you. :)

wow you are realy kind thank you ! if you want we can chat with each other sometimes and you can give me tipes and realy thank you , you make me happy ! :D
Jun 23, 2013 11:21 PM

Sep 2011
animefreaks15 said:
CommanderJenny said:

the first thing I love the song and there are other people that love the song to and I didnt know how to remove the subtitles and your comments are fucking idiotic , if you gonna say bad comments or things then dont comment .

Didn't you want to hear people's opinions? You're never going to evolve if people only tell you your shit is perfect already.

Jun 24, 2013 12:00 PM
Jun 2013
CommanderJenny said:
animefreaks15 said:
CommanderJenny said:

Didn't you want to hear people's opinions? You're never going to evolve if people only tell you your shit is perfect already.

okay
Jun 25, 2013 6:43 AM

Dec 2011
Adair said:

What version of movie maker is that? The effects are pretty neat.
IcynessJun 25, 2013 6:46 AM
Jun 25, 2013 8:00 AM
Jun 2013
thanks for your comments everyone and thanks for the ones that helped me :D
Jun 25, 2013 11:34 AM

Aug 2011
Icyness said:
Adair said:

The shitty one that comes with Windows 7. It's just the fade to black and some warp effect on one of the scenes...pretty simple. Lol, I hate WMM.
Jun 25, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
Adair said:
Icyness said:
Adair said:

The shitty one that comes with Windows 7. It's just the fade to black and some warp effect on one of the scenes...pretty simple. Lol, I hate WMM.

If you're serious about this amv thing then the first rule id advise to you is not to use WMM.
Jun 25, 2013 3:00 PM
Jun 2013
biitchstick said:
Adair said:
Icyness said:
Adair said:

If you're serious about this amv thing then the first rule id advise to you is not to use WMM.

oeps i use wmm to, its good altough ?
Jun 25, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2011
biitchstick said:
Adair said:
Icyness said:
Adair said:

This isn't OP by the way. And it was my first AMV, so I didn't know what I was doing either. I used Vegas for my second AMV, and it came out a lot better.

Jun 29, 2013 6:02 PM
Jun 2013
wow I used vegas and its really a difficult program , its good but very complicated.
Dec 16, 2016 7:07 PM
Dec 2016
hey everyone this is my second try i dont know how its look but i want honest comments nd advice's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqBHOJDLk0&t=49s

my first vid : hhh i killed it with bad color effects its so dark .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rT2M8VXCc8
Dec 18, 2016 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
Allow me to weigh in and give some feedback.

For starters, your second video is much better. I like the subtle camera movement and angles used, along with the slight altering of the color and blur. It gives the piece an extra layer of haze that adds to the dark images that are quite brutal and intense.

Your music choice is fine, while not my cup of tea really, there is no issue.

While these things are good, each video I saw a distinct lack of real connection to the song and story of the images portrayed. To me, it was a mesh of action sequences put together that ultimately conveyed no message.

I used to do a lot of Techno and trance songs for my AMVs since I felt lyrics forced me to tell the story of the song, but that was just me.

However, here I see a lot of images that don't line up well and ultimately look thrown together and don't sync well.

There is a lot of missed opportunity in the timing and tempo of each song, as well as using too much of one given scene of the show. Your second video's opening sequence was merely Drifters first battle with the Shogan merely edited down a bit with some layer effects atop it. While it wasn't bad, it didn't impress or interest me, leading me to be bored.

going back to your first video, the shots and sequences used felt random at times, where I didn't get the sense of the imagery or point that was being made. Some of the points line up, but much of the impact is lacking (Beserk's TERRIBLE CGI doesn't make it better).

Over all, for your first AMV, it isn't that bad, but you need to focus more on "telling your story" and keeping an eye and ear to your music. An AMV needs to tell a story, as well as excite the viewer. While there were points you do this, not enough is there.

I basically stopped doing AMVs after I came to realize this fundamental problem in my work, hence why I don't do them anymore, since I feel I don't make good ones (not to mention the time it takes).

Who knows, maybe you can take a look at one of my works and see where I too lacked in story and meaning behind my work. I always focused more on tempo and visuals myself.

Alas, maybe it can help you. I will leave a link below (Again, it's an old work of mine that I did rather quickly, but maybe it can inspire you., who knows). ^^

Still, keep at it. It takes time to get your style and figure things out. You only get better with practice. Best of luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KjMSnHBNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisx3rvJvqw

Be sure to watch actual GOOD AMVs too. I'm just showing you a couple of mine simply to showcase an average pereson who used to play around with AMVs back in the day.

Happy Editing. ^^
alterangel1046zrDec 18, 2016 12:57 AM

More topics from this board

» Sasami Jurai - TAKARA "Tenchi Muyo!" Doll Series

MasterTasuke - 18 minutes ago

0 by MasterTasuke »»
18 minutes ago

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - 1 hour ago

0 by ToastWithNutella »»
1 hour ago

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1010 by ekabu24 »»
Today, 10:15 AM

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

6 by Anituber69 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara (MegaHouse 1/6, 2007/2024)

MasterTasuke - May 4

1 by MasterTasuke »»
May 4, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.