Forum Settings
Forums

How do you think Shinji & Asuka's realtionship will be in Rebuild?

New
Jan 1, 2009 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Do you think Anno will finally make them a couple, or give their relationship the ambiguity of EoE? Or will something completely different happen?

Personally, I'm hoping they'll become a couple; it'd be nice to have some closure on their relationship. Although it's not Shinji and Asuka without misunderstandings or still being screwed up. ;)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 11, 2009 1:26 PM
Oct 2008
I doubt it will be too different from the original series.
Jul 20, 2009 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Given the things that happen in 2.0 (Don't give out any SPOILERS in here please.), I'm starting to think Anno is gradually leading up to an ending where Shinji and Asuka become a couple. I guess only time will tell, but even if they just confirm their friendship, I think we'll get a happy end of some sort.
Oct 8, 2009 4:15 AM

Feb 2008
You left out the possibility that A/S will be completely nonexistent in the following Rebuild movies, and we may be left with something different. Unless that falls under "completely different dynamic to their relationship". But what do I know? I haven't seen 2.0.
— The Geek With Taste
Mar 25, 2014 3:25 PM
Jul 2011
SailorStarDust said:
I'm starting to think Anno is gradually leading up to an ending where Shinji and Asuka become a couple. I guess only time will tell, but even if they just confirm their friendship, I think we'll get a happy end of some sort.

;______________________________________;
Mar 26, 2014 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
I think this whole sequence

http://i.imgur.com/CoffSmv.jpg

means there's some form of hope with Shinji being understood, if nothing else. Keep in mind how Asuka called out for Shinji during Operation U.S., and how she clearly has mixed feelings post-2.0 about him.
Mar 26, 2014 4:22 PM
Jul 2011
Heh, I said basically the same thing on EGF back after the movie came out, also positing that her disproportionate anger at Shinji was a result of her feelings for him resurfacing after she thought she was over him, and his apparent caring more about what happened to Rei than her.

Still, reading reactions from prior to 3.0 always brings on a case of the feels due to how wrong we were, at least for now.
Mar 28, 2014 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
CJD said:
Still, reading reactions from prior to 3.0 always brings on a case of the feels due to how wrong we were, at least for now.

Definitely! Though I'm happy the direction they're going in...it was certainly unexpected, that's for sure.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Why do you like Shinji and Asuka?

removed-user - Oct 23, 2008

11 by Happosama »»
Jan 25, 2012 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.